Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team 2015

Byrcha is quite correct. We'll teach you how to read the routine diagram, then we will practice each maneuver on the diagram. We learn one maneuver at a time. Breaking down the routine this way makes it simple to learn. Simply print your diagram and have it handy for practice. Once you see a maneuver demonstrated, the diagram will make perfect sense.

Here's the SRC 2015 routine, first draft. Hopefully it's long enough to be interesting and short enough to learn before the big day. Please feel free to comment.

Here are some notes about the routine. If they don't make sense right now, don't worry.
* I have greatly reduced the number of transitions.
* This year's diagrams are hand-drawn. The markings for the wall posts are accurate for Field #2.
* You may need to resize the images to print them, but they should be 8 1/2 x 11".
* The diagram shows the ending position of the riders for each maneuver.
* The starting position of the riders in a maneuver is the same as the ending position in the previous one.
* Rider A is usually the one from which positioning is determined. When possible, line up according to rider A.

CLICK HERE for Page 1: http://roll3d6.com/banders/dressage/routine-5-1.jpg

CLICK HERE for Page 2: http://roll3d6.com/banders/dressage/routine-5-2.jpg

Comments:
* The Quad Bend will be the only strafing maneuver. ("Strafing" is moving diagonally by holding down two movement keys at the same time.)
* In Double Ring, your final position is the same as your starting position.
* In a "standard pass", riders pass in American driving style, with the other rider on your left.
* In Transition To Corners, riders C and D do a standard pass.
* In Criss-cross, riders do a standard pass.
* In L-Corner, riders go two lengths of the field (one long, one short), making an "L". Riders end up in the opposite corner from where they started. We may make this a gallop maneuver later.
* In Pairs To Center, after the riders meet in the middle, the riders turn toward the long end of the field (on field #2, I believe this is east and west).
* The Clover Pass will be the most challenging maneuver. The riders don't make a standard pass.
* The zig-zag lines in Facing Side Move mean that the horses will be moving completely sideways, facing each other as they go. This is not a strafe or standard walk.
* In Bow To Audience, rider A does a /mountbow first, followed by B, C, and D. Rider A should start bowing just before rider C has caught up in the line.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/02/02 10:49 am; edited 3 times in total

Awarded:

Here are my favorite horses.

Steed of the Jester (with bonus jingle!)
Forum Image

Reveller's Gilded Horse (Anniversary)
Forum Image

Prized Easterling Horse (Limlight)
Forum Image

Steed of Minas Ithil (store)
Forum Image

Lissuin from 2013 Spring Festival
Forum Image

We have already performed on the Mathom steed. Did we also use the Dark Chestnut and Rivendell?
The Prized Algriag steed also have a very distinctive look that would suggest a theme.

Which horses do you like best?

I have journeyman skill but not any of those steeds.
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

We have used the Rivendell steed, and also the Angmar and Lissuin steeds (I think). I've been wanting an excuse to get the Minas Ithil steed, but don't have it yet.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Caiyyd

Awarded:

I have zoo docent training every Saturday morning in February and half of March. I can study as a backup if you want.
Caiyyd

Awarded:

I usually get home around 4 CST so late afternoon/evening works fine.
Calycanthus
NoCyg
Officer

I have Journeyman riding.

I have at least some of those steeds, but I'd need to get in-game to check, which I can't do right now.
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Saturdays should work out Okay for me - either the early or later time. I have the Journeyman riding skill (+78%).
All of those steeds are lovely! I really like the Easterling and Mini Ithril. I have the Easterling and would be happy to help others get rep for it in Limlight. I'm also Okay with buying the other, if we decide to use it. I'll also suggest the Prized Galadhrim steed (it's similiar to the Easterling).

I'm excited to see how this performance works/looks on a smaller field! If we've more than enough riders, I can always understudy or shoot off fireworks :)

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Caiyyd

Awarded:

A few more mounts to consider:

Forum Image
Eriador Steed

Forum Image
Steed of Rhun

Forum Image
Prize Eglain-horse

Forum Image
Prize Dunlending
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Oh, I do love Eriador and have that as well. If anyone isn't close to being Kindred with all early game factions, that might be out of reach. Eriador steed requires Kindred status with Algraig, Bree, Shire, Thorin's, Rivendell, Eglain, Rangers, Wardens, Council of the North, Lossoth, and Grey Company.

Normally I'd be more optimistic, but the recent charity auction drained 99% of our reputation items. The coffers are bare.

Kaerri, Lhinnthel, Tulenn, Bavelbella, and Byrcha - What time is best for you on Saturday?
10am until Noon is the best window for me, but I can meet earlier and earlier is better.

10 to 12 is good for me and earlier. I have the eglain horse not eriador. Have to check how close i'm to get it but probably not very near.
Caiyyd

Awarded:

I am happy to help folks try to get rep items. I know the Lossoth are easy to get to kindred in just a few hours of wanton slaughter!
Bavelbella
Bavelbella

I'm now kindred all eriador but grey company and algraig. And got all the rep mounts from others.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

We can take a look at a number of horses at our first meeting and pick one.
If we're able to quickly pick a horse in the first meeting, we also might be able to head to Wardrobe Street to pick out a uniform.

We can also decide if we want to try to get Journeyman Riding for everyone, as that would make our horses walk at a brisk pace. We can do some testing on Fields #1 and #2 to see if that's a good thing or too fast. Things will already go faster if we use the smaller second field.

If we pick out a field, steed, and uniform during the first meeting, it will be a huge success!

We can schedule rep-runs during non-practice hours to get people the TP/rep items/gold they need to unlock the proper horse.

Is there anyone who cannot meet at 10:00am (EST/server) on Saturdays?

10AM is somewhat early for my schedule, but if that time works for everyone else, I'll probably just bow out, as I was only going to be an understudy.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: