Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team 2015

So, this is Hobnanigans weekend ... which means we won't be able to practice at the Hobnanigans field. Any other ideas?

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Considering the early hour, how few people play Hobnanigans, and how most of them avoid the buggy field #2, I imagine we'll be able to practice there without any difficulties. ;)

Awarded:

Oh, I see how it is ... get the rest of us to show up whilest you sleep in or eat some more pie! wink We did have a nice practice though, until someone started a Hobnanigans game and booted us at the very end.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'm super sorry. I can post from a phone but not play. I managed to get a little access this morning but nothing stable. I'll do my best to get it all resolved before next Saturday. I can try for tomorrow morning if anyone is available.

Awarded:

I'm sorry I won't be available tomorrow morning as I have a Youth Leader meeting in real life. But today's practice was fun! Getting booted and replaced with haystacks was even a bit thrilling ;)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'm online and ready to go. See you at the practice field!

Hmm... Weren't we supposed to be working on planning how to fill the rest of our half hour? The only thing I know of would be the fireworks show, but that won't take the whole time, I don't think. (Also, I have fireworks. And they will also be available--even the rare ones--at the time because of the festival.)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Yes, indeed!

In past shows, we have had:
* A fireworks show.
* A parade of fancy steeds and outfits while I talked about the history of war steeds, tack and training.
* A horse show for the audience to participate in.
* Music by a band.

We could easily come up with 6 or 8 people for a fireworks show.

If you want to show off tack and outfits, I'm happy to give a speech about horsey stuff. Can anyone suggest topics? I already talked about the original purpose of dressage, and the evolution of tack that allowed for mounted combat. Perhaps I should cover something new?

There is a horse show later in the same day, so it would probably be best not to add another.

The band is awesome! We're going to hear some amazing music!

What else could we do?

Also, we need a happy, upbeat, dare I say "Spring" theme for music, about 8 minutes worth. Do you have any suggestions? I'm thinking "Happy" and "All Star" and maybe "Everything Is Awesome".

Awarded:

To all members -- those riding and those helping out:
Please bring your high-altitude fireworks (IE: anniversary, summer fest).
Also bring your low-altitude fireworks (IE: Red, Yellow, White, Rainbow).
I can help supply some of the low-altitude fireworks; if you want to launch White or Rainbow, BYOF. :)

Toward the end of the 2pm-3pm picnic, we should launch some high altitude fireworks at the Hobnanigans Field, and send someone to advertise in Regional channels that the team is about to perform.

We'll also need the fireworks if we do a coordinated launch at the end of the show.

Of the high altitude fireworks, I think I only have anniversary. Unless the racial fireworks are high-altitude?

I can also help supply standard-color low-altitude fireworks, if needed. And I have some white and rainbow, of which I would be willing to share a few if we're using them as part of the coordinated show.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

NoCyg wrote:
Of the high altitude fireworks, I think I only have anniversary. Unless the racial fireworks are high-altitude?
I can also help supply standard-color low-altitude fireworks, if needed. And I have some white and rainbow, of which I would be willing to share a few if we're using them as part of the coordinated show.

I don't know about the racial fireworks. Good question! I'll have to try them out and see.
Please do bring the White and Rainbow fireworks. I do have a couple of routines that use them. I'm going to work on obtaining some of those as well.

Lilikate tells me that she'll have some music selections for us soon, perhaps even on Monday.
These will be adjusted for the new system. With Lilikate working on them, I'm sure they'll be most excellent!

Awarded:

I'm still waiting on feedback for what we'll do in the second half of the show and what sort of music you prefer.

Awarded:

Okay, the first third of the show will be showing off steeds/outfits and talking about...

Part 1) Armor and barding. Please bring a horse with some kind of barding and an armored outfit suitable for mounted combat. Use a war steed if possible. Examples are Khundolar, Dagorlad, Victory, Dol Baran, Iron Hills, Esgaroth, Westfold, Kingstead, Hammerhand, or Citadel; Angmar's Free People, Warden, Champion, Captain, Eastemnet, Red Guard, or First Marshal in a pinch.

Part 2) Caparisons. Please use a horse with a full-sized, fancy caparison. Examples are Odogil, Lissuin, Plenty, Wintertide, Bat, or Midsummer; Minstrel, Noble grey, Revellers gilded, Minas Ithil, Wintry Yule, Anniversary, Winged herald, Isengard, or Lore-master could do in a pinch.

Part 3) Adventuring. Please use a horse with gear for adventuring, such as books, instruments, and weapons. Examples are Hunter, Rune-keeper, Burglar, Lore-master, Guardian, Thorin's Hall, or Snow-beast. Prized inn league horse, Treasure laden horse, Citadel, Withywindle, or Michel Delving could do in a pinch.

You can wear a different outfit with each steed (preferred) or the same outfit.

If possible, please post which one you're going to use here, so others can try to pick a different one.
The more variety we have, the better! :)

If there's anything you want me to say about any of these categories, please post it here right away.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/04/21 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

I hope that in the third part, someone has a steed with the orc head pike on the back. Maybe two or three orc heads. Those things are eye-catching! :)

I would love to video tape the routine, if y'all are interested, sometime after the SRC but before we get out of practice.

Awarded:

Y'all are gonna rock the house!

Page 4 of 9

Jump to: