Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarsaparila Stoutheart

re: App: Sarsaparilla Stoutheart

The application submitted by Sarsaparilla Stoutheart is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Sarsaparilla_Stoutheart
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 28
Race : Hobbit
Class : Guardian

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I have only been playing LOTRO now for a few months with my husband who is a longtime player. (I am female in real life, but play a male hobbit) :) We are both avid fans of Tolkien and Lord of the Rings. Most of my playtime thus far has been learning the world and the MMO and figuring out what class fits my play style, but I spend even more of my time attending events and listening to concerts. I have been blown away by the dedication to music, art and immersion that I have seen on this server, but the most exciting and fun treat for me was seeing The Bad Bearitones perform in Bree. It just brought my heart so much joy and lifted my spirit. I recently became VIP and when I did, I wanted to check out one of the legendary servers to see how the experience was different, after only three days, I happily returned to Landroval because I missed the music and the spirit of the server. Now, mind you, I don't have any characters that currently play music, (though I'd love to learn) :) but there's something special in just knowing that you belong to a community where that spirit thrives and you're a part of that even from and audience perspective. I think it shows a reverence for Tolkien, for Middle Earth, and the beauty of the world which is the biggest reason why I play. Then when I read the rules and charter and saw the naming guidelines, I doubly knew I wanted to apply here. I think the rules again, show a respect and appreciation for this amazing world we get to run around in: Tolkien's vision come to life. This is the type of kinship I would be proud to be a part of. I would be honored if you would consider me for membership.

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
I have played other MMO's: Everquest I and II, WOW for a time, Secret World. I am not a hardcore Rp'er but I do appreciate role play and immersion and create my characters with their personalities and roles in mind. Sarsaparilla Stoutheart for instance is a Shire Brewmaster in good standing with the Inn-League and specializes in strong brews and the procurement of pipeweed. He is always known to have some Bold Stout Brew on him for parties and ready to dance a jig at a moment's notice. I also have played characters in tabletop D&D in the past.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Alaska Time Zone (Fairbanks)

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
(From above) Sarsaparilla Stoutheart for instance is a Shire Brewmaster in good standing with the Inn-League and specializes in strong brews and the procurement of pipeweed. He is always known to have some Bold Stout Brew on him for parties and ready to dance a jig at a moment's notice. I am still working out where he hails from and the finer points of his backstory, but it's coming together and I should have an interesting, (more detailed) biography up for him in the next week or so

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
Concerning Hobbits: Luci Littletoes and Junipper Goodberry but Sarsaparilla will be my main. I plan to remain in CH with Junipper but if accepted I would like Luci to be in LMB as well as I play her a lot.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
Not directly, but the kindness and talent of LMB I have seen at events is what brought me here

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
I have been to many of the regular music performances. I mentioned one already when I saw The Bad Bearitones perform I was really impressed by the music, the song selection, and it was the first time I had seen "singing" with clever lyrics. The performers were very interactive with the audience, funny, and very friendly. A member even took time out to train me in drums (on Luci Littletoes) so I could do the drumming with everyone at the end. My work schedule has not allowed me to attend ales and tales yet with the Alaska time difference, but as summer season approaches I will have mondays off and will be able to attend in a couple of weeks. I am also really looking forward to attending my first ever Weatherstock. :)

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Music, immersion, farming, food, just getting into the story and being a part of the community

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
I am expecting a friendly and active community to engage with, one with a sense of adventure and appreciation for the world of Tolkien as well as the game community, a kinship community that is supportive, encouraging and fun and not simply rushing to reach the next goal post and one that does not tolerate trolls and foolishness and from everything I have read and witnessed firsthand, I think those expectations will be met with LMB.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
As a new player, I don't have much yet in the way of game things or resources, but I am a very active player with a positive attitude and a love for community-centered events. As such, when I play, I try to give encouragement to the community in ways that add to those things: stopping to say hello to friends I recognize, to clap and cheer for a band or solo performer, to dance and sing and show support for the community and performers who share their talent and enjoyment with us. I hope this does contribute in a positive way. I think, from the friends I've made already that it does, and I hope as I "grow" to be even more helpful in whatever ways would benefit the kinship and the community at large.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I have read the books and seen the movies. In the movie I loved Gandalf's stand with the balrog. It was exciting in the book, but this is one instance where the movie just breathed new life into it for me. Gandalf slamming down his staff and shouting Fly You Fools as he falls is just intense. One of the first things I bought with my LOTRO points for Sarsaparilla was the "You Shall Not Pass" emote. LOL

In the book, although it's a minor scene I love the scene with Peregrin, Sam and Frodo in the bath. Peregrin singing and splashing water everywhere and "The Bath Song." The poetry and songs are really exquisite and I suppose for me, it's the little moments like that, that turn out to be big ones because they make the heroes so familiar.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
A little bit about me personally. I am 41 and 4 years married to the love of my life. We live in North Pole, Alaska, about 30 mins from fairbanks with our dog Manny. I have one son but he is twenty and recently moved out. My husband and I are both English Literature Majors graduated in 2015 from Hawaii Pacific University where we lived for over 15 years, each of us separately because we hadn't met yet. As such, we have a life-long love of books, reading, and liberal arts. We work in the field professionally writing and editing both outside and at home. I am a night owl, especially with the 4 hour east coast time difference and on a very random note, our street lamps here in North Pole are candy canes :) True Story.

Wowza, this is one of the best applications I have ever read. She sounds like our kind of people. My vote probably doesn't count, but I endorse her! Let's get her in before breakfast :)
Sarsaparila Stoutheart

re: Correction:

My ingame name is Sarsaparila with one L! I always forget and type it correctly with two, but Sarsaparila Stoutheart is the correct spelling. T
Durakili

Wow! Moving from Hawaii to Alaska... bit of a shock there I bet! :D
Sarsaparila Stoutheart

Absolutely, Durakili
. . . Though not in the way you might expect. I thought the adjustment to the cold would be the most difficult part, and while it certainly was challenging going from Hawaii weather in the mid to high 70s to the extreme cold of -50F, the hardest adjustment has actually been the months of near constant daylight and the months of near constant darkness. We have been here just over four years now and my Circadian rhythms are so out of whack. We have black out curtains and sleep masks for summer, but somehow my body just knows it's 3 a.m. and hasn't gotten dark yet, and in the winter I still find it wild to wake up and leave for work in the dark, go on lunch break in the dark and drive home in the dark all in the same day. My husband and I have times where we are wide awake and we say: "Let's go get something to eat," only to realize it's 2:30 in the morning. XD

Still, it is beautiful here. The aurora borealis is breathtaking for as long as you can stand the cold and the open nature and beautiful birch trees and wild moose make it someplace I am glad to say I have lived. We have areas of woods where patches of wild mushrooms grow and at the risk of sounding nerdy, I'll admit that at times one can almost imagine patches of Middle Earth. :)

[/img]
Durakili

Sarsaparila Stoutheart wrote:
Absolutely, Durakili

Still, it is beautiful here. The aurora borealis is breathtaking for as long as you can stand the cold and the open nature and beautiful birch trees and wild moose make it someplace I am glad to say I have lived. We have areas of woods where patches of wild mushrooms grow and at the risk of sounding nerdy, I'll admit that at times one can almost imagine patches of Middle Earth. :)

Parts of Forochel as well as The Shire, I assume? ;)

I wish they had more Aurora in Forochel.. or maybe they do and I don't pay attention..
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Greetings Sarsaparila, your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview.

Sarsaparila Stoutheart

Thank you very much Aedon and LMB kin members. I appreciate the thought and time given to the process and I am very happy to be here. I look forward to meeting you all in the weeks ahead.

Best,
Sarsaparila
Hannariel/Brioney

Awarded:

What a well-written and thorough application. I look forward to getting to know Sarsaparila! (That's gonna take some getting used to for spelling...)

bandleader
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum