Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkillaB

re: App: SkillaB

The application submitted by SkillaB is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Skilla
Game : Lord of the Rings Online
Server : Landroval
Level : 106
Race : Hobbit
Class : Hunter

Have you read & do you agree with LMB charter?:
Yes

Do you understand that Kin chat channel is for LOTRO and Tolkien related chat only?:
Yes

Use this area to share why you want to join LMB.:
I am newly returned to the game after an absence of three years, and am looking for a kinship to quest with and do events with. I am interested in participating in RP and in doing in-game comic theater (short plays/skits that could be part of a larger event or concert). I had high regard for the LMB when I was ingame in the past, and note that it's an active kinship with many players online at the times I'm online. It appears to me to be well-run and to attract fun people. I also think it might be a good place for me to make new friends and to try out doing a bit of light theater.

Player info:

Age Range:
Old Fogey

Tell us about any MMO or RP experience you may have: :
I first started doing RP as the school nurse in a Hogwarts-themed sim in Second Life. After about two years, with friends I made there, I moved to Star Wars Galaxies. As it began its final decline, my friends and I moved to LOTRO. My friends ended up leaving the game because they no longer had time to play, and I left when they did. Since then, I've played FFXIV and Neverwinter. I have done RP in all locations as well as gameplay. I enjoy questing, but am not a hardline endgamer; I'd rather hang out with friends than obsess over having the best gear or the strongest toon. I love RP, especially when there's a lot of back and forth and people avoid metagaming, godmoding, and broadcasting (emoting what you're thinking, as though people around could read your mind). I am not, however, a member of the RP police. :) I have been in a variety of guilds, free companies, and kinships, sometimes in positions of leadership and sometimes as a member. At this point in my life, I prefer not to be in leadership. Instead, I try hard to be supportive of the kinship and its leaders. I don't do ERP.

Please tell us what time zone you are in. (i.e. EST): :
MST

Character information:

Tell us about your character: :
Skilla Brockhill, 56, grew up in the Shire, the daughter of hunters who provided much of the wild game for Shire families. Sixteen years ago, as she was hunting with her friend Dellwyn (Dwelly), a half-orc shot and killed Dwelly, who died in Skilla's arms. Since then, Skilla has been hunting the enemies of the Free People.

skilla was married very briefly to Nifinion, but he left her, taking her son Nifi with him. Skilla tracked them, only to discover that both had died as the result of a foolish incursion into a swamp, where both were attacked and devoured by wild beasts.

At first angry and bitter, Skilla has now worked through her grief (killing Orcs helped a lot) and has now reverted to her original easy-going, carefree self. A lover of theater, she has recently tried her hand at writing short humorous plays, although she has yet to realize her dream of producing one.

Skilla is not in a relationship and until now, has had little time to pursue one. Although she believes she has learned enough to have better judgment in her choice of partners than she did in her youth, she is still a bit wary of getting romantically close to anyone. She is, however, eager to make friends and experience the joys of life (in addition to the joy of orc-killing).

Please tell us of any previous/current kinships you have character(s) in LOTRO. :
The Methel Thespians, another whose name I no longer remember. I think it may still exist, but no other members have been online for years.

LMB experience:

Were you referred by a current member? Who?: :
No, I checked the social tab and found someone from your kinship to ask for information.

Have you ever been to LMB hosted event? If yes, what were your impressions? If no, are you planning on it in the next week? (Highly recommended!):
Yes, I attended several Weatherstock events in the past, as well as a winter concert (Winterstock?) and some smaller performances in Bree. It's been long enough that I no longer remember the details, though.

Gameplay preferences:

What activities do you enjoy most in LOTRO? :
Questing, roleplaying, doing activities, esp. with friends.

Kinship expectations:

What are your expectations from LMB as a member? :
Respectful interactions (basic courtesy), being able to quest and do events with others, and having fun together.

What do you think your strongest contribution to LMB would be? :
I offer life experience, compassion, kindness, creativity, and playfulness. I would like to offer my services as a writer of silly skits/short plays, and help to form a theater group within the Lonely Mountain Band. I would love to work with others and am quite willing to be a part of plays that others have written. I have already written one short play designed to be performed in LOTRO: Little Red Ridinghobbit.

Tolkien:

Have you read the books or seen the movies? What are your favorite scenes or images? :
I saw the first movie, but did not care for it. I read the Hobbit shortly after it was released by Ballantine Books in the U.S., and then read the trilogy. I have since read all four books at least a dozen times, and have read the Silmarillion also. I love the whole series, but favorite images and scenes include Merry and Pippin in Fangorn, Bilbo blowing smoke rings and Gandalf outdoing him, and the image of the king whose statue has been knocked over and broken, but flowers have made a new crown on his fallen head.

Misc:

Is there anything else not covered in this application that you'd like to share with us? :
I am 67 years old irl, a bona fide grandmother, and will be more or less retiring at the end of June. I'll be helping to care for my elderly mother, but will have more time to spend ingame. I currently work part time. I am very capable of being silly. I have an alt I might like to bring into the kinship as well, if it works for you. Donyo is a human loremaster whose great ambition is to become a wizard like Radagast the Brown. Unfortunately for Donyo, this is, of course, impossible. Donyo's fatal flaw is that he's unable to accept this. Also, although he is a competent loremaster, he is terribly clumsy when not in battle. He styles himself "Donyo the Rusty."

I apologize if this is my second application. It looked as though my first got swallowed by the internet demons, and after I heard nothing back, I decided to resubmit. I tried to submit a bit ago, but got a long error page instead of confirmation.

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

re: APPROVED - App: SkillaB - by Aedon Durreah

Do not fret about the extra apps SKilla. That is a known bug with Guildlaunch. Please allow 24 hours for your application to be reviewed. Looking forward to talking to you in game. also, please /joinchannel alesandtales. You can keep track of going ons in the music community.

Carysta

Awarded:

If you're interested in knowing when concerts happen where please also check out lotroartists.com. Tonight is Band Night in Bree, so lots of us will be out and about if you want to come say hi! :)

Is it festival time yet?
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Greetings Skilla,
your application has been approved. Please /Joinchannel aleandtales and ask for an LMB officer to complete your interview.

Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Interviewed and invited.... Welcome to the kin, Skilla!

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Forum ROSTER (Edit/Sign Your Roster Entry) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum