Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival 2016 -- May 14

Daffodilia wrote:
Two things...
As to prizes, I don't know (due to levels) but how about crafted 1st age war steed bridles with the name related to the event?

Did you find someone to work up a poster yet? I would offer now but we're in the middle of moving madness. My free time might clear up a bit next month in time to make something since the event is in May if you can't find someone who can do one before then.

Also, do you have some images I could use from last year's carnival so we can run a press piece in the Landy Lately before the event? If you'd like that, please let me know, and also let me know which week you'd want the article to run. I'm always looking for more items for the sports page.

Some crafted 1st Age war steed bridles would make amazing prizes! That is a fantastic idea. Thank you!

I don't have anyone to work up a poster yet. I'm hoping that someone can do this, two weeks from now, when we lock in the schedule. That would give us one full month of advertising. If you are willing to do a poster, I'm very grateful to have it, regardless of when you're able to finish.

There are many pictures of horse races, shows, rodeos, and other events SteelAndMagic.com -- I need up update the site with the last round of events, but there are several years of small photos available. Feel free to use anything that you find useful.

Here's the "round up" of last year's SRC -- http://steelandmagic.com/?p=4890

You might want to interview last year's champions -- Lainiest, Craicwyth, and Nettlebow.

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Daffodilia wrote:
Two things...
As to prizes, I don't know (due to levels) but how about crafted 1st age war steed bridles with the name related to the event?

Did you find someone to work up a poster yet? I would offer now but we're in the middle of moving madness. My free time might clear up a bit next month in time to make something since the event is in May if you can't find someone who can do one before then.

Also, do you have some images I could use from last year's carnival so we can run a press piece in the Landy Lately before the event? If you'd like that, please let me know, and also let me know which week you'd want the article to run. I'm always looking for more items for the sports page.

Some crafted 1st Age war steed bridles would make amazing prizes! That is a fantastic idea. Thank you!

I don't have anyone to work up a poster yet. I'm hoping that someone can do this, two weeks from now, when we lock in the schedule. That would give us one full month of advertising. If you are willing to do a poster, I'm very grateful to have it, regardless of when you're able to finish.

There are many pictures of horse races, shows, rodeos, and other events SteelAndMagic.com -- I need up update the site with the last round of events, but there are several years of small photos available. Feel free to use anything that you find useful.

Here's the "round up" of last year's SRC -- http://steelandmagic.com/?p=4890

You might want to interview last year's champions -- Lainiest, Craicwyth, and Nettlebow.

Super! Glad ya liked the idea.

Thankies for the tip about interviewees. I'll see if I can get a volunteer to try to contact them for interviews.

If you do not get another volunteer for the advert design: If all goes well, we should be moving into our new place in MA near the 15th, so perhaps not right at the one month prior mark, but the week after things may have settled down to where I can design if no one else has stepped up by then.

Awarded:

*Pops head in*

I added this event to the LotroArtists site as a featured event. If you want anything specific changed/updated/etc. please let me know. Otherwise I will just monitor what's going on here and update the LA event entry accordingly.

Officer

Awarded:

The formation riding team segment has changed into a horse parade.

Everyone is invited to participate. We'll have three themed segments -- elegant steeds, fierce steeds, and rare steeds.
Please pick a horse for as many categories as you can, and have a matching outfit ready to go.
We'll ride at a walk or trot around the outer edge of the field, moving counter-clockwise.

We'll invite the public to jump in with their steeds to show off in the ring.

Is there someone who could host this while I prep for the big race?
You'll just need to announce each category, let our stars ride for a couple of minutes, invite the public to show off steeds in that category, clear the field, then repeat for the next category (in approximately 10 minute segments). Take screenshots as you go so that we can award prizes later for people who had the best steeds and matching outfits.

Awarded:

Does the video look good?

Awarded:

Okay, so as I stated in a previous post, my middle daughter's college graduation is on May 14th. We found out today that it will be early in the day so with time for the ceremony, travel time and lunch I should be able to make it to the Spring Racing Carnival by 3:00pm or a little bit before.

So, although I will not be able to help with judging the cup races, I will be able to have my hobbit Irisanne be a barrel and Tulenn will be able to play with The Remediators! Whew! Was afraid it might miss the whole thing!

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Forte Maestro

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Does the video look good?

Looks good! Only suggestion I would have is showing, even if for a few seconds, maybe after 42 sec an example of the parade between the 42 mark and the cheering hobbit on the dias?

Great video :)

Awarded:

Forte Maestro wrote:
Looks good! Only suggestion I would have is showing, even if for a few seconds, maybe after 42 sec an example of the parade between the 42 mark and the cheering hobbit on the dias?

I'm trying to parse this but I'm failing. You want me to show a horse parade between the 42 sec mark and the cheering hobbit? I suppose I could film that, if I can find some volunteers...

Awarded:

The video looks wonderful! I love having all of the information in one place to share and the background music is grand!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Please feel free to share the video on any social media sites that you visit.

Long link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFECBO9vEDo

Short link: https://youtu.be/kFECBO9vEDo

It looks like the event has come together nicely. As long as we have plenty of judge volunteers on race day, we should be in good shape! :)

Awarded:

Done! If you have a written AD you can get me Ill also get it on LOTROPlayers

Officer

Awarded:

Here is something, but feel free to clean it up...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Please join us for the 2016 Spring Racing Carnival on Saturday, May 14th. The SRC is an equestrian extravaganza on Landroval featuring competitive racing, music, and other horse-related fun. A series of three qualifier races culminate in the Eriador Championship Cup, a challenging war steed race that crowns the best rider in Middle Earth. Music is provided by the Department of Harmony and Song (DHS), Little To No Drama, Notenzauber, and the Remediators.

All equestrian events require war steeds and registration with Kiralynn within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time. To participate in the Eriador Championship Cup, you must finish top three (1st/2nd/3rd) in a qualifier race or be a top-three winner from a previous Championship Cup. Event rules will be explained at the event but can also be viewed ahead of time at http://tinyurl.com/hszpgsp.

Here is the schedule:

11:00-11:30pm -- Thorin's Cup Qualifier Race (Thorin's Hall Gates)
12:00pm-12:30pm -- Rivendell Cup Qualifier Race (Last Homely House)
1:00pm-1:30pm -- Bounder's Cup Qualifier Race (Michel Delving)
1:30pm-2:30pm -- BREAK

All afternoon events take place at Hobnanigans Field #2 near the festival grounds in Bree-land.
2:30pm-3:00pm – Rodeo clown show.
3:00-4:00pm – Barrel racing.
4:00pm-4:30pm – Horse parade.
5:00pm-6:00pm – Eriador Championship Cup
6:00pm-7:00pm – Closing Concert

The audience is invited to participate in the horse parade. Please bring a war horse and matching outfit suitable for one (or more) of these categories: Elegant Steeds (fanciful, elaborate, and decorative tack), Fierce Steeds (armored or frightening tack), and Rare Steeds (steeds that are difficult to acquire or which you are particularly proud of). Please wait until you are called onto the field to join in.

(All times are Landroval /servertime and EDT, USA east coast or New York.

Alliman, Andeon, and Eliwren won in 2012. Aalloria, Eliwren, and Lifebringer won in 2013. Mellime, Breglas, and Lainiest won in 2014. Lainiest, Craicwyth, and Nettlebow won in 2015. These riders are automatically invited to the Eriador Championship Cup and should not participate in any qualifier races.)

This event is sponsored by Windy Acres Ranch and the Lonely Mountain Band. Please mark your calendars!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2016/04/21 1:04 pm; edited 3 times in total

Awarded:

How about a little SRC nostalgia? Click here for the 2015 Roundup!

The LOTRO Player Events post has been updated with a detailed event FAQ:
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?602357-Landroval-2016-Spring-Racing-Carnival-Saturday-May-14

Now we just need some advertising posters and as much mention in social media as we can get. :)

Awarded:

Is there an artistic person with a little free time who could put together some advertising posters and/or banners for this event? I'm afraid I have no talent for such things. :P

Page 4 of 7

Jump to: