Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Aldekim
Officer

re: Sad Yule beginning

It seems the Grinch is out and about. Stopping by the Harp and Dragon to see if there was any space for more recipes, I found the chest empty. 90 recipes gone. I shall begin refilling and hopefully there will not be a repeat offense

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

sad Bad grinch!!

Sorry to hear that!! Sheesh, I wouldn't think recipes would be high on the list of items one would steal in order to get rich. Spite perhaps?

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Okay, that stinks. Time to start to work replacing them.
Aldekim
Officer

I was able to replace about 60, but mainly very high tier recipes. If it happens again it may be time to restrict access. We'll see.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

*Sigh* Yes, if it happens again we can figure out how to restrict it.

update: Thankfully, the Kinhouse and the Brewery are both full of the usual items, so it isn't a wider issue hopefully.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Serbryt
Ascetic

Ouch - time to ask Turbine about adding the same thing they have with Everquest 2, where you can see a log of deposits and withdrawals from chests. Sad that things require it though.

Serbryt/Icaria/Bladebryt/Randgrior
Hollyberye

Awarded:

Aldekim, if you will remind me which crafts this covers, I will look on my alts for unopened stacks of lower tier recipes and try to fill in the gaps. Sometimes, when grinding rep or deeds, I send the stacks unopened to an alt to store until I can sort them out (then I don't...). They drop plentifully so I am quite astounded someone would take them all.

Holly
Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

I wouldn't wait to restrict access.
Lilikate

Do tell us which tiers you seek to replenish stacks. I have an alt holder for each craft also.

I'll send along any recipes I find too, once I know which crafts to look for. Sorry, that is sad.

Awarded:

I just looked on our crafting files and found that Harp & Dragon stores Jeweler and Cook recipes!

Not sure what I have, but will look during the course of the day on my alts.

Holly

P.S. Don't worry, that person will wake up one morning soon to find lumps of coal in all their bag slots wink...
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I imagine it was set to Everyone access, rather than LMB only, since it's a kinhouse for an alt kin?

If so, it might be good to turn on security for awhile, so that the thief decides the easy mark is gone. sad

The Harp & Dragon holds cook, jeweler, and woodworker recipes. And yes it is set to everyone access.

Cennwyn
Cennwyn

Awarded:

Soon as I saw this I checked the Scholar recipe storage; thankfully that was not cleaned out. I will see about grinding some lower level recipes to donate soon.

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Danniwyn

I hate to be mis-trustful, but I wonder if we would be wise to close the stable doors before more horses are stolen? The thief may learn of other open-access treasure chests and clean us out of our more valuable items. The recipes lost from the Harp And Dragon chests may have been an innocent mistake, but I would hate to loose more if we were indeed the "victims" of malicious intent.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Archives - Old News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: