Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team 2015

Here are my current outfit/horse thoughts, subject to change once I figure out how many other outfits I need to slot in advance (e.g. barrel-hobbit, etc.). They're a bit unconventional (well, what do you expect: I'm a hobbit and a burglar). All are for light warpony.

1 Armor: Burglar-steed or Steed of Rhun. I gallop in circles around the baddies, no time to be weighted down with heavy armor!

2 Caparison: Red Guard. Yep, here's your fancy armor with a bit of blanket for accent!

3 Adventure: Rhun or Burglar (reverse of 1).

2 is least likely to change at this point. I'll see if I have something better for armor.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:

1 Armor: Burglar-steed or Steed of Rhun. I gallop in circles around the baddies, no time to be weighted down with heavy armor!
2 Caparison: Red Guard. Yep, here's your fancy armor with a bit of blanket for accent!
3 Adventure: Rhun or Burglar (reverse of 1).

My bad. I think if I showed you the event speech, it would make more sense.

During the Armor section, I talk about full coverage armor, the heavy pieces. This is a good time to bring out tack with metal plates, chain mail, or heavy leather. (Red Guard works well here.)

In the caparison section, it's about cloth armor and parade decorations. This is perfect for wearing show gear, cloth armor, and dressy stuff. (Red Guard works, but I think Rhun works much better.)

For the adventuring section, I talk about saddlebags, horses carrying gear, and saddle scabbards/quivers. This is a great time to break out the heavier saddles, gear/accessories, flags, and orc heads on pikes. (Burglar steed is perfect here, especially if you use the gear.)

Does that help? I'm sorry I'm not better at explaining things. :}

Awarded:

REMINDER: We have a dress rehearsal this Wednesday night at 9:00pm!

If you are on the team, even if you aren't riding, please try to make it.
Everyone is welcome to participate in the parade at the start and fireworks show at the end.
I'd like to make sure everyone knows what to do and what to expect, ahead of time.

Let's take some promotional screenshots in uniform. cool

Awarded:

I'm having trouble figuring out where to go to buy these. Is there a website with this information organized somehow? There isn't much as far as warsteed appearance packages in the LOTRO store.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Make sure you look at the ones you already have acquired first. ctrl-W I think is the default for seeing/using your warsteed cosmetic pieces. Many of them are landscape drops from Rohan or from Festivals (so they might still be in a gift box in your storage).

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Okay, just checked my vault/shared storage and my house storage and so far the ones I have are Wedmath, Red Guard, Reveller's Gilded, Trellis Weave and Wintry Yule.

Available at the LOTRO store right now is Bone Set, Heavy Set of the Entwash, Heavy Set of Norcrofts, Heavy Set of the Sutcrofts and Heavy Set of the Wold. All of those I believe are also available from questing. Would any of those work for the armor set?

I only just got my Warsteed recently and I haven't done any questing/battling with it because I'm in the Wailing Hills right now so I guess I'm not yet in the territory where it starts giving the warsteed cosmetics. I'm planning on getting the Anniversary Festival caparisons but they won't help much since most of what I already have are the decorative/blanket type. I really need to find an armor set and an adventurer set.

If I knew where I could get an adventurer set or armor set by questing or something I would try but I just don't know where to start?

For #2 I guess I'll use Trellis Weave....other than that I'm not sure what to do....
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Tulenn wrote:
Okay, just checked my vault/shared storage and my house storage and so far the ones I have are Wedmath, Red Guard, Reveller's Gilded, Trellis Weave and Wintry Yule.

You could use Red Guard for Armor category and Trellis Weave for Caparison.

There should be more steeds in the store right now than the ones you mentioned. Usually there are a couple of class steeds as well, plus some of the regional ones. You might search for "burglar steed" or other specific names of the ones you might be interested in. Most store exclusive steeds (such as the class steeds) come with a matching war steed cosmetic set.

The Minas Ithil, Steed of Night, Bright Days, and Painted steeds in the store don't come with war steed tack.

You can buy war steed gear (accessories) separately in the store. These are different from the accessories that come with some tack sets. You can also buy equipment and steed dye sets and special tails. Check this out: http://steelandmagic.com/?page_id=3554 (The prices may be out of date, sorry!)

The Heavy Sets of the Entwash, Norcrofts, and Sutcrofts are a little different from the ones you get questing. They are mostly the same, so I personally wouldn't waste Turbine Points on these. The quest versions of these sets are not as armored as your Red Guard steed.

If you want to buy a steed + tack set from the store, my suggestion would be to go to this web page and preview the set (or find a Bander online who has it to show you): http://www.danania.net/p/store-steeds.html
Remember -- the steeds at the top don't have war steed tack sets, only the ones starting with Hunter and lower.

If you want to buy a set that has good Western style tack, go for Steed of the Guardian. It has a fantastic saddle, blanket, and gear. The second most useful saddle and blanket set is found on the Steed of the Burglar.

For a fancy but versatile caparison, you might try Steeds of the Captain, Rhun (very historical), or Khundolar (also historical). Warden and Minstrel steeds have great caparisons but they can be VERY hard to color coordinate.

The most fancy saddles come with the Withywindle, Obsidian, Nightwood, and Thorin's steeds -- but you might not like the rest of the set.

I hope that helps!

Awarded:

Ah, okay..... I didn't realize some of the steeds came with a cosmetic set. I was wondering why I wasn't seeing more!

Off to do some shopping!
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Okay, so I'm going with

Armor: Khundolar
Caparison: Trellis Weave
Adventurer: Thorin's Hall

Now, my horse knows what it's wearing....I just need to figure out what I'm wearing!
Calycanthus
NoCyg
Officer

I am intending to use:

Armor: Red Guard Elite or Rohirrim Elite (same barding, different colors--I lean slightly more towards Rohirrim, but can go either way, if someone else has a preference for one or the other)
Caparison: Caparison of the Autumn Sun
Adventuring: Michel Delving
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Those are going to look fantastic!

Awarded:

Did anyone else just get bounced from the server, and now have trouble logging back in -- or is it just me?

Apparently it is a Landroval-specific thing since I was able to log in on another server, but Landroval is still unhappy.

Bavelbella
Bavelbella

I use
1.Red guard
2.Midsummer
3.Woodland realm
Lilikate

Hi Kira, Finalizing the play order for the riding team segment.

Please confirm within that 30 minute slot what you would like played when.

I have the Schubert Symphony as the first piece to be played after your introduction and on cue from yourself.

Then I have some fun pop music for the rest of that segment.

For the Fashion Parade I was going to continue the Pop/Fun theme unless you would like something else slotted in there.

Having a variety of music to choose from so it's just a case of slotting puzzle pieces for me.

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Did anyone else just get bounced from the server, and now have trouble logging back in -- or is it just me?

We had the practice and everyone was able to log in. Caly covered for you. We saw you bouncing on and off. Are you able to log in now?

Lilikate --
Here is how we've set up the show.
* 8 minutes for a fashion parade comes first. We'll show three sets of steeds while I talk about horse equipment and other horse trivia. Pop/Fun music goes here.
* 10 minutes for the formation riding routine. This is where we need the 7+ minute Schubert music.
* 7 minutes for a coordinated fireworks show. This is the perfect place for pop/dance music.

I'll be on the Backstage channel to help coordinate.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Page 5 of 9

Jump to: