Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zara0stra

re: App: Zara0stra

The application submitted by Zara0stra is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Zaraostra
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 27
Race : Elf
Class : Hunter

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
Recently got into the game and read up on this kin, the love of Tolkien's work and emphasis on music is a huge draw

Player info:

Age Range:
22+

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
I've played WoW on and off since 2010
Started playing Elder Scrolls Online when it first came out in 2014 and I've played that on and off too

Not too much experience in RP but I've written a few stories for characters in other games (when I was younger wrote a Fourth Age story based on a Rome Total War mod, so I guess that might count?)

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
Mountain (MST)

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Zaraostra was a Elven hunter from Lothlorien. He loved music, but never followed the path of the minstrel (though he still always carried his lute), instead immersing himself in the music of nature as a hunter in the lands around his home. His family was descended from the followers of Elu Thingol and once lived in the kingdom of Doriath. But Zaraostra was born long after the splendor of those halls fell to greed and ruin, and the lands of fair Beleriand sunk beneath the waves. His family followed the Lady Galadriel to Lothlorien, and his father fell in the War of the Last Alliance at the Battle of Dagorlad, soon lost to the swamps that covered that battlefield. His mother served the lady Galadriel, but soon began to feel the call of the Undying Lands, where the pains of Middle Earth would trouble her no more.

Zaraostra was sad to see his mother go, but he resolved to remain in Middle Earth. He always felt a kinship for Middle Earth, the land his family and people lived and died to protect and love, and he would not leave until he felt his work was done. He traveled much throughout the lands, and witnessed the fall of Edhelion and the loss of friends. But with the finding of the Ring of Power and the spread of the Shadow over the lands, Zaraostra believes his time has come. He senses the wind and hears the creatures, and knows that an end is coming. Whether the end is his own, his lands, or that of the enemy's, he does not know. But to protect the free peoples and the lands he loves he will do what me must. He has returned to Edhelion, where the seeds of discord were once sown, to begin his great journeys to save Middle Earth.

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
n/a

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
n/a

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
n/a

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
So far enjoying exploring and playing through the quests and stories

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
A guild to call home and a group of people to talk about Tolkien with.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
My knowledge of Tolkien's works and love of music. I'm definitely not the most knowledgeable of Tolkien's work nor the best musician but would love to be a part of conversations about both of those topics

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I read the Hobbit when I was 6 and the rest is history. Read Lord of the Rings many times, read the Silmarillion quite a few times, and currently checking out "The Children of Hurin" and "Beren and Luthien" - really enjoying reading how those stories developed throughout Tolkien's life.

There are far too many to count but I really love the creation of Arda. One of my favorite themes in Tolkien's works is music and how that is linked to creation. The fact that the world is created by music, and music in itself has power in the universe, is something incredibly beautiful. Music has been a constant throughout my life and has gotten me through some hard times, as has Middle Earth. I can't even imagine what the music of Eru Illuvatar would sound like but that would be quite the concert.

One of my favorite characters is Finrod Felagund. He left his love and Valinor to make sure his friends and people didn't get screwed over by Feanor. He was the first to find Men and enchanted and befriended them with music. He had a noble heart, loved music, dueled Sauron with music, and gave his life to save a man he barely knew on an impossible quest that would change the world. If I could choose any character from Tolkien's work to hang out with it would be him. And if I ever unlock High Elves I am definitely gonna make a character from Nargothrond.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
Nope. Just excited to play the game and hopefully join this guild!

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: Zara0stra - by Aedon Durreah

Greetings Zaraostra,
Your application has been approved. Please /joinchannel alesandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum