Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Theater Night - Dec 14 at 4:30pm -- Sign Up To Be In A Play!

Let's schedule this for Sunday, December 14 from 4:30pm to 5:30pm.

Forum Image

Now we just need one hour of music -- Music while people arrive, music for each play, and music for a short intermission between them.

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Lilikate, I have PMed you the links to the plays. Would you be willing to organize our band?

Is there anyone willing to be my Stage Manager, to work with me on set dressing and help organize the crew to do scene changes?

I'd be willing to help out as a Stage Manager or a stage hand, whatever you think is best! Any of the times/dates you listed work for me.

-Cressley
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

If anyone has a particular role they'd like to play, please do ask for it now.
I don't want anyone to be terribly disappointed because they had their heart set on a role and I asked them to be a stage hand, instead. ;)

Ii should be able to assist with this wherever needed. I have toons of all races.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Lilikate

I am all in for the hour's worth of music. I'll search and stash some midi for after the Update.

Awarded:

If anyone would like to make a better poster for this event, you will be most welcome.
I'm pretty much at the limits of my creativity making some text over the Winter festival stage curtains. :)

Also, if anyone has wall or festive yard items from Hobnanigans, I'd love to borrow them for the show. The bunting seems very appropriate to decorating the ranch like a theater.

I would like to be an actor. I don't really care which role.
Lilikate

Update- I have grabbed as much Phantom midi as I can find... Time to work on the song list.

Awarded:

It would be fun to be an actor, but I only have male elves lol I'm not sure I have the skill to do it though. Will the lines the actors say be pre-written or do we have to write them ourselves?

If I don't fit as an actor I'd love to be a musician :D

I can't be a stage-hand though lol It would be too hard for me to switch furniture in a timely fashion... and correctly! XD

Officer

Awarded:

Heartfelt congrats to Kira and the kin in putting together / pulling off such an outstanding Fellowship Walk Auction and Solve-A-Mystery event!

Must've missed posting to this event - it sure sounds like great fun! Kiralynn - I'm really in awe of your creativity and ability to organise such first-rate events. If any more hands are needed, I'll love to try out acting (though fair warning - I've never done it before). Have only female characters, all races.

Alternatively, will also be happy to help out with music (but not band-leading due to it being rather early in my day), or stage-management - up to whatever is required :)

(will also need to leave by 6.30 but since you projected an end time of 5.30, shouldn't be a problem?)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'll start planning this out soon. I need a little rest after yesterday's double-event.

I'm going to clear out the kin-house chest, so that we can store all the furniture in there necessary for scene changes.
That way, the stage hands will just need a list of what goes where for which scene.
They can fish their items out of the chest just before the show, then make fast transitions when necessary.

We'll also need to schedule a test date at some point, so that we can time how long each scene takes and give that info to the band leader.

Awarded:

We're going to have a short costume contest between the plays and the concert --
Win 1,000 Turbine Points in these categories -- Best Winter Outfit or Best Dressed Couple
The audience votes for the winners.

Awarded:

Calling all actors!

With the solve-a-mystery contest behind us, it's time to start assigning roles for Theater Night.

If you have volunteered to help with this event, please reply with a list of roles you would like.
Please give me your top three choices, from the most to leave favorite.

Here are the available roles:

First play --
* CHANCE - An apparition of Fate, male elf preferred. Very interesting clothing, be creative.
* KING - Male human. Regal clothing.
* TIDY - Female human. Two outfits - Respectable clean clothing, and similar but very dirty clothing.
* HARLOT - Female human. Two outfits - Respectable nice dress, and overly sexy outfit.

Second play --
* FAMOUS ACTRESS - Female non-dwarf. Lovely, expensive outfit.
* EARNEST YOUNG WOMAN - Female, same race as actress. Simple but nice outfit.

Both plays --
* Theater usher: You'll help everyone get seated near the stage and discourage any trolls or chatty guests.
* Stagehand 1: Wall/floor/color changer
* Stagehand 2/3: Furniture changer
Stage hands will keep housing items in inventory and quickly change out decorations between scenes during the first play, and once between the plays.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Calling all actors!

With the solve-a-mystery contest behind us, it's time to start assigning roles for Theater Night.

If you have volunteered to help with this event, please reply with a list of roles you would like.
Please give me your top three choices, from the most to leave favorite.

Here are the available roles:

First play --
* CHANCE - An apparition of Fate, male elf preferred. Very interesting clothing, be creative.
* KING - Male human. Regal clothing.
* TIDY - Female human. Two outfits - Respectable clean clothing, and similar but very dirty clothing.
* HARLOT - Female human. Two outfits - Respectable nice dress, and overly sexy outfit.

Second play --
* FAMOUS ACTRESS - Female non-dwarf. Lovely, expensive outfit.
* EARNEST YOUNG WOMAN - Female, same race as actress. Simple but nice outfit.

Both plays --
* Theater usher: You'll help everyone get seated near the stage and discourage any trolls or chatty guests.
* Stagehand 1: Wall/floor/color changer
* Stagehand 2/3: Furniture changer
Stage hands will keep housing items in inventory and quickly change out decorations between scenes during the first play, and once between the plays.

Top three choices:

1. Earnest young woman, elf or hobbit preferred
2. Famous Actress, elf or hobbit
3. Chance, male elf

I will need to know before rehearsal so that I can make the new character, and would welcome your ideas on the name. To be honest, I am willing to play anything but stagehand, but I don't have great ideas for some of the clothes you suggest so took them off my list.

Holly
Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

As posted earlier, I'll like to try out acting *if* there's space available. Have only female characters of all races.
Roles preferred (1+2 interchangeable):
1) FAMOUS ACTRESS - Female non-dwarf. Lovely, expensive outfit.
2) EARNEST YOUNG WOMAN - Female, same race as actress. Simple but nice outfit.
3) TIDY - Female human. Two outfits - Respectable clean clothing, and similar but very dirty clothing

Else, I am more than happy to help with music / stagehand as needed.

Cheers and pies,
Lauralda
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: