Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Ooops! Need Your Advice

Greetings! I need your advice on a topic.

I've been advertising that the previous Championship Cup winners are automatically invited to this year's cup. I have also said that someone who has already won an invitation shouldn't compete in a qualifier race, to give others a chance at winning a slot.

But... stupid me, I forgot to check names during the sign-ups for the Thorin's Cup race.

The winners of that race were Mellime, Tiora, and Lainest, with Breglas as an alternate.

Unfortunately, Mellime, Breglas, and Lainest were on the list of previous winners. *headsmack*

Nobody seems to have noticed.

So, do I...
A) Change the rule so that everyone has to earn a slot by winning top three in a qualifier race. This will give us potentially 12 racers if everyone shows up, with 4 alternates in case people don't.
B) Keep Tiora and give invitations to the 5th and 6th place winners of the April 4th qualifier race, assuming they're not on the list, too.
C) Keep the official winners of Thorin's Cup and just do it right from here forward.

The previous winners are: Alliman/Andeon/Eliwren (2012), Aalloria/Eliwren/Lifebringer (2013), and Mellime/Breglas/Lainiest.

I know that Alliman has retired from LOTRO. Eliwren appears twice. That leaves 7 racers from previous years, plus one invitation from Thorin's Cup.

I'm leaning toward Option C, personally.

Another good question is -- how many Banders who are previous winners plan to be at the Eriador Championship Cup? It would be cool if y'all would give me a shout out before the big day, thanks!

Awarded:

I'd vote A). Otherwise we could have a field of 7+12 = 19 for the finale? That's a lot, given the potential lag involved. Having folks earn it on the race course makes sense to me. This is a fundamentally different race series than previous years, due to the exclusive use of warsteeds.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aldekim
Officer

Perhaps top three from this year qualifying races plus top three from last year final race. If there is overlap, then a smaller number of racers in the finale would not really be a big problem. Worst case all qualifiers won by the same three, who were also top three in last year finale would be a three horse race in the finale this year.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Corulin
Corumael
Pretty Officer

Awarded:

I'm leaning towards C, though I don't know how practical it would be :)
It feels most right though, if that is what has been said? :)

Though I'm sure everyone would understand if the rules get changed if it's needed :)

Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
I'd vote A). Otherwise we could have a field of 7+12 = 19 for the finale? That's a lot, given the potential lag involved. Having folks earn it on the race course makes sense to me. This is a fundamentally different race series than previous years, due to the exclusive use of warsteeds.

Usually slightly more than half of winning riders show up, so if we have a possible field of 19, we'll probably have 10-11 on the big day.

I am not an "official" LMB-Member.. but i tend for B.

- Deascaith - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Belegaer)

- Palwyn - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Landroval)

- Paldoria

- Rotmund - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Sirannon )
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

I'm leaning towards C also.

If it helps, Eliwren is unlikely to race this year as I fully expect to be judging at the Cup instead of racing. ;)

Officer

Awarded:

It'll be a shame of Eliwren doesn't race. People love to try and beat one of the reigning champions. :)

Awarded:

She hasn't got a war steed anyway, unfortunately. Could sub in Kaerri if you want, but the name appeal wouldn't be the same would it?

Anyway, I don't want to leave you without enough judges. :D

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: