Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Parade of Lights -Saturday, December 12 - 5-7pm

This is the planning thread for the Parade of Lights on Saturday, December 12 from 5:00-7:00pm EST/servertime.

The event begins with welcoming music at the Prancing Pony stage.

Beginning at 5:00pm, we will ask everyone to take out their lanterns, sparklers, or any other item which generates light. Please bring extras to share if you have them.

We will gather in a Procession of Light, walking on foot to Bree's south gate. From there, we will mount up on our best Yule steeds for a slow, scenic ride to Windy Acres Ranch. We will hear some lovely music along the way.

Once we arrive at the ranch, we will enjoy music by "The Remediators". Kiralynn will take registrations for both fashion contests. Send her a /tell to sign up.

The first contest is a horse show to crown the "Snow Lord or Lady". Contestants will try to earn the audience votes by showing off their best white or snow-themed outfits and matching steeds. All horses, ponies, goats, and war steeds are allowed. First prize is 2,000 Turbine points, second prize is 1,000 TP and third prize is 500 TP. The top three contestants will also receive their choice of a prize code.

After naming our Snow Lords and Ladies, we will move indoors and continue our event.

The second contest is a "Spirit of Yule" fashion contest. The audience will vote on the best Yule-themed outfits. The standard Windy Acres contest rules apply (see below). First prize is 2,000 Turbine points, second prize is 1,000 TP and third prize is 500 TP. The top three contestants will also receive their choice of a prize code.

Next, we'll hear more music by "The Remediators", followed by a number of short Yule tales told by talented storytellers.

Finally, we will open the stage to anyone who wishes to perform a Yule song or short story.

Here is the schedule of events:
4:45pm -- At the Pony stage, Old Winyards plays music so people know where the mounted procession will begin.
5:00pm -- Light the lanterns. (Have people equip their sparklers and lanterns, hand out any extras.)
5:05pm -- Begin the ride to the ranch at a walk.
5:25pm -- Arrive at the ranch. Welcome everyone and The Remediators start holiday music. Take fashion contest registrations.
5:30pm -- Begin the "Snow Lord or Lady" mounted fashion contest in the front yard.
5:50pm -- Move indoors and begin the "Spirit of Yule" fashion contest.
6:20pm -- Songs with lyrics by The Remediators.
6:30pm -- Yule-themed stories (by Daffodilia and others with music by Old Winyards if requested)
7:00pm -- Open mic for anyone who wants to play music or tell Yule stories.

Please reply if you can --
* Donate lanterns, sparklers, or fireworks.
* Play with Old Winyards
* Tell a Yule-themed story
* Ride a Yule steed in the mounted procession from Bree-town to the ranch

Here is the link to our ad in the LOTRO forums: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?583642-LANDROVAL-Parade-of-Lights-Music-Contests-Sat-Dec-12-at-5-7pm-EST-server

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2016/03/08 11:49 am; edited 4 times in total

Awarded:

In Ultima Online every year we held a ceremony of the lights. It would start in one area and folks would walk to meet another group and light the lanterns the others were carrying. They would then all move on together to the next waiting group and light their lanterns. This would continue until the full group arrived in the Village of Aegis. Once there, they moved from house to house and lit the lantern of the person waiting there, Each lantern lit would then follow the crowd on. In time we would reach the tavern, The Knights Rest and a party filled with songs and story telling was held.

To me there was always a symbol in walking around and helping others chase away the darkness with the light of friendship. In the dark times enveloping middle earth this would seem to me to be needed.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I think this is a fantastic idea! Let's see if there are enough people interested to make it happen.

Awarded:

A parade/procession is a great idea, as is a lantern-lighting!

Tis also a great time for a play -- I wonder if we have any playwrites with material ready to go?

Storytelling and trivia are easy to add also, if someone has the material.

As much as I love the horse races, finding judges before the last-minute can be challenging.

Pulling together an LMB mega-band should be do-able, though we can also ask for other musicians to join in.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Nibun
Officer

Awarded:

We'd love to play with the Remediators. I'll get started on some wintry lyrics then :) And the lighting of candles is an amazing idea, I agree. Looking forward to this.

"Hvat er þat Khazâd er í mínum sal verpumk orði á? Fundthradiru uzbadul Gwyneth-dûm!" 

Characters: Nibun, Baudhaegas, Albodr

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Calling all writers! Would any of you like to tell a story or perform a short play during this event?

I would love it if we organizers could come up with matching uniforms to wear for the parade, that way people will be able to spot us in the procession. We could all carry lanterns and wear something winter-themed. We could also ride matching horses. Does that sound fun?

Also, would we like to put on a coordinated fireworks show at some point during a song?

Awarded:

Sounds fun! We should however think of ways to differentiate it from SoN's Symphony of Light. Stories and plays would be fun =D
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

That's true, we could skip the fireworks. I've posted in the LOTRO forums asking for people interested in telling a story or performing a play to contact me. So far, no volunteers.

Awarded:

December is a busy month and there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in this event. Perhaps it's best to give it a miss. Considering there are still TP codes to give out, is there a different event or date that might inspire more interest?

Awarded:

I planned for a last Saturday graduation and xmas concert for the Academy. But, I could gather a number of my Alumni and perform a Yule theme convert.

Awarded:

The Academy still had planned to perform during Winterfest as well.

Maybe a Yuletide Wonderland Fest? Taking part in the Winterfest area. Maybe events associated with the events there?

Music, snowball fight contests, etc?

Awarded:

Well Kira, you have music and a parade lined up already. Perhaps the stories or other ideas will show up as we get closer to the scheduled date?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Forte Maestro

Awarded:

I actually do have a stor of Winter I did up a few years ago I can tell.

Awarded:

Ah notice the time. I ont get off work till 730pm servertime.

Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Well Kira, you have music and a parade lined up already. Perhaps the stories or other ideas will show up as we get closer to the scheduled date?

I do have one band willing to play. So far, nobody has volunteered to help with a parade or tell a story. At the moment it's just a concert. Does anyone have the dates on the winter festival? Perhaps hosting in Bree-town or the winter area would help. I'm very flexible about this event and want to host something that people can really get into.

Page 1 of 5

Jump to: