Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team 2015

This thread is for finding out who is interested in joining a formation riding team and what days/times you are available for practice.

For those who are unfamiliar with formation riding, it is an equestrian sport similar to "quadrille dressage". Four or more riders perform a routine to music. During the routine, they guide their horses on the field, forming interesting shapes and maneuvers. The routines are easy to learn, once you get the hang of it. It's challenging yet fun.

Team members need to show up for practice once a week, on Saturdays at 10:00am EST/servertime at Hobnanigans Field #2.
It's very important to be available, since like any sport, the team cannot perform if someone is missing.

Here's a video of the team performing during Mardi Gras celebrations in 2014. It was actually better live -- my video skills aren't the best, sorry. :)

Here is a longer article with more information: http://steelandmagic.com/?page_id=1806

Here is our 2015 SRC routine:

CLICK HERE for Page 1: http://roll3d6.com/banders/dressage/routine-5-1.jpg
CLICK HERE for Page 2: http://roll3d6.com/banders/dressage/routine-5-2.jpg
CLICK HERE for the PDF: http://roll3d6.com/banders/dressage/routine-5.pdf
CLICK HERE for the DOCX: http://roll3d6.com/banders/dressage/routine-5.docx

Our official uniform is:
* Enduring Short-Sleeved Shirt of Fate (White)
* Strong Eastemnet Skirmish Leggings (Forest Green)
* Glossy Leather Boots (White)
* Fingerless Gloves (Dark Green)

The roster as of Sunday, February 1:
* Bavelbella
* Byrcha
* Caiyyd (understudy)
* Craicwyth
* Kaerri (understudy)
* Lhinnthel (understudy)
* Tulenn
* Calycanthus (understudy)

The letter assignments for the routine will be:
A) Craicwyth
B) Tulenn
C) Bavelbella
D) Byrcha

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/02/21 5:43 pm; edited 6 times in total

Awarded:

Hooray for the return of Riding Team! Hint: it isn't as hard as it might seem at first, it's a lot of fun just to hang out together, and Kira gives us pies at every practice! wink

I am available most weeknights, except for Mondays, and can plan to be available whichever weekend we plan a performance. I'd lean towards using standard steeds (more characters can obtain them, and they're easier to maneuver), but can also use a warsteed if needed. I can help with some rep items depending on if we choose to use kindred steeds.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

I'm interested, but I'm generally only available on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Other weeknights, I only have about an hour (8-9 pm, servertime) to game in. Saturdays and Mondays are best for me, in general. I am likewise available for weekend shows. I don't have a mount preference.

Officer

Awarded:

Lhinnthel, Lifebringer, and Lindenel... will you be returning this year? We could certainly use the assistance of our veteran riders.

Craicwyth, would you be terribly disappointed if I came up with the routine this time? It won't be as awesomely amazing as your last routine, but I'd still love to have a turn at choreography. I hope you'll be willing to ride, as you're one of the best riders we've got.

Awarded:

I am thrilled to hear that formation riding is coming back! Lhinnthel is certainly interested in participating. I am available most evenings - except Monday as that is Ales & Tales night :) I am also available most Saturdays/Sundays barring TSO24 practice/performance days. Also, I'm happy to help collect rep for those who may need it, if we use a reputation mount. Really looking forward to riding practice again!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

I am interested in giving this a try. I am not available on Tuesday nights or Saturday nights until after 9:00pm. Other than that I'm pretty open.

I do not have a war steed yet but I'm hoping to soon!

Tulenn
Caiyyd

Awarded:

I would like to ride if you'll let me!

Most weekend evenings are good from 7-9 CST and I am usually free on weekends late afternoon/evenings except for the second Sunday of every month.

Last edited by Caiyyd on 2015/01/29 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calycanthus
NoCyg
Officer

While I am quite interested in participating, I may be moving halfway across the country in March or April (if all goes well!), so I'm a little hesitant to commit. If I am moving, I expect I would be settled by the end of April, but my schedule would likely be in quite a bit of flux around the move, which might make it difficult for me to make practices. Currently, Mon-Thurs 9:15-10:15 PM servertime, Friday or Saturday evenings, or Sunday afternoons and evenings fit my schedule best, but I could make 8 or later weekday evenings or Saturday afternoons work as needed.
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Saturdays at 11:00am are usually good for me. Do you already know the date of the performance?
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

If the schedule doesn't change, Saturday, April 25th probably around 2:00pm.

I don't want to add the performance to the schedule until I know we have at least 4 dedicated riders, who can make enough practices and also the show. Also, I don't want to schedule it at a bad time for the riders.

Hi, Kira! I can't do it this year, sadly. I'll be on the other side of the world for most of the year, with a major time difference and unpredictable work schedule. I've started school again too, so I don't have a lot of free time any more.

Best of luck though, can't wait to see the next video!

Officer

Awarded:

Wednesday or Tuesday from 8-9 pm would be easiest for me, but I can do a Saturday meet at 11am if that's better for folks.

I have a routine worked out and hope to post it soon, Monday at the latest, for your review.

I would like to try this. Everyday is fine for me but not very late in the evening. Something like 7 am to 4 pm is good. Bavelbella has warsteed and some other mounts.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Okay, let's try having our practices at 11:00am on Saturdays, as that isn't far from our actual performance time.
(Perhaps people who can be free for Saturday morning practices are most likely to be able to make the show.)
Once we get a solid team together, I'll make some adjustments to the SRC schedule to include the performance.

Here is what we need to do now:
* Think of a basic theme. This will help us pick costumes and music.
* Look at our standard steeds to see which one we want to ride.

Once we pick the steed, we'll make sure everyone has the necessary money and reputation to purchase it.

I would also like to know if any of you have Apprentice or Journeyman Riding traits.
It would be wonderful to use these to move faster on our standard steeds at the walk pace.
Personally, I believe that I have Apprentice, which will allow any of my standard steeds to move at +68%.
I'm willing to buy the Journeyman (+78%) upgrade if everyone else will have it.

Here's our team at the moment. Please let me know if I need to make any corrections --
Bavelbella, Byrcha, Caiyyd, Kaerri, Lhinnthel, and Tulenn with Calycanthus as an understudy (due to scheduling issues).

I will post the routine later today as both JPG and PDF files. At the moment, it's for four riders, which is the minimum.
If all six volunteers decide to stick with the team, I can make one for 6 riders.

I cannot stress this enough -- This is a team sport. If you do decide to stay on the team, it is very important to make practices and the show. If even one person is missing, the team has difficulty practicing. If one person doesn't make it to the show, no one can perform. Feel free to try out the riding team, but if you decide it's not for you, please let us know right away so that we can try to make adjustments. If you want to be on the team but simply aren't comfortable riding, we can still use your help launching fireworks.

Awarded:

I do not have the Apprentice or Journeyman skills, but can get them if needed. Byrcha has most every rep horse and my primary alts can get anything up to Enedwaith as needed.

Regarding the team nature of this activity, to those who haven't done this before I'd suggest giving it a few tries at practice before deciding. You'll see that we practice the routine in sections, building one upon the other. You won't be expected to remember the entire routine until closer to show time.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: