Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival 2016 -- May 14

If May 14th is too late, what about April 30th? That still gives us two months of prep time.
Either case I would like to volunteer. Rodeo clown sounds fun! XD

Dancyn/Muinbes

Awarded:

re: Spring Riding Events 2016

How exciting! I would be interested in assisting! I would love to learn more about Riding Formation Groups!!
This March will be AFG (Away from Game) part of March as we are heading off to England for a wedding! :D
excitedly,
Dancyn

~Dancyn

Dancyn, Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Lore Master, Gladden

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I honestly don't think we'll have any trouble planning the Spring Racing Carnival and Weatherstock at the same time this year.
At least for the SRC, there won't be anything complicated to worry about. We'll have a selection of the usual equestrian and musical events.
As long as there isn't a push of wide-spread Weatherstock advertising while we're trying to do SRC advertising, we should be fine.
I do imagine the Weatherstock date will be announced before the SRC with basic information, since people need to know well in advance.

Craicwyth is organizing the Formation Riding Team this year (please see his post).

I would love it if Notenzauber and the Remediators would perform. How big of a time slot would you both like?

If there are no objections, we'll go with the Saturday, May 14th date.

Are any of you interested in filming a new SRC advertisement video this year?

Would anyone like to host their own equestrian event or horse-related contest during the SRC?

GDPR#3463094

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

I'd like to race, if I can, but I wouldn't mind hosting one of the races as well, or judging. (Or being a barrel, if you need barrels!)

Officer

Awarded:

Here is a rough draft of the schedule. Please comment with suggestions.

Second run at a May 14th schedule:
11:00-11:30pm -- Thorin's Cup Qualifier Race
12:00pm-12:30pm -- Rivendell Cup Qualifier Race
1:00pm-1:30pm -- Bounder's Cup Qualifier Race
1:30pm-2:30pm -- BREAK
2:30-4:30pm -- Hengstacer Stampede Rodeo
* 2:30pm-3:00pm – Rodeo clown show.
* 3:00-4:00pm – Barrel racing.
* 4:00pm-4:30pm – Formation riding team.
5:00pm-6:00pm – Eriador Championship Cup
6:00pm-7:00pm – Closing Concert

NOTES
* I have added half hour breaks between events to make it easier for people to travel between locations and organize event sign-ups.
* We will have to adjust this based on how much time is needed by the riding team. I could move the start up to one hour earlier if necessary to accommodate events. If the riding team can't perform for any reason, this will become a Horse Show (mounted fashion contest).
* The top 3 winners for the qualifier races, plus two alternates, plus all previous Championship top three winners are invited to participate in the Eriador Championship Cup.
* We will need at least 4 volunteers to act as course judges at each race.

MUSIC
* We need a band to cover the Hengstacer Stampede Rodeo. This involves playing music for the rodeo clowns (if they need it), playing during barrel racing, and playing whatever ABC file is supplied by the formation riding team for their routine. Equestrian-themed and country music are preferred.
* We need a band to cover the Eriador Championship Cup. They will need to play during certain segments of the race and hopefully play our traditional "Ben Hur" song at the end.
* We also need a band to perform a closing concert. Any music works here, though high-energy dancing music is especially popular.
* Any bands who are interested can play for the qualifier races. Music would be wonderful but it’s not critical for these events.

Do we have any new band volunteers?
Do our existing band volunteers have any preferences?

Does the schedule work for everyone?

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2016/03/07 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Just to be sure: we're planning on May 14th, right? I don't have any foreseeable conflicts that day, so sign me up as judge for any/all of the qualifiers and as potential barrel if needed. I'm assuming I can race the Cup based on Eliwren's placement still, but if you need me as a judge for that, too, I don't mind doing it. I'm thinking of using alts for judging and/or "barrelling" to cut down on travel times, and attending as Kaerri for the rest of the events.

Also: are the races all warsteed again?

Schedule looks good to me. I just have one question so far. The half-hour travel break is a good idea, but I wonder if you want a slightly longer one between the qualifiers and the rodeo? 9 hours is a long time to sit in a chair, and I seem to recall a mid-day break in the past for stretching, grabbing noms, bio breaks, etc. Between the qualifiers and the rodeo seems like the best time to me. On the other hand, anyone with swift travel will probably have plenty of time to get from MD to Bree, and it's not all that far to the festival grounds from there (I'm assuming those are the locations, at least) so maybe the extra time isn't needed.

Awarded:

I would also be happy to help Photo-chronicle the events through out the day and have them streaming through out the day on Twitter.

i will talk to my band members if we can play the part from 3.30 - 4pm ( may remediators can Play from 3 - 5.30 PM?).. closing concert 7-8 pm is a Little bit late for a EU Band ;).. I will give feedback later this week..

- Deascaith - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Belegaer)

- Palwyn - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Landroval)

- Paldoria

- Rotmund - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Sirannon )
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

How does this look? Is this better for the Euro players?

Second run at a May 14th schedule:
11:00-11:30pm -- Thorin's Cup Qualifier Race
12:00pm-12:30pm -- Rivendell Cup Qualifier Race
1:00pm-1:30pm -- Bounder's Cup Qualifier Race
1:30pm-2:30pm -- BREAK
2:30-4:30pm -- Hengstacer Stampede Rodeo
* 2:30pm-3:00pm – Rodeo clown show.
* 3:00-4:00pm – Barrel racing.
* 4:00pm-4:30pm – Formation riding team.
5:00pm-6:00pm – Eriador Championship Cup
6:00pm-7:00pm – Closing Concert

GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Yes, it is a busy schedule. In previous years, we tried to hold qualifier races over the weekends leading up to the main event. The turn-out wasn't much better and we had fewer qualifier winners show up for the championship race. It was really six one way, half a dozen the other. It's easier for people to remember a single date, which is a small advantage.

Is there a band who would like to play during one or more of the qualifier races?

Could Notenzauber play from 2:30pm to 4:30pm and the Remediators from 5:00pm to 7:00pm?

We will need:
* 4 judges for each race
* 3 hobbit "barrels"
* 2+ rodeo clowns to tell jokes/etc.
* Qualifier race musicians

I will start a sign-up list on the first post of this thread and keep it up to date.
If you can volunteer for any of these jobs at the times listed, please let me know.
(I know some of you already volunteered but please make sure the time is good for you.)

Awarded:

I can judge at any horse race you need, would prefer to race the Cup if you have enough judges for it. Can also be a hobbit "barrel."

GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: