Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Ashigaru Trecalia

re: Tinki

I never had the opportunity to know the person, but I'd heard the name and color pairing...reading this, I think I would have liked to.

Officer

Awarded:

This news breaks my heart. Not unexpected, but heartbreaking nonetheless.

Tinki was one of the first I met in LMB too. Always encouraging. Always understanding.

Thank you for finding out and letting us know Sonca.
I had been trying to find out how Ron was doing for some time, but with no success.

The image below was a commissioned piece I did for Tinki.

Forum Image
Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

Words do a terrible job, sometimes. Ron and Tinki were a rare type of sunshine and there is a hole where they belong in the LMB. He was gifted in giving selflessly and helping others enjoy their time in Middle Earth. I'm glad we were able to let him know how much we appreciated him on a few occasions.

I will miss Mistress Tinki's threats of the BOOT the most and seeing her dance. What a grand character.

% "The Vendor"

% She is just a vendor
% And her story's seldom told,
% She has squandered her inventory
% For a pack jammed full of pleasantries,
% Such as pastries
% Ales, pie, and weed
% Still, a troll hears what he wants to hear-
% And disregards the deed.

% When she left her hole
% And her family,
% She was no more than a girl
% In the company of strangers
% In the quiet of the travellin' wagon,
% Running scared,
% Laying low,
% Seeking out the poorer quarters
% Where the ragged people go,
% Looking for the places
% Only they would know.

% By the light!
% lie la la la lie lie,
% By the light!
% lie la la la la lie la la la la lie...

% Asking only bandsman's wages
% She came looking for a job,
% So she started hawking,
% While dancing merrily up
% On high mount Weatherstock
% I do declare,
% There were times when I was so lonesome
% I took some comfort there.

% By the light!
% lie la la la lie lie,
% By the light!
% lie la la la la lie la la la la lie...

% Then I'm laying out my yellow robe
% And wishing I was like her,
% Sharing hope
% Where the Lonely Mountain winters
% Aren't bleeding me,
% She's leading me,
% We're sharing joy.

% In the clearing stands a hobbit,
% And a vendor by her trade
% And she carries the reminders
% Of ev'ry boot that kick'd the ground
% And tore her till out she cries
% In her sorrow and her shame,
% "I'm out of ales, I'm out of pies!"
% But the kindness still remains.

% By the light!
% lie la la la lie lie,
% By the light!
% lie la la la la lie la la lie...
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I was telling some of my friends today how surprising I find it that the passing of someone I only knew in a video game hurts me. I did not have nearly the time to get to know Tinki as some did, but you could not hear some of her antics, or read some of the posts without being drawn deeply to her world of ale and smokes. And of course the ever present specter of the boot was always there. Tinki made others smile even during the times we know Ron must have been in pain. And I like to believe that when his time was close at hand, Tinki stood close by Ron's side, offering to share her pipe-weed and pie.

Floradine
Officer

Awarded:

Oh, I remember that image, Kyrian, haha!

Oh boy. I am not sure what to say. We were expecting this day for so long now and I quite got very used to it that it seemed to never come. I can't remember anymore when he told us that they found him terminally ill from cancer. It must have been sometime in 2012. That means he lived for four more years while doctors gave him only months. This eases the pain a bit although I can only imagine how hard it must have been for him.

As for so many LMBers Tinki was the very first person of LMB I ever met at Weatherstock III in 2011. I was so excited, coming from Belegaer, to finally see this big event with my own eyes, shortly after it was possible for Europeans to create characters on US servers. I didn't know about the vending but suddenly I was talked to by a yellow, blonde hobbit lass by the name of Tinki from the Lonely Mountain Band and it was like I was being recognized by a true, and very famous, rock star. She was like she always was ever since I knew her: So incredibly friendly and warmhearted and I liked her right from the start for it. She gave me ale and pie and I felt obliged to donate something to this incredible kinship that organized this incredible Weatherstock event! And I was level 7, just came out of the intro and that was it. I gave her all my money (the insane sum of 50 silver!) and she took it with grace.

Ever since I knew Tinki like everyone else knew her and I remember when I was one time grouping up with her and learned that she was a he with a very deep and warm and kind voice. We had a lot of fun although I only understood half of what this guy said because of the way he spoke. People who knew him will know what I mean.

Time passed by and then he opened up to us about his illness. Like everyone else I was deeply worried for him. Some time before that I made a poster for Sapience who I planned to visit at the German Gamescom game fair. We took that idea and made a similar poster for Tinki to show our affection for this great person.

You can find her thank-you thread here: http://weatherstock.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11210029&gid=316072
Sadly the pictures of him holding it up are lost. Maybe someone has copied them and can post them here?

More time passed by and the concerns grew ever so slowly but surely. I did the song for Weatherstock 5 and by that time Tinki was a long standing legend with the yellow outfit and the vending already. But I was afraid that we would soon lose him and so I decided to put his voice into the song and dedicate a whole verse just about him. I sang it myself, together with his voice acting.

The finished song can be found here: https://soundcloud.com/the-strongfoots/weatherstock5

I am glad I did it and I was very glad he took it how it was meant: As a loving gift to the friend he was to me also, like to everyone else in the kin.

Now the time finally has come to say goodbye and I do it only with a heavy heart and like everyone who knew him only with tears in my eyes. I will remember you, fondly and keep you in my heart, yellow hobbit.

Farewell.

EDIT: I saw the poster cannot be seen in the thread I linked to above. I uploaded it on my webspace and put it here. You can right-click and then open the image in another tab or window, then wait a while for it to fully load and then you can read the individual messages from many members who participated in this gift.

Forum Image

Awarded:

Flora, that is such a neat thing to see. Thanks for posting it here.

Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

After months of wondering, we now know Tinki has waved his final goodbye. Not unexpected, but still very saddening. Thank you Sonca, for sifting through the news and sharing this with us. *hobbit hugs*

Perhaps due to time zones and play times, my interactions with Tinki may not have been as many or deep as some in the kin. Still, the yellow hobbit has shaped much in our Lonely Mountain Band. I've loved vending in the Tinki outfit, and have told many a recruit to 'slay an orc for Tinki'.

Much of my 'time' with Tinki has been through the LMB forums. His open-minded, patient, and giving attitude was evident in the way he wrote, and has been an inspiration to me as an officer. Tinki shared some of his life story and struggles with health on the forums, popping in every now and then to leave a note for us kinnies. Through these, I came to appreciate and admire his fortitude and courage. He's mentioned that LMB (the kin and kinnies), and LotRO brightened up his days as well.
Last year, Tinki spent a month or two on the forums to help update bits of our Charter and recruitment process. His patience, love for the kin, and hopes for our future struck me deeply.

Looking back, I once grouped with Tinki to finish a boss slayer deed in Eregion. The biggest surprise at that time was her deep manly voice. He had a great sense of humour. Through Tinki, I came to enjoy voice chat and see it as a way of just chilling with fellow kin mates whilst our characters ran around the landscape.

One of my few photos of the hobbit in yellow: I was really grateful to Tinki (and others who helped), when myself with a group of kinnies were trying to conquer Ost Dunhoth. He was kind, patient, and it was a fun team night. (We slew a Balrog with Tinki.)
Forum Image

Thank you Keli, Kyria, Gori and Flora for sharing these memories and photos. Flo, that poster is amazing *awes*

A tribute / memorial sounds excellent. I'm flying off that evening (my morning), but will try to be there, time permitting.

~ Far Apart, Never Alone ~
Bilwise
Officer

Awarded:

Every time I don the yellow vendor garb I try to honor the memory of the little vendor hobbit.

Farewell, Tinki: ever the heart (and boot) of LMB.

Officer

Awarded:

Here is the day I met Tinki.

Forum Image

My whole life in LOTRO and the creation of Windy Acres Ranch started with him.

There aren't words for what I'm feeling right now. I didn't know it would hit so hard because, as many of you have pointed out, it's not entirely unexpected. The reality of it is painful and heavy.

I would very much like to help with whatever memorial is put together.

Has anyone started a memorial thread in the LOTRO forums yet and announced in Faces of Landroval? I can help if it's useful.

Forum Image

Such sad news. sad crying

Not for Tinki... he is beyond sadness and pain... but for us. By the time I joined the kin, Tinki wasn't as active, so I never got to know him/her much more than a cheerful, always helpful, hobbit lass keeping everyone's plates and mugs full. She offered to vend at Tam and my's wedding... at the last minute even. :) I don't know that I ever got to see that feared boot, perhaps because of time differences. haha But from my observations, Tinki was a perfect picture of the heart and soul of LMB.

*raises a cup in the honor and memory of our sweet yellow clad Tinki*

A picture from the wedding with Tinki dancing in the circle. :)

Forum Image

Oooo... and found one more closer up, with Harperella. :)

Forum Image

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

My condolences to those of you who were close to, or who were somehow inspired by Ron and his hobbit lass, Tinki. What a warm and caring person. *drinks to Tinki's memory*

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Caiyyd

Awarded:

This truly saddens me. Ron was such an amazing soul (we had some conversations when my wife had her bone marrow transplant) and Tinki will leave a yellow-tinged hole in the landscape of Landroval. I really don't know what else to say right now sad
Corulin
Corumael
Pretty Officer

Awarded:

The first time I talked to Tinki was after my application had been approved and I was a bit confused about how I should contact an officer for my interview. It was during the Treasure Hunt and I was pondering what to do, being the shy person that I am, when suddenly a hobbit lass of bright colours ran by several times. It was Tinki. I probably bothered him while he was busy, but he kindly made time for me and didn't seem to mind my slow typing and my silliness. He did the interview right then and there, and invited me into the band.

Gentle and patient, generous and honest, kind and understanding. That's Tinki! I miss him so sad

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

Tinki says, 'Vending is arguably THE funnest duty one can have on Weatherstock day,...we get to mingle till we tingle among the crowd.'

Tinki says, 'So if there be any here who just dont know what to do to help out,.... I strongly suggest donning a yeller outfit and come have some fun!'

Forum Image
Forum Image

Officer

Awarded:

Thank you so much for posting those pictures. I will always be glad that we had a party for Tinki before he passed. I have often lamented when people were memorialized after they were gone, wondering if the person knew how much they were appreciated. It is a comfort that Tinki knew.

I was so sorry to hear this news, and sorry for everyone hurting over it sad I had just a couple of interactions with Tinki and from what I experienced, and have heard, he was sweet, warm and kind. The tributes are a lovely idea. I'm so glad that he knew how much he meant to his friends here. That poster is lovely, Flo.

/toasts Tinki

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: