Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team 2015

10-12 is good for me.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Tomorrow is our first meeting!

The agenda is:
* Choose a theme for the performance.
* Pick out the steed we're going to use.
* Decide on a costume/uniform.
* Select the small or large Hobnanigan's field.
* Decide if we're going to use the Journeyman Riding trait.

Let's meet at Wardrobe Street (Rusham, Shire), because we can use a map to get to the Hobs field easily after that.
Please bring your ideas.

Awarded:

Oh dear, I was thinking this practice started at 11:00. It seems I am late! In any case, we've had a recent schedule change that I was reminded of yesterday. Starting next week, I'll be unavailable most Saturday mornings due to having to operate the mom/grandmom taxi service. I can still shoot fireworks at the actual show, etc and perhaps work as an understudy, if needed.

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

We have voted to select the Summerfest steed! Fortunately, we all have this fine horse.

Several members are interested in the pair of fine Easterling steeds.
To acquire these, you must be Kindred with Heroes of Limlight Gorge.
You must also have 20 Golden Tokens of the Anduin (each).
As we find free time, let's help our teammates with Limlight reputation quests and task items.

We selected the top for our uniforms - Enduring Short-sleeved Shirt of Fate (AKA: Medicham)
Hopefully everyone has had a chance to copy it into wardrobe.

I have uploaded two more copies of the routine with different formats:
CLICK HERE for the PDF: http://roll3d6.com/banders/dressage/routine-5.pdf
CLICK HERE for the DOCX: http://roll3d6.com/banders/dressage/routine-5.docx

FOR NEXT WEEK:
* Print the routine and have it handy. We're going to learn how to read the maneuver diagrams.
* Wear the uniform top. Put together an outfit to go with it. (If you have several cosmetic slots, feel free to put together several potential outfits in different colors.) We'll vote on which accessories to use.

Awarded:

Many apologies, life happened and I haven't been on the forums in...two weeks? Maybe longer? Bad Kaerri, I'll work on it. However, I think I need to step back from this - I wish I could take part, but on consideration I'm on the verge of overcommitting to too many things. Best of luck to everyone, and maybe I'll be able to join in further down the road.

Awarded:

I will have to bow out as I do not have that steed.
Can't wait to see the performance!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Caiyyd wrote:
I will have to bow out as I do not have that steed.
Can't wait to see the performance!

You can have it before the performance day.

As I mentioned last week, I am almost certainly not going to be able to attend this week. Below are the two costume ideas I put together. If there's any interest, I can supply a list of the items (don't have the time to do so now). More views of each outfit are available here, including shots of what they look like on the horse: https://www.flickr.com/photos/126830606@N03/sets/72157650794875755/

Forum Image

Forum Image
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Nice outfits, thank you for the pictures!

Today's the day -- don't forget to print out your routine diagrams.

Awarded:

Today went very well!

Our official uniform is now:
* Enduring Short-Sleeved Shirt of Fate (White)
* Isbur-Socas (Forest Green)
* Glossy Leather Boots (White)
* Fingerless Gloves (Dark Green)

Please copy these into wardrobe when you can. I'll bring these pieces next week if possible for copying, pre-dyed.

The letter assignments for the routine will be:
A) Craicwyth
B) Tulenn
C) Bavelbella
D) Byrcha

We can make further assignments as people attend. If you have suggestions for changes, please let me know.

Next week's assignment: Wear your uniform, bring your routine diagrams.

Just a reminder that I won't be at this week's practice.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

We have only 9 practice Saturdays before the show. As long as we get started on time and stay focused, this should be enough to learn the routine. The hope is to work out any kinks in the routine, memorize it, and repeat it until it is second nature. That way, everyone can perform the routine easily on the big day, despite any distractions or jitters.

If you feel that you need extra practices, don't be shy... just ask. I'm happy to start earlier on Saturdays, find a free hour on a Sunday morning, or whatever it takes so that you all feel comfortable with the routine.

The show will go something like this:
* I announce the start of the show and welcome the audience.
* I introduce the band. They start setting up.
* I talk a bit about equestrian sports and quadrille dressage. Meanwhile, the team walks around the field counter-clockwise on their favorite war steeds.
* The team goes "backstage" and gets ready to perform. The band waits for their queue to start the music.
* The team performs the routine.
* The fireworks launchers start launching. The team members are called out one at a time and introduced to the audience.
* After the second round of applause, the fireworks stop, everyone goes "back stage" and the show ends.

If you have any suggestions for the pre-performance speech, please let me know.

Feel free to come up with war steed tack and matching outfits to wear. You can show off multiple steeds and outfits if you like. Just don't wear your team uniform during this part of the show.

Backstage will be the east end of Hobnanigans field #2. That way, going west will be going up on the maneuver diagrams. I hope that will be more intuitive.

After the performance, when I call you out for applause from the audience, line up in front of the audience. The first two people I call out will stand to my right, so ride past me. The second two people will stand to my left.

We'll be using voice chat to coordinate. You don't need to be able to talk, but you'll need to hear me when I do.

After the show is over, I'll be starting the horse show (mounted fashion contest). You are welcome to compete in this.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/02/21 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

That was a great practice. You all learn very fast!
If anyone doesn't have the uniform copied, contact me in-game and I'll help you get it into your wardrobe.

For next week: We worked on the first 8 maneuvers in the routine. Let's see if we can work out 12 for next week, since we don't have to work on uniforms. Please take notes as we go.

If you have ideas for good ABC music, please post them.
If we have free time, we can work on gathering fireworks.

Awarded:

Just an FYI for those who love the ribbon-laced leggings for outfits and uniforms.
The Ceremonial Silver-voice Leggings is on sale in the store right now for 236 TP.

Awarded:

You can also purchase those leggings at the skirmish camp!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: