Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Theater Night - Dec 14 at 4:30pm -- Sign Up To Be In A Play!

Theater Night -- Sunday, December 14 at 4:30pm

I have three short plays that I'd love to put on in LOTRO. The first is an opening comedy skit, the second is about finding something strange in soup, and the third is a about finding a wife for the king.

The first play works with any race and gender, requiring two actors. The second play needs two actors and works best with a dwarf or hobbit waitperson. The diner can be any race.

The third play about the king requires 3 humans, two female and one male. It also needs a fourth character who can be of any race or gender, but a male elf would be especially nice.

First play --
* THEATER MANAGER - hiring acts for the theater. Dressed formally.
* KELLY - person interviewing for a job at the theater. Dressed as a stand-up comedian.

Second play --
* WAITPERSON - Server at a nice tavern.
* DINER - A fussy patron.

Third play --
* CHANCE - An apparition of Fate, male elf preferred. Very interesting clothing, be creative.
* KING - Male human. Regal clothing.
* TIDY - Female human. Two outfits - Respectable clean clothing, and similar but very dirty clothing.
* HARLOT - Female human. Two outfits - Respectable nice dress, and overly sexy outfit.
* NARRATOR - Presents OOC info to the audience.

The plays are scripted, so actors should use Lyrical to pre-write their lines and emotes. They'll have quite a bit of leeway in coming up with their costumes.

We will also need a band to play the music that synchronizes with the action on stage. We need a band organizer who can recruit players, come up with some music ideas after reading the plays, and then work with me to figure out the necessary song durations.

For the first play, I need a couple of stage hands who can handle fast house redecorating of one small area to handle set changes. You'll have a list of what goes in each housing hook on the stage, for which scene. As the scene changes, you'll need to run out and switch the items very fast, so the audience isn't kept waiting. The stage hands will also need to redecorate between the plays, but it won't be such a rush, since the band will be playing during the intermission.

I believe we can put on both plays, back-to-back, in the same night. They're short and funny. If we work together, this could be a really fantastic event and attract quite a few guests.

If we're very lucky, we'll get the U15 music upgrades before the show.

If you're interested, please reply to this post. Let me know if you'd like to be an actor, band leader, musician, or stage hand. Thanks!

The short URL for this post is: http://tinyurl.com/LMBShow1

Current list of assignments (Nov 5th):

Play 1
Stage Manager - Lhinnthel ?
Kelly - Kaerri ?
Stagehands - Aldekim
Usher - Molly (Mornawen)

Play 2
Waitperson - Lauralda
Diner - Hollyberye
Stagehands - Aldekim
Usher - Molly (Mornawen)

Play 3
Chance - Calycanthus
King - Craicwyth
Tidy - Kaerri
Harlot - Byrcha
Narrator - Lhinnthel
Stagehands -- Aldekim and Lauralda
Usher - Molly (Mornawen)

Music
Lilikate, Corulin, Bittercress, Lhinnthel

* We don't need music for the opening skit.
* We could use "restaurant background music" at a quiet volume for the second skit.
* The final play needs quite a variety of songs.<p> </p>

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/01/05 12:37 pm; edited 16 times in total

Awarded:

Sounds wonderful, Kira! I'm willing to help as either an actor, musician and/or stagehand. No restrictions in December yet, but of course it is too early to know for sure.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Hollyberye

Awarded:

Kira, it sounds like a lot of fun, and I would be quite happy to play an actress, no particular preference, as I can always make a new character on one of my f2P accounts if I don't have what is needed.

I don't know my son's schedule for December yet--the main thing that could get in the way is if he has a play performance on a Saturday night that interferes, but I think the big fall production is generally over by mid-November, so I should be just fine (and free!).

Holly
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Oh! This sounds like such fun! I would love to participate as anything needed and have a variety of character available if chosen for acting. Right now, the only Saturday not good for me is the 6th, as my daughter's winter play runs that weekend.

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Anthemisa
Anthemisa
Officer

Awarded:

re: Re: Theater in December -- Sign Up To Be In A Play!

* HARLOT - Female human. Two outfits - Respectable nice dress, and overly sexy outfit.
&
* FAMOUS ACTRESS - Female non-dwarf. Lovely, expensive outfit.
* EARNEST YOUNG WOMAN - Female, same race as actress. Simple but nice outfit.

Are fitting my Viyoley, she prefers to be the first one at the list!

I hope my time allows, I'd be happy to take part! :D

I would be happy to be a musician in the band. This sounds like a fun project :)

This sounds fun, and I'm definitely interested, but I can't make any commitments yet.
BarrelRider

This sounds like great fun!

I'd love to help out in whatever role a lady hobbit can be of use. My schedule should be very flexible for most of December, though I expect to be quite a bit busier toward the end of the month.

Officer

Awarded:

I'd like to be a part of this! Depending on schedule of course - I don't know what my plans are, aside from Christmas week probably being out (as most people, probably). I can fill any role but a male hobbit, or whatever you need in the way of backstage.

Officer

Awarded:

How does one of these sound:

Friday, December 12 at 8pm
Saturday, December 13 between 5pm and 7pm
- or -
Sunday, December 14 at 4:30pm

Which works best for you and would get us the biggest crowd?

Our cast+crew sign-up list so far is:
Viyoley (actor - harlot + actress or young woman)
Hollyberye (actor)
Calycanthus (actor)
Qiredis/Kaerri (actor)
Lilikate (music)
BarrelRider
Byrcha
Lhinnthel
Claralyn
Aldekim

Do we have anyone who can play KING and/or CHANCE?

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2014/09/16 9:47 pm; edited 5 times in total

Awarded:

Andune typically practices at 2:30 pm and performs from 3:00-4:00 on Sundays.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Thanks, Byrcha! I've adjusted the time suggestion in the post above.

Lilikate, I'm going to send you the scripts so that you can think of what sort of music you'd like to include for each scene. In the first play, I'd like to have a "location theme song" for TIDY's house, HARLOT's house, and the Throne Room. That will help people identify where the action is taking place. In the second play, everything takes place in the actresses dressing room, so the music will probably need to match the mood more than the location.

I imagine each play will take about 15 minutes to perform. We'll have an intermission in between. Some music for that would be great, too.

Awarded:

Lilikate, I have PMed you the links to the plays. Would you be willing to organize our band?

Is there anyone willing to be my Stage Manager, to work with me on set dressing and help organize the crew to do scene changes?

Looking at the times listed, Friday Dec. 12 at 8 pm is most likely best for me. I could probably also manage Saturday at 5 or Sunday at 4:30 as long as we made sure to start on time.

HUSBAND isn't in your beginning list of characters, so I'm not sure what you're looking for there.

Both Aedilwine (male human) and Tasarin (male elf) are willing to participate.

Barring my finally getting a full-time job and being mid-move that weekend, I should be able to participate.
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

I also have a male human (Brendoran) and a male elf (Qispe, in an alt kin) if need be.

At present, any of the listed dates/times will work for me as well.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: