Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Andeon
Officer

re: ESO

Refugees of Tamriel is *nominally* Daggerfall covenant, as that is the alliance of the founding character - however, as near as I can tell, guild membership, and possibly invites, are account-based, not character based, so if I can send you pm's while you're on, you *should* be able to join the guild? I think...if not, all we need to do is have you build a Daggerfall covenant alt, and then we can send that invite out to you, and it *should* carry over onto the rest of your characters, based on what little I know...

it's a very...confusing...system, it seems. With the alliances being a player divider, but the guilds being nominally a uniting influence...we'll figure it out!

re: invite

Send an invite to Ealthina and Seloy Deparra.. Both are daggerfall.
Suncho

There are two people arguing by an unlit fire about who should light the fire. There is no quest marker or any indication of anything here. If you go and light the fire yourself, they then stop and thank you for resolving their argument, and you get a hefty chunk of xp.

There is a wretch by the side of the road; obviously poor and bad off. If you stop and talk to him, but only if you stop and talk to him, he begs you for assistance, asking for 31 gold. I have no idea why he asks for that much. But if you give it to him, it suddenly turns into a quest and you get xp and a thank you.

A woman is screaming for help, tied up on the ground. If you come close to her, 3 bandits decloak from stealth and ambush you; the woman crying out "i had no choice, they made me". Ganked by NPCs!

You see two bandits beating up a mercenary. If you close with them and kill the bandits, a merchant and his pack animal appear from nowhere to join the mercenary; they thank you but there is no other reward.

There are a number of quests which have red text; depending on which you select I've had different characters go on entirely different quest lines.

--These are just some of the non-standard events/quests I've found in the game so far. I've been lucky and have experienced few bugs overall; there are of course growing pains in any new MMO.
Bittercress
Bittercress

Awarded:

The most impressive thing I saw in the betas were the bards, some of their songs are incredible, fully voiced. In one of the early elven towns (mystral?) the bard is basically Malukah singing this song, from her write up it sounds like she could also be the bard in a number of other spots too.

How cool would it be if Turbine updated a few of their bards to provide full versions of elements from Beyond the Western Seas!
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

Yes, Bittercress!! I noticed that too. I was in the tavern in Davon Watch, cooking, and there is a minstrel in that room and the whole time I was there (and it was probably 15 minutes) she never sang or played the same tune and alternated between singing and playing. When I've had to go afk for whatever reason, I leave my girl playing the lute and it has a cycle of songs that it plays. If you stop playing and start again, the tune is different than the one you were playing when you stopped. Very well done there!

But ESO is all about immersion and I think they've done that well from a RP standpoint. Folks complain about the minimalistic UI, but that is on purpose so the UI doesn't distract you from the environment. They want you to explore and look at all the details. While I will admit to having my skill bar set to show all the time and can't wait to get 5 more slots, I do prefer the less crowded screen. My Lotro screen is always full of... stuff. hehe

And back to the NPC music, I have always been puzzled with Lotro, who has an awesome music system for creative players, but has a minstrel trainer bard and street corner bands (in neighborhoods in particular but they used to be in Bree too in the early days as I recall) who are plunking out a few discordant chords (at least to my ear) that sound horrible. There is no real structured melody, just a mishmash of notes. *shrugs* Perhaps the technology to create smaller sound files is better now or perhaps we've just come to a place where HUGE game files are more accepted?

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Other Worlds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: