Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Tales and Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: Bear and Back again, A Beornings Tale

This Inn has been a pleasant enough place, and the humans that inhabit it are for the most part friendly. We have had a few who have looked at us oddly, but mostly if they see us in bear form. I suppose out height when along side them is also a bit daunting, but most of us, even the cubs have been generous in our time and aid to those in need.

The lack of fresh berries or really any sort of fruit is hard on us. But while patrolling the hills and marshes of the area I have gathered enough to keep us going until we reach the town of Bree. We have heard that there is an abundance of good things to eat there. The Honey Cakes that I thought to stow in my packs before leaving have come in handy for keeping the cubs from grousing over much, and the promise of much to eat at the end of our journey gives them something to look towards, and provides fodder for tales told in the evening hours.

I miss Grimbeorn’s lodge, and the lands around the vale of Anduin. The evening in this area does not sparkle with the light of a myriad fireflies, and the air does not carry aloft the sweet fragrance of the flowers that bloom in the meadows surrounding our homeland. But for myself, I know that what we are doing, the adventure we are on is one of great significance. No one of us will return to the Vale as the we were before we set off that morning.

Greyylene
Officer of Rum

Awarded:

re: Bear and Back again, A Beornings Tale

The Inn seems to live up to the reputation. It is, indeed, a forsaken place. The hustle and bustle of activity seems only to accent the tired down trodden air that hangs heavy from its rafters. I spend as much time out foraging for berries as possible. Being inside is almost suffocating.

There are quite a lot of natural resources to be found, however, I do not recommend drinking the water. It is quite bitter with a bit of brine. If I didn’t know better I would swear we were closer to an ocean. It could also be the number of foul orc and goblin that littler the area.

The half orc, goblins and wargs that hunt the area is almost staggering. The spiders that roam are numerous as well, but I am not sure if the spiders keep the orcs in check or the other way around. It seems there is plenty of opportunity for bloodlust to be satisfied.

I have tried to keep the pack well fed. My fear is that we are all beginning to lose our appetite. Orc and goblins are rather fragrant. Oh how I miss the sweet aroma of the honey combs at home.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Tales and Fiction All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: