Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Veriwin
Officer

re: April Fool's Day Ales & Tales

April Fool's Day is on a Monday this year. What's the silliest place to have Ales & Tales? Do we at long last have a show on top of the Prancing Pony? Any other silly activities we want to plan?
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Would be funny for us to hit the Pony Square with some silly songs and novelty acts.
Lion tamer? (person with a Hobbit or three dressed as a lion doing tricks)

Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

Start off with a stuffy band dressed seriously filing in and playing John Cage's 4'33". Followed by APRIL FOOL'S Old Winyards, lol.

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Well ... we could hold it at Weathertop and tell everyone that Weatherstock is being held early this year. twisted

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Idk but I think my favorite A&T was the time it fell on Leap Year and we had A&T at Minas Tirith and then we all leaped off and got the Flighty title hahaahaaa.

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Maybe we could have a silly hat night on that day. And a contest of whose hat is the foolishest? Is that a word? Well, you get the picture....

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

hahah using Weathertop might be fun.

Veriwin
Officer

Byrcha wrote:
Well ... we could hold it at Weathertop and tell everyone that Weatherstock is being held early this year. twisted

We could call it Laughingstock.

I was trying to think of silly places in LOTRO, but other than going to "challenging" places that you normally couldn't, like the top of the Prancing Pony, I can't think of locales that are inherently funny. The BBB kin house is pretty wacky. That could work.

As for activities... What if people dressed up -and acted like- like other players? Enough people are visually recognizable and have their own distinct characteristics for that to work, as long as it's done in good fun, which I'd imagine it would.
Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Obviously the Old Winyards need to play a continuous 45-minute song.
Eru forbid someone jump and drop 20 minutes in.

Awarded:

Veriwin wrote:
Byrcha wrote:

We could call it Laughingstock.

I was trying to think of silly places in LOTRO, but other than going to "challenging" places that you normally couldn't, like the top of the Prancing Pony, I can't think of locales that are inherently funny. The BBB kin house is pretty wacky. That could work.

As for activities... What if people dressed up -and acted like- like other players? Enough people are visually recognizable and have their own distinct characteristics for that to work, as long as it's done in good fun, which I'd imagine it would.

hahaha Veri, Love the name!

Harnuth

A couple of millenia ago in northern Europe, New Year's Day was celebrated on April 1. Then along came the Romans and messed up the calendar by moving New Year's Day... to March 1.

Some folks continued to celebrate New Year's Day on April 1, and they were called "April Fools." Hence, the origin of April Fools' Day, a day dedicated to being foolish (not to fooling others, as is often the modern interpretation of the day).

Now, how to turn that bit of esoteric history into an event in LOTRO escapes me, but perhaps a less foolish mind can thing of something. :)

"Alas for peaceful folk everywhere.  It is an enormous task to convince them that evil people with evil intentions will commit evil deeds." --Aragorn
Veriwin
Officer

Any interest in this? if we want to do something, it should probably be decided soon.

I'm all for Weathertop/Laughing Stock and people dressing up and acting like other players. Old Winyards could present themselves as a "bootleg" version of BBB. Anyone else have ideas?
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Hmm ... we already have so many BBB-adjacent folks in Old Winyards that we don't really need to feign much.

But we can announce that A&T is being replaced by a Special Event of Some Significance, to be held at Weathertop ...

Silly hats are always a good plan too.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Hannariel/Brioney

Awarded:

So I hadn't been paying much attention since a couple weeks ago when Veriwin first suggested doing something for April Fools. I was almost falling for it...I'm not totally letting my Fluffies know it's a joke, but before I went back here to check things out I did suggest that maybe it was a joke, but some of the Fluffies are bound to be there in some kind of hat thing or outfit....So for Aedon's benefit, the Fluffy Unicorns will be an act that night. Assuming the OW's will be playing, is it ok for Hannariel to play with the OW instead of Brioney so I don't have to switch?

bandleader
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

That would be fine Brioney.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: