Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team: 2016 SRC

Sadly, it's starting to look like real life may have stolen Craicwyth away.

How many of you are interested in participating in a (Plan B) horse parade to show off interesting war steed tack and rare steeds?

EDIT: If you have a particular rare steed of tack set that you'd like to show off, please post the name.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2016/04/08 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Awarded:

Count me in, Kira. My herd is ready to show off!

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

I can do that. Bren has Steed of Esgaroth tack, Kaerri has burglar-steed tack, and all of mine have Steed of Rivendell (with the glowy lantern). I don't think those are exactly rare, but they're the "specials" that I have. I can get you a full list later tonight if you want.

Awarded:

FYI, to those with extra TP lying around, steeds and tack and warsteed appearances are on sale in the LOTRO Store this weekend (maybe into next week, I'm not certain).

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Here is my idea for the horse parade. Please post with feedback.

Let's have the horse parade have three categories, so that we can break the 30 minutes into three 10-minute segments.
As we go, we'll announce the theme and invite the audience to join in.
With each category, we'll have the steeds circle the Hobnanigans field slowly counter-clockwise (left turns).

1) ELEGANT STEEDS -- Fanciful, elaborate, and decorative tack.
. . Examples: Minas Ithil, Bright Days, Reveller's Gilded, Odogil, Simbelmyne, Lissuin, Summerfest, Midsummer, Springtime, Plenty, and Minstrel.

2) FIERCE STEEDS -- Heavy armor and otherwise fierce- or frightening- looking steeds and tack.
. . Examples: Steed of Night, Skeleton, Victory, Dol Baran, Khundolar, Nightwood, Dagorlad, Snow-beast, Guardian, Champion, and Captain.

3) RARE STEEDS -- Steeds that are difficult to acquire or that you are particularly proud of.
. . Examples: PvP, meta-deed, code (IE: Red Dawn), luck (IE: hobby horse), reputation, and promo (IE: winged herald).

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Here is my idea for the horse parade. Please post with feedback.

Let's have the horse parade have three categories, so that we can break the 30 minutes into three 10-minute segments.
As we go, we'll announce the theme and invite the audience to join in.
With each category, we'll have the steeds circle the Hobnanigans field slowly counter-clockwise (left turns).

. . Examples: Minas Ithil, Bright Days, Reveller's Gilded, Odogil, Simbelmyne, Lissuin, Summerfest, Midsummer, Springtime, Plenty, and Minstrel.

2) FIERCE STEEDS -- Heavy armor and otherwise fierce- or frightening- looking steeds and tack.
. . Examples: Steed of Night, Skeleton, Victory, Dol Baran, Khundolar, Nightwood, Dagorlad, Snow-beast, Guardian, Champion, and Captain.

3) RARE STEEDS -- Steeds that are difficult to acquire or that you are particularly proud of.
. . Examples: PvP, meta-deed, code (IE: Red Dawn), luck (IE: hobby horse), reputation, and promo (IE: winged herald).

Elegant, that include like Azure horse/comparisons?

Officer

Awarded:

Forte Maestro wrote:
Elegant, that include like Azure horse/comparisons?

Yes, the festive steeds and tack fall into the Elegant category, both red and blue.

Think of Elegant as something you'd ride in a parade or to a formal event.

Think of Fierce as something you would ride into combat or for Halloween.

Awarded:

I like the idea of having 3 different segments!

Should I bring one horse for each category, or are we doing quick switcheroos like the past parade?

I have the Michel Delving (rare), Steed of Eriador & Elf-lords (meta), and a good amount of rep and festival/event mounts.
Code/store-bought: Minstrel, Perlino, Horse-lords, Noble Grey, Green/Red/White of Gap and Eastemnet (RoR), Gilded Reveller

I have both Tanglemane pet and Dark Chestnut Steed (Annuminas rep) which look the same, so maybe I can walk halfway and ride the other half and it could count as rare?

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I'll do my best to answer.

We'll call out steeds from each category, one category at a time.
That way, people can swap outfits and horses between categories.

Awarded:

Dancyn's steeds are many: here are a few favorites: STEEDS: War Steed for fights, steed of the minstrel, steed of michel delving, Prized Inn League Horse, Prized Smokey Black horse, Prized Rivendell Horse, Mathom Society Horse,
windfells goat, steed of the Woodland Realm, Grey Horse, Elf Ambassador's hrose, Eriador Horse, one of my favorites rep horse from Evendim.

~Dancyn

Dancyn, Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Lore Master, Gladden

Dancyn
Dancyn/Muinbes

Awarded:

Forte!!

Will you need musical assistance!!?? After I ride in the Horse Parade(s) I'll be available!!

~Dancyn

Dancyn, Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Minstrel, Landroval

Muinbes, High Elf Lore Master, Gladden

Carica
Carica Zoi
Chicken Officer

Awarded:

Ahh okay so we choose one horse for each category with a matching outfit for each.
Will there be an allocation list or sign up sheet so we don't all pick the same horses?

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

It's okay if you pick the same horses. You'll probably have different matching outfits.
Also, someone might have a horse while another has a pony.
There won't be a sign-up sheet. I'll just announce each segment and everyone who wants to can jump in.
It's sort of an audience participation horse show, informal and fun for all.

Awarded:

Alrighty then. I think I got my outfits sorted out.
It can be either regular steed or war steed, right? On Warsteed, can you mix-and-match?

Trying to decide between Reveller's Gilded and Minstrel for Elegant.
Steed of the Horse-lord or one of the Rohirrim gears for Fierce.
I think I'll go with Winged Herald for the Rare since I just acquired it. :D

Awarded:

HA I have only enough slots for 2 outfits. My Clowning and my formal outfit! :)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: