Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Wild Fundraising Ride - Fri, March 27 at 9pm

Greetings, Banders!

A couple of us have been playing with the idea of a "wild ride" to kill war bands, roving threats, and anything else that has the misfortune of crossing our paths. The purposes is to raise money for the Spring Racing Carnival, Weatherstock, and other future LMB events.

Byrcha has suggested 9:00pm EDT/servertime on Friday, March 27th.

We could tackle Wildermore, Gondor, and anywhere else that sounds fun.

Would any of you be interested?

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/03/13 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Maybe.
Calycanthus
NoCyg
Officer

Interested, but I can't commit. (Also, only level 81.)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

If we get enough people, level won't be an issue.
Foes will get cut down before they know what's upon them.

Awarded:

I plan on being there - Wild Hunts are tons of fun!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Caiyyd

Awarded:

Always up for a Hunt!
Bellcari

re: Count me in!

Beldwyl will love to join in!
Bellcari

re: Count me in!

Beldwyl will love to join in!
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

While spring is arriving in gentler lands, winter still holds sway in the wilds of Wildermore. Even worse, fell beasts roam the lands of Rohan and Gondor. Who will protect the Free Peoples from these terrible foes? Do you hear the horns blowing on the wind? Will you heed the call of the Wild Hunt?

We will gather this Friday March 27th at 9:00 pm at the Forlaw stables in Wildermore for some fun-raiding and some fundraising. This is a warsteed romp, so be ready to hunt on horseback. Also, the Wild Hunt wears black outfits and uses black tack on its warsteeds, if possible. All classes welcome; LMs, bring your war-wolves! Clear out plenty of bag space and turn on auto-quests beforehand. We will hunt the various warbands in Wildermore/Rohan and perhaps some Roving Threats in Gondor, as well as slaying any/all other evil-doers in our path (Orome would want it that way).

Fundraiser: LMB has several multi-day events coming up, including the five races of the Spring Racing Carnival in April as well as our marquee event Weatherstock. We could use donations of in-game gold to help with prizes, but why not make it fun? If you would like to donate your proceeds from this Wild Hunt to the LMB, please convert it to in-game gold and send/give it to LMB Treasurer Bratti (alt of Aldekim) afterwards. Important: You DO NOT have to donate your proceeds to LMB, nor do you have to donate all of it -- if you gather mats/items which you want to keep, or if you simply need the gold for yourself or your clan, please do keep it. If you want to donate, it helps to write down how much gold you have in your wallet before starting. Please only send gold, do not send items/mats! (Mats can be donated at the kinhouse for crafting purposes if you like.)

What do you need to do?

Show up at 9:00 pm at Forlaw, ready to romp!

Turn on automatic quests (and maybe clear some space in your quest log): Options right arrow User Interface right arrow Always Accept Automatic Quests.

Wear a black outfit and uses black tack on your warsteed, if possible.

Loremasters, bring your war-wolves!

Have plenty of bag space. We will stop occasionally for a break, but much of the time we will be on the hunt.

When you encounter a warband, please wait for the rest of the Hunt to arrive -- most warbands will go down very quickly if we have a large over-level group, so please wait for everyone to arrive so that all can get credit.

You can also join up with us later on, we expect to be hunting for a few hours at least. You can leave early too, just mention it in raid-chat so that we don't end up waiting for you.

Do you hear the horns blowing? I hope you can join us this Friday to answer the call!

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

*blows the horn!* I will likely be late (RL activities ongoing), but hope to catch up!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

That was fun! Did anyone get screenshots?

Awarded:

Unfortunately, I only took a couple of screenshots-- we forgot to stop to take a group shots so I didn't manage to get one with everyone -- Next time!

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Elimraen
Officer

Wow, lovely screenshots Lhinn! wow!

Officer

Awarded:

I was really impressed by the tack and outfits.

I love killing war bands and roving threats, especially since I hadn't killed any of those before.
I do wonder, though, for future fundraisers if it might be more profitable to gallop in one direction and kill everything in sight.

Jump to: