Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Fellowship Walk Auctions

Speaking of the Fellowship Walk, every year they have a charity fundraiser. They auction off in-game and real-life items to raise more funds. We have donated items the last two years to help out. Most memorable, perhaps, was a date with Aegthil. (To this day, you can search for "lotro hot pants" on Google and get a ton of Aegthil results!)

I had three ideas for things we can put together for auctions to raise money --

* COLOR YOUR WARDROBE -- A set of seven dyes of each color, which would cover a whole outfit. Perhaps we can auction more than one set.

* RIDE TO VICTORY -- A "reputation steed unlock". This was a popular item that raised quite a bit of money last year. Basically, we send enough items from each faction to someone to get them Kindred reputation. This unlocks the steed, but also cheaper travel, equipment purchases, World Renowned title, and so forth.
A person would need 85,000 points to go from nothing to Kindred with a faction, so that would be 122 items with 700 point values. It sounds like a lot of work, until you divide it up amongst a dozen or more people.
The factions are Men of Bree, Mathom Society, Thorin's Hall, Elves of Rivendell, Rangers of Esteldin, Wardens of Annuminas, Council of the North, Lossoth of Forochel, and Iron Garrison Miners.

Last year we also included travel maps to 21st Hall, Moria; Suri-Kyla, Forochel; Tinnudir, Evendim; Esteldin, North Downs; and Ost Guruth, Lone-Lands.

* LIVE LIKE A HORSE LORD -- We could put together a set of Rohan furniture items, enough to decorate a standard house. This would include a bed, bookcase, credenza, plain chair, fancy chair, chandelier, shield rack, keg, tapestry, antlers, deer head, and two shelves. We can throw in a bear skin rug, brown rug, a pair of braziers, log holder, table with something nifty (crabain, stein, beer & pretzels,etc), and a small animal trophy (wolverine, winter-worm, etc.) for good measure.

* MASTER CARTOGRAPHER -- (Thanks Aedon!) A full set of wall maps, which would unlock both deeds and give some lucky bidder an amazing set of new housing items.

* OLD WINYARDS CONCERT -- (Thanks Keli!) Depending on the time and place selected by the winner, Banders will meet up to give a wonderful concert.

* MASTER MUSICIAN -- (Thanks Lauralda!) A full set of instruction manuals for learning musical instruments.

If we start working on these now, it won't be a big rush at the end of September when the fundraiser begins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, wonderful and generous Banders, for your amazing support! I'll keep the tally in this post updated as often as possible. If you have an item to donate to this cause, please mail it to me (Kiralynn) and I'll put it in one of the houses at the ranch, until somebody wins the auction.

I'll try to keep track of who donates what, so when you send something, please let me know if you want it back if it's an extra. Otherwise, I'll give the extra items out to kin members after the auctions go live.

Charity fundraiser link: www.extra-life.org/participant/sapience

ROHAN FURNITURE:
Sets ready to go - 1

Rohan bed - 2
Rohan bookcase - 2
Rohan credenza/bureau/cupboard - 2
Rohan chair - 3
Rohan chandelier - 3
Rohan shield rack (interior) - 2
Rohan keg - 2
Rohan tapestry/shield set - 4
Rohan antlers/deer/stag head - 4
Rohan shelf - 2
Rohan horse post - 2
Bear skin rug - 2
Brown rug - 2
Log holder - 6
Unusual/fancy table - 1
Animal trophy - 1

Miscellaneous
*Dig site - 2
*Stoor boots - 2
*Yule wallpapers -1
*Lily-of-the-valley arrangement -1
*Bluebottle arrangement - 1
*Iris arrangement - 1
*Green gift box - 1
*High Seas rug - 1
*Dragonfly rug - 1
*Scarecrow - 1

WALL MAP:
Sets ready to go - 1

Eriador Deed
Bree-land - 1
Shire - 1
Ered Luin - 2
Lone-lands - 1
North Downs - 1
Trollshaws - 1
Misty Mountains - 1
Angmar - 1
Ettenmoors - 1
Northern Barrow-downs - 1
Rivendell - 2
Eregion - 1
Enedwaith - 1
Thorin’s Gate - 1
Forochel - 1
Frostbluff - 1
Southern Barrow-downs - 1
Archet - 1
Bree-town - 1
Annuminas - 1
Old Forest - 1
Mirkwood - 1

Moria Deed
Grand Stair - 2
Walls of Moria - 1
Silvertine Lodes - 1
Durin's Way - 1
Water-works - 1
Zelem-melek - 1
Nud-melek - 1
Foundations of Stone - 1
Redhorn Lodes - 1
Zirakzigil - 1
Flaming Deeps - 1

DYES:
Sets ready to go - 4

White - 64
Grey - 28
Black - 31
Walnut Brown - 42
Sienna - 41
Rust - 28
Umber - 28
Red - 46
Crimson - 28
Orange - 28
Gold - 29
Yellow - 38
Olive - 28
Ranger Green - 35
Forest Green - 28
Dark Green - 28
Rivendell Green - 28
Turquoise - 28
Navy - 28
Evendim Blue - 28
Ered Luin Blue - 31
Sea Blue - 28
Steel Blue - 30
Rose - 31
Indigo - 28
Violet - 31
Purple - 28
Burgundy - 31

REPUTATION ITEMS:
Sets ready to go - 2

Reputation points x700
(Need 122 per faction.) --
Men of Bree - 646
Mathom Society - 591
Thorin's Hall - 464
Elves of Rivendell - 275
Rangers of Esteldin - 246
Wardens of Annuminas - 286
Council of the North - 395
Lossoth of Forochel - 247
Iron Garrison Miners - 245
Iron Garrison Guards - 256

Map to Aughaire - 1
Map to Bree-land/Old Forest - 1
Map to West Bree
Map to Ered Luin/Duillond - 1
Map to Esteldin - 1
Map to Evendim/Eavespires - 3
Map to Forochel/Suri-Kyla - 1
Map to Hobbiton - 1
Map to Lone-lands - 1
Map to Lone-lands/Ost Guruth - 3
Map to Lone-lands/Weathertop - 2
Map to Misty Mountains - 1
Map to Moria - 0
Map to Moria/21st Hall - 0
Map to Moria/Dolven-view - 1
Map to Moria/Gharaf-fehem - 1
Map to Moria/Hadudbab - 2
Map to Moria/Mezer-serej - 4
Map to North Downs/Esteldin - 0
Map to Thorin's Hall - 1
Map to Tinnudir - 1
Map to Trollshaws/Rivendell - 1
Writ of Special Passage - 1

INSTRUMENT MANUALS:
Sets ready to go - 3

Clarinet - 3
Flute - 3
Harp - 3
Horn - 3
Drum - 3
Theorbo - 3
Bagpipes - 3
Pibgorn - 3
Basic Cowbells - 3
Moor Cowbells - 4

ANIMAL TOMES:
Sets ready to go - 2

Cat - 3
Dog - 2
Frog - 2
Fox - 2
Snake - 2
Squirrel - 2

EPIC FUN:
* Steel keys - 10
* Mithril Flakes - 51
* Flawed symbol of Celebrimbor - 1
* Emerald shard - 1
* Tome of the Snowy Fangorn Huorn
* Tome of the Black Swan

MISCELLANEOUS:
* Bronze lootboxes
* Barrow iron lootboxes
* Khazad steel lootboxes
* Dwarf steel lootboxes
* Recipes of Potted Lily-of-the-valley, Bluebottle, Iris

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/01/05 12:37 pm; edited 41 times in total

Alesel can provide the dyes as she has every colour in multiple quantites.
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I have a full set of the maps offered at the festivals I would be willing to donate. These include Eriador and Moria.
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

I donated a house plus furniture last year so of course I like that idea!

Another possibility, a minimum 1 hour concert by LMB; this might also be possible on Laurelin. Though these days concerts are not such a rarity.

I might bid on Ride to Victory myself!

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Aedon Durreah wrote:
I have a full set of the maps offered at the festivals I would be willing to donate. These include Eriador and Moria.

That would make a lovely auction, thank you! Is it both full sets, which would complete both map deeds?

Keli wrote:
Another possibility, a minimum 1 hour concert by LMB; this might also be possible on Laurelin. Though these days concerts are not such a rarity.

That's a really cool idea. We'll need a list of people willing to play before we can offer it.

Awarded:

The way we've done the concert thing in the past is that the winner chooses the time and place (within reason). This allows the winner to perhaps have a private Kin concert or have us play for an event like a wedding. Given the uncertainty we could not get a list of people beforehand. But, honestly, we can give great concerts with 5+ so no big deal.

Hollyberye

Awarded:

I can trade for Rohan furniture for this cause.

I can donate the following travel maps: Map to Forchel-Suri-Kyla; Map to Mirkwood-Scuttledells; and Map to Trollshaws-Rivendell.

I'd be happy to help grind rep items, too.

Hollyberye
Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

This was an excellent project last year, and I'm glad to see it back!

I must confess I goggled hawtpants *giggles*

Concert wise, I would be happy to participate on an ad hoc basis.

We could also offer a "Learn Every Instrument" - I daresay we have enough songsters in kin to craft instrument manuals. Lauralda'll be happy to craft.

An idea for consideration: could offer crafting customised LI's for any specified level. Would probably appeal to gear minded folks. (considered crafted gear as well, but the variations get rather complex)

Dyes wise - I'll say some colours are used way more often than others, rarely have I seen grey/olive/navy/violet/indigo/dark green to name a few - would it be more appealing to offer bundles of the more popular colours?
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

[quote="Lauralda"]Dyes wise - I'll say some colours are used way more often than others, rarely have I seen grey/olive/navy/violet/indigo/dark green to name a few - would it be more appealing to offer bundles of the more popular colours?/quote]
I smiled as I read this. The colors I use the most often are olive, navy, dark green, and indigo! My primary outfit right now is all olive, matching my steed's olive tack. Of course, on that particular gear, it looks more like a rustic green, less yellow than Ranger Green.

Awarded:

Yes, both full sets that complete the deed. I have been offering the chance to banders to complete the deed using them I would also be willing to donate a deluxe house in the neighborhood of the winners choosing.

Will you have the storage space for these, or should I keep them where they are for now?
Keli
Keli
Officer

Awarded:

Talking of the Maps deed, what about the Fortune Cookies deed? Pretty sure we have a full set of cookies, maybe in Bluebonnet's or Carica's house (I remember the house and where it is but not the owner lol).

This deed gives (I think) 7 different titles so could be offered as separate prizes for each title.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Keli wrote:
Talking of the Maps deed, what about the Fortune Cookies deed? Pretty sure we have a full set of cookies, maybe in Bluebonnet's or Carica's house (I remember the house and where it is but not the owner lol).
This deed gives (I think) 7 different titles so could be offered as separate prizes for each title.

In case there's any confusion, our map auction is to actually give the maps to the winner, not just let them handle maps.
We could try to get the fortunes together. That's a fine idea. Does anyone have spare fortunes lying about?

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Keli wrote:

In case there's any confusion, our map auction is to actually give the maps to the winner, not just let them handle maps.
We could try to get the fortunes together. That's a fine idea. Does anyone have spare fortunes lying about?

No confusion at all. The maps will go to the winner of the auction.

And on a side note, I would love to get a chance to handle those fortune cookies for the deed.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I've kicked in one of each dye color.

I have a bunch of reputation items, but I need to check what's in the chest to update the inventory above.

I noticed that several of you have sent me items, thank you! I'll update our inventory tonight.

Awarded:

*giggles at Kira* I stand corrected - as always, favourite outfits do differ! I sent on some of each dyes, excepting Steel Blue (haven't found that recipe yet). Hope they get popular at the auction :)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: