Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Volunteer Call - URGENT - Need 4 musicians for rodeo!

Greetings!

Eukwen's work schedule changed, so we no longer have four musicians for the Name-That-Song contest at the end of the rodeo. The rodeo is scheduled for 5:30pm to 7:30pm EDT/server, but this is the last event of the rodeo, so it's not likely to start before 7:00pm.

The ABC files will be provided. All you'll need to do is start playing the requested song from the list, and stop when told before the song is actually done. Every song on the list uses the same instruments (lute, harp, theorbo) so you won't even need to change during the contest.

If you're available to play, please post and let me know. We're in a real pickle, here, and can use your help. Thanks!

Awarded:

I'd be happy to play and the time works fine for me, too. If we are short a person I can dual box, too, on Strawberrystar. She doesn't have a lot of cosmetic outfit slots, though.

Hollyberye
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Any country (especially country western or cowbow) clothes will be perfect, but anything will do. Thank you!

I'll give the ZIP file download info to the folks who sign up before the event. Remember, the songs are a secret. The purpose of the contest is for participants to shout out the name of the song to score points. When you download the file, don't tell anyone which songs are in the set.

We just need 2-3 more musicians and we're set.

Awarded:

I'd love to join in for this Kira!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Bittercress
Bittercress

Awarded:

If my barrel duties are over by then, I'll merrily join in.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

We'll have barrel racing first, so that will be done. You can help with (or compete in) the other events, and still play this one.

Awarded:

It looks like we'll be okay, as long as all of the volunteers show up. If you're interested in helping, please show up in case someone who volunteered cannot make it.

Here's what you'll need to play at the rodeo for the Name-That-Song contest --
* Lute, harp, and theorbo. Bring the ones you know how to play.
* Download the ZIP file with the songs. (I will PM the URL to download the songs. Keep them secret, keep them safe!)
* Be on time at Hengstacer farms and join a Fellowship with Kiralynn once you get there.
* Relog if necessary to fix the music bug.

Many thanks for helping!

Awarded:

It looks like we have 3 volunteers --- Hollyberye, Lhinnthel and Bittercress.

We need one more musician to download the music and be ready to play it at the end of the rodeo.

I will PM the link to download the ABC files in just a few minutes. Thanks again!

This is this Saturday, right? I should be available. I wanted to volunteer a few days ago but couldn't figure out when the rodeo was and thought it had already passed. But I just saw the thread about the Spring Racing Carnival -- I assume that's the event? Will we be able to practice in advance? I've never participated in an event as a musician.

*a little out of the loop*

R8 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) @ Landroval
Bittercress
Bittercress

Awarded:

Will have Yellowcress tagging along to fill if we don't get enough bodies.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Mar-Evayave wrote:
This is this Saturday, right? I should be available. I wanted to volunteer a few days ago but couldn't figure out when the rodeo was and thought it had already passed. But I just saw the thread about the Spring Racing Carnival -- I assume that's the event? Will we be able to practice in advance? I've never participated in an event as a musician.

Hello there! We'd love to have you as a volunteer. Do you have Songbook installed and ready to use? If not, you will want to visit the Music Library (see tab above) and scroll all the way to the bottom for instructions on how to get started playing music in a band. Once you are ready to play, let me know and I can PM you with the location of the ZIP file with the ABC songs we'll be playing.

These songs will be played during the Name-That-Song contest, so it's very important not to share these files or let anyone know which songs we'll be playing. The audience will be trying to guess the song titles. The rodeo is scheduled this Saturday from 5:30pm to 7:30pm EDT/servertime, but this contest is the very last event of the rodeo.

You can find the full schedule here: http://windyacres.mymiddleearth.com/?p=4507#more-4507

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Hello there! We'd love to have you as a volunteer. Do you have Songbook installed and ready to use? If not, you will want to visit the Music Library (see tab above) and scroll all the way to the bottom for instructions on how to get started playing music in a band. Once you are ready to play, let me know and I can PM you with the location of the ZIP file with the ABC songs we'll be playing.

These songs will be played during the Name-That-Song contest, so it's very important not to share these files or let anyone know which songs we'll be playing. The audience will be trying to guess the song titles. The rodeo is scheduled this Saturday from 5:30pm to 7:30pm EDT/servertime, but this contest is the very last event of the rodeo.

You can find the full schedule here: http://windyacres.mymiddleearth.com/?p=4507#more-4507

I don't have the Songbook but I went and downloaded it. Also, when I went in game and typed "/plugins load songbook" in the chatbox, it says it loaded the songbook, only I don't see any bluish square with a white music note anywhere on my screen. However, I was able to use "/songbook show" and that worked. ^_^

I went over to the Bree stage across from the Pony to test it out and had a fun time by myself. I'm ready to start playing for real, I think, and I won't share the file list with anyone.

All times are EST, right? I think I was mixing events up. But I'll play as #7 for the Andune Ensemble at 4:30-5:00 and for the Name-That-Song contest at the tail end of the rodeo from 5:30-7:30. :) So I guess that means I need the Andune Ensemble songs from the Music Library as well as the songs you are going to send me?

Also the schedule doesn't work for me. It seems to be a broken link?

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Mar-Evayave wrote:
Also, when I went in game and typed "/plugins load songbook" in the chatbox, it says it loaded the songbook, only I don't see any bluish square with a white music note anywhere on my screen.

It might be hiding under another control. Also, it's mostly see-through until you mouse over it. You may have to go hunting for it with your mouse and then drag it to somewhere that you'll remember where it is.

All times are EDT. You can type /servertime in the game to find out the current time on Landroval. Everything is scheduled according to that time.

You can see the schedule at WindyAcres.MyMiddleEarth.com, in the LOTRO Player Events forum, or click here.

Awarded:

If possible, please wear something western or country or cowboy looking to the rodeo.
(Except for barrel racing barrels, who wear bright orange with a pointy orange hat!)

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Mar-Evayave wrote:
Also, when I went in game and typed "/plugins load songbook" in the chatbox, it says it loaded the songbook, only I don't see any bluish square with a white music note anywhere on my screen.

It might be hiding under another control. Also, it's mostly see-through until you mouse over it. You may have to go hunting for it with your mouse and then drag it to somewhere that you'll remember where it is.

All times are EDT. You can type /servertime in the game to find out the current time on Landroval. Everything is scheduled according to that time.

You can see the schedule at WindyAcres.MyMiddleEarth.com, in the LOTRO Player Events forum, or click here.

That should make it all the easier. I live in EST/EDT. ^_^ And that link worked better, thanks!

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
If possible, please wear something western or country or cowboy looking to the rodeo.
(Except for barrel racing barrels, who wear bright orange with a pointy orange hat!)

Hm... :/ Not sure I have ANYTHING that qualifies. Any suggestions on where to look?

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: