Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Vorlt Trankey
Vorlt

Awarded:

re: Parade of Lights -Saturday, December 12 - 5-7pm

The second schedule sounds better in my opinion. Less riding. Some people get annoyed if they have to ride a lot

Pretty Officer

Awarded:

I like the first one best since I enjoy riding in The Shire but I think the second one is more practical so my vote would be for that one :)

GDPR#3463094

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Burdie
Daffodilia

Although I like the idea of having some time in the Shire, I also like the idea of folk not getting trampled in the Shire as well.

I do think starting in Bree will also help those who do not have steeds in that there will less time when they feel "out" of things, and especially given that the steeds will be at walk then, a blue tree hunter could always fellow with any walkers to keep them from falling or feeling behind. The walk pace I think is much more suitable for a lantern procession of the happy kind. Otherwise we'd look like a bunch of messengers on the first leg of a journey before we branch out and spread dire news. blushing {The goblins are coming! The goblins are coming!}

So although my heart screams for the Shire time, my vote is with schedule # 2.

Added: Also, I can ask at inspections to see if there is interest in the Bounders organizing a trip from Stock to Bree for anyone who might want a relaxing ride before hand to RP and such during. I'll jes have to make sure to cat herd well so we're not late. Looking at your times, I'd say we'd plan to leave Stock at 4pm to give us a bit of wiggle room.

Officer

Awarded:

Here is the schedule of events:
4:45pm -- At the Pony stage, Old Winyards plays music so people know where the procession will begin.
5:00pm -- Light the lanterns. (Have people equip their sparklers and lanterns, hand out any extras.)
5:05pm -- Begin the trip to the ranch at a walk. On foot until the South gate, then mounted.
5:25pm -- Arrive at the ranch. Welcome everyone and The Remediators start holiday music. Take fashion contest registrations.
5:30pm -- Begin the "Snow Lord or Lady" mounted fashion contest in the front yard.
5:50pm -- Move indoors and begin the "Spirit of Yule" fashion contest.
6:20pm -- Songs with lyrics by The Remediators.
6:30pm -- Yule-themed stories (by Daffodilia and others with music by Old Winyards if requested)
7:00pm -- Open mic for anyone who wants to play music or tell Yule stories.

I am verifying this schedule with The Remediators and will post as soon as they confirm.

Please reply if you can --
* Donate lanterns, sparklers, or fireworks.
* Play with Old Winyards.
* Tell a Yule-themed story (if possible, mention how long you need to tell it).
* Ride a Yule steed in the mounted procession from Bree-town gate to the ranch.

I'm hoping that everyone will carry a light of some kind from the Pony to the south gate for the parade of lights. Perhaps some people will run up ahead and light fireworks along the way.

Awarded:

The Remediators have confirmed their availability. Hooray!

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
4:45pm -- At the Pony stage, Old Winyards plays music so people know where the procession will begin.
5:00pm -- Light the lanterns. (Have people equip their sparklers and lanterns, hand out any extras.)
5:05pm -- Begin the trip to the ranch at a walk. On foot until the South gate, then mounted.
5:25pm -- Arrive at the ranch. Welcome everyone and The Remediators start holiday music. Take fashion contest registrations.
5:30pm -- Begin the "Snow Lord or Lady" mounted fashion contest in the front yard.
6:30pm -- Yule-themed stories (by Daffodilia and others with music by Old Winyards if requested)

I am verifying this schedule with The Remediators and will post as soon as they confirm.

I'm hoping that everyone will carry a light of some kind from the Pony to the south gate for the parade of lights. Perhaps some people will run up ahead and light fireworks along the way.

I can play with Old Winyards.

I'll write some silly story in rhyme (that would be a poem, I suppose) with a Yule theme that will be short enough to accommodate the attention span of drunken revelers, so about three minutes.
Mellilot
Officer

Awarded:

I think it would be nice if there was some music along the route from Bree to the Homesteads. I can provide this, 'leapfrogging' as the procession has passed by. Further, if some minstrels/musicians would like to join in this, we could divide up the route, and instead of leapfrogging, join in at the end of the procession after it has passed. 4 or 5 players should be enough. If anyone is interested in this, they can volunteer hereunder, and I could schedule their positions when the final number is known .....

Pelind

Awarded:

Go ahead and write me down for OW =D
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Mellilot wrote:
I think it would be nice if there was some music along the route from Bree to the Homesteads. I can provide this, 'leapfrogging' as the procession has passed by. Further, if some minstrels/musicians would like to join in this, we could divide up the route, and instead of leapfrogging, join in at the end of the procession after it has passed.

This is a fantastic idea. Thank you for organizing it!

Awarded:

Here's the event post in the LOTRO forums --
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?583642-LANDROVAL-Parade-of-Lights-Music-Contests-Sat-Dec-12-at-5-7pm-EST-server

Is there anyone who could make a small (approx. 600x800) poster for this event?
A poster would be really useful for Twitter and Facebook advertising.

Thank you!

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:

Can I get confirmation as to the exact Remediators timeframe? Is it just that 6:20 to 6:30 or is it extended past that?

Officer

Awarded:

In the schedule you quoted, they begin playing at 5:25pm. They don't start music with lyrics until the last 10 minutes, so that they aren't trying to sing over costume contest announcements and voting. They will be playing for about an hour.

I'll admit I missed the first mention.

Kiralynn, I'll have a bunch of 4-7 minute tales/poems readies, so if any of the OW folk want to tell some as well as Hollyberye, I can jes work around however long theirs are.

After the update on Wed, I'll check with my in game time plugin to see if it predicts that window will be at night time in game or not. If it is, I will be requesting that anyone who has Friend standing with the Mathom House bring along their jar of fireflies for one story.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: