Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

re: :( Godwineson, Meneledan, Galspi, etc.

I am so sad to hear of Godwineson's passing. I am thankful that his last day was spent with those he loved. My deepest condolences to his family.

I will make very effort to attend a memorial and would be honored to help in any way possible.

Alt Kins:
Silvermoon Manor: alts-Sugarbell, Halliwyn, Callabeth, Jesstan, Orinhir, Audli, Candriell, Grif             
Silvermoon Vintners: alts-Darcyil, Jilanna, Esdell             
The Ravenhill Rovers: alts-Bekk, Draim, Nathrec

On Crickhollow: Tulenn & Cloverly (Old Winyards Kinship)
Calycanthus
NoCyg
Officer

This is sad news indeed. sad Godwineson was a great person.

My sympathies to you, Carliee, and to his other family and friends.
Forte Maestro

Awarded:

I dont think I had ever known him. It is always sad to hear of real life losses like this. But, find it awesome that people come together and honor them.

Like others, words elude me. Godwineson was a wonderful person and always seemed full of peace to me. He will be missed.

And prayers for his family... no parents should ever have to say goodbye to their children, even if he did depart with a smile.

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Amberflower
Officer

Awarded:

Tamoro wrote:
Byrcha wrote:
WHAT?!?!?! Oh no. I don't have any words for this right now. But thank you Carliee for letting us know.

This...

Me three.

Alt kin: Virtus Tentamine Gaudet - Packzii, Amberflora, Idrynna, Tartlett

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places;
but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief,
it grows perhaps the greater."

"...together they (Aragorn and Arwen) went up into the High City, and all the stars flowered in the sky."
Carliee

Can we do it next weekend? His funeral is this Saturday and I'm not sure what computer access I'll have this Sunday. Thanks! I was sad to miss Tinki's memorial service. I was all set for it until some plans changed unexpectedly.

Carliee

Byrcha wrote:
I'm still shocked and saddened by this passing. I think the first fellowship run I went on in LOTRO/LMB was with Godwineson/Meneladan. Over the years I too was impressed with his Tolkien lore as well as his stalwart helpfulness. I am gladdened by the time he spent with us, even if it was far too short. I too hope that his family and RL friends take some comfort in this, too.

And so, let us plan a memorial/tribute/get-together. Saturdays or Sundays are peak attendance times. Perhaps this Sunday Sept 25 or Sunday Oct 2, following the Andune Ensemble show at 4:00 pm? Or perhaps sometime on Saturday Oct. 1st? (There is a Coursera event on Sat Sept 24, which would likely be best not to schedule against.) Please, Carliee, let us know what time(s) work best for you.

Also, please, for those who knew him best, suggest some ways we might honor our time with him.
Carliee

Lotro was a place of peace for him.

Tearna Quickfoot wrote:
Like others, words elude me. Godwineson was a wonderful person and always seemed full of peace to me. He will be missed.

And prayers for his family... no parents should ever have to say goodbye to their children, even if he did depart with a smile.
Carliee

Here's a link to Steve's full obituary:

ewingfh.com/obituaries/stephen-d-schaper/
Vorlt Trankey
Vorlt

Awarded:

Another friend passes, more tears are shed. We mourn, and remember the good times. Living a good life and dying with a smile on your face is all you can ask. Rest well Godwineson, a shame we never properly met.

Awarded:

re: Re: :( Godwineson, Meneledan, Galspi, etc.

Carliee wrote:
Can we do it next weekend? His funeral is this Saturday and I'm not sure what computer access I'll have this Sunday. Thanks! I was sad to miss Tinki's memorial service. I was all set for it until some plans changed unexpectedly.

Thanks, Carliee. How about Sunday Oct 2, following the Andune Ensemble show at 4:00 pm? If you don't think that will work, we'll adjust accordingly.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Seems like a good day to me.

Carliee

re: Re: :( Godwineson, Meneledan, Galspi, etc.

Byrcha wrote:
Carliee wrote:

Thanks, Carliee. How about Sunday Oct 2, following the Andune Ensemble show at 4:00 pm? If you don't think that will work, we'll adjust accordingly.

Sounds good to me, too.
Carliee
Lauralda
Lauralda
Officer

Awarded:

Shocking and unexpected news sad crying Godwineson has been a stalwart and steady member of LMB, always ready to chip in, and a friendly presence in kinchat. He will be dearly missed.

Carliee, thanks so much for sharing the news. It's been a long time, you've been missed as well. My prayers are with you and Godwineson's family in these days.

*pie hugs*
Faer/Laura
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

Holy moly... Godwineson...

On one hand, I feel... "Dammit, he's gone and suddenly at that. That's never good for the rest of us."

On the other hand, I feel... "He died peacefully, at home, after a hell of a good time, with a smile on his face. If there is a better way to leave this beautiful Earth of ours, I don't know it!"

If I can make his farewell, I will. But either way, I am going to drink a tall, cool one in Godwineson's honor. It's the least I can do for such a cool human being and Bandmate.

Honor and... love,
Dannigan a.k.a. Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge

P.S. Carilee, thanks a ton for telling us, else we may have never known. Thanks twice for posting Steve's obituary. What a cool guy he was! =)

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Kyrian
Kyrian Starwalker
Officer

Awarded:

Thank you for sharing Carilee.

I never really knew him well, but he was always a steady, reliable part of LMB.
My heart goes out to everyone that was close to him.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Remembrances All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: