Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loja_

re: App: Amrihir

The application submitted by Amrihir is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Amrihir
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 40
Race : Elf
Class : Hunter

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
Greetings! Whilst traveling around these early levels, I keep seeing groups of players performing in Bree. Their kinship tag is The Lonely Mountain Band.

After wondering at why their names were in white (yes, i am completely new to LOTRO and did not know, but surmised as much) I decided to see what I could find out about the kinship online, and frankly I was had at "The stated focus of the Lonely Mountain Band kinship is to celebrate Tolkien's world..." Very well said, and if indeed this is the active focus of The Lonely Mountain Band, then I humbly seek to join.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
Very, very little RP experience here. I realized long ago that I have neither the talent nor, perhaps, the imagination to RP well. I hope this will not bar me from joining the kinship, assuming an offer is made at some point.

Been playing MMOs since 2003, starting with Everquest, Planes of Power expansion. After EQ, it was a short stint on Star Wars Galaxies, then on to World of Warcraft a few months after launch. I played WoW retail on and off until a few months back, then on a Classic server for a short time before starting here on Landroval back in March.

I've mostly played MMOs solo or with my RL brothers, having been in a few guilds in wow, casual ones. I have very little raiding experience. I would be deemed a 'filthy casual' in current warcraft parlance.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
CST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Currently working on a character bio.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
none

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
no

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
Not yet, but as soon as I can I will.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Exploration and learning, watching the community interact; would much prefer to have a kinship to share this jouney with.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I could ask for nothing more than an honest group of loyal friends.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
A willingness to be friendly, help and learn as best I could.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
Yes, the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings three times each. I have a first American edition copy of the Silmarillion that I plan on reading when my current book queue is over. My son has started the Hobbit recently, and I plan to read along as it will be his first time through and my fourth.

A line from the appendix that has always been one of my favorites is when Aragorn tells his mother "Then bitter will my days be, and I will walk in the wild alone." That statement has stuck with me all these years since I first read it.

The journey from the Shire, to Imladris, with the Fellowship after, to when Boromir falls is probably my favorite part of the all the writings. Basically Book One and Two, as Tolkien would have it, but certainly nothing against the other four for sure. The description of the Rangers in the Passing of the Grey Company has always been another favorite of mine as well...

"A little apart the Rangers of the North sat, silent, in an ordered company, armed with spear and bow and sword. They were clad in cloaks of dark grey, and their hoods were cast now over helm and head. Their horses were strong and of proud bearing, but rough-haired.... There was no gleam of stone or gold, nor any fair thing in all their gear and harness: nor did their riders bear any badge or token, save only that each cloak was pinned upon the left shoulder by a brooch of silver shaped like a rayed star....

If I could have a character bio, the above description would be it. While some might say this is merely nothing more than a physical description of a group of men, the details given speak volumes about the Rangers of the North. Always have I loved that passage.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I'm 40 year old single dad who works full time. I try to play on a regular basis, but the times may be a bit odd: early mornings, late at night, etc.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to speaking with y'all in game!

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Amrihir - by Aedon Durreah

Greetings Amrihir, your application has been approved. please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview.

Beorbrand
DeGeneral Degeneratus

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Amrihir - by Aedon Durreah

ONE OF US!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum