Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

re: Solve-A-Mystery Roleplay Contest - Sat, Oct 24 at 4:00pm ST

Just a reminder as I found out last year - you will need extra for Lossoth to get to Kindred.

Forte Maestro

Awarded:

I'd be happy to help in the video.

Officer

Awarded:

I have started the official list of donated auction items: http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com//forums/viewtopic.php?p=38069064&gid=128176

I am posting this well in advance so that there isn't a last-minute scramble for items.

Thank you to everyone who has donated so far!

Awarded:

We need two bands to cover one-hour slots at this event.

One band would cover the auction and mystery game.

The other band will be the one that's "missing" during the mystery story, returning to play a one-hour after-mystery concert.

I'd like to offer these slots to LMB and LMB-affiliated bands before asking anyone else.

Is there anyone who is interested?

GDPR#3463094

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094

Last edited by GDPR#3463094 on 2015/08/13 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

It would seem appropriate to have an LMB-band to be the one that is missing -- dare I say it, particularly BBB. But since afternoon is not exactly 'BBB-time', perhaps we can just pull together a generic LMB mega-band of usual suspects?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Is there any word yet on Old Winyards and/or The Remediators playing at the event?

Is anyone free on Wednesday evening around 7:00pm EST/server for advertisement filming?
If so, just meet at the ranch wearing your best SCARY, INVESTIGATOR, and/or PARTY-GOER outfit(s).
(If you can, please bring more than one.)

GDPR#3463094

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Fantastic! I'd love to have the Remediators at this event.

We'll need the Remediators to play 15 minutes before the event starts in the ranch's front yard, so that people know that they have found the right address. After that, the event moves indoors. We could use general party music during the charity auction which starts the event. I am hoping for the auction to last 30-45 minutes, but it may stretch a bit longer. Next, we'll need a little light music during the next mystery event, to entertain those who return to the ranch before time runs out. We'll also need a handful of songs during the "big reveal" and the announcement of the winners.

After that, I'd like to have a half-hour costume contest and an hour-long concert by Old Winyards, the band that was missing will return to play!

Any party songs will do, but Halloween- and Masquerade-themed songs are most appropriate.

Pink Panther, Scooby Do, and other mystery-themed songs are especially appropriate during the start of the game (as we introduce the story to the participants) and at the end when we reveal the plot and announce the winners.

Byrcha, are you planning to put together the Old Winyards group? Is there anything I need to do to help? I'd love for Old Winyards to play at the end of the mystery event, through the costume contest and concert. That way, they're the revealed band that's part of the plot.

Here is the target schedule:
3:45pm-4:00pm -- Welcome music in the front yard.
4:00pm-4:30pm -- Charity auction.
4:30pm-5:30pm -- Mystery game.
5:30pm-6:00pm -- Costume contest.
6:00pm-7:00pm -- Concert.
* Actual times may vary but this is a fair estimate. Hopefully it will run a little shorter than this.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/09/07 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Shaping up fast. I will see what other prizes I can kill up before the auction.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Now that the Rivendell Run is in the history books, it's time to kick this into high gear! I have started writing the mystery story.

Who would like to be an actor this year? Please let me know if you are interested, even if you're not 100% sure of the date yet.

I would like to have 5 witnesses this year, plus 1-2 road wardens and one chief investigator.

Being a witness is an easy and fun job -- stand in one of the Halloween-themed houses near the ranch, roleplay with visitors, and hand out pre-designed clues when people ask the right questions.

The chief investigator introduces the story and reveals the solution at the end. They also answer OOC questions about how to play the game.

The road wardens wander the streets between the houses, helping people find each of the houses containing a witness.

Awarded:

I should be able to provide a witness, but it will presumably have to be a character other than Byrcha (who is a member of Old Winyards).

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Here is the story right now. I can make changes if you have some suggestions, but this seems like a fun puzzle.

The Old Winyards band went trick-or-treating before the Autumn Party. They had pipe-weed and drinks at each house. As they went, they became more and more intoxicated until they finally disappeared. At each house, they mentioned a different Inn or Tavern that they would be visiting before the party. There is only time to send a messenger to look for them at one location. They are probably at the last location they mentioned.

It is up to the investigators to interview the witnesses at each of the five houses they visited before they disappeared. The witnesses don't know which order the band toured the neighborhood. Using clues, they can figure out the order that the band visited the houses, which house they visited last, and deduce the band's location. The messenger can be sent to fetch them back to the Autumn Party before it's too late!

What do you think?

Awarded:

Sounds fun! At least they won't be stuffed in a barrel in the Midgewater Marsh by Yahr this time! tongue out

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Now we just need 7 volunteers to bring this puzzle to life.

Page 2 of 5

Jump to: