Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Tales and Fiction
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brodoric

re: A LOTRO Adventure??

So...after having thrown an idea out at a few people, I decided to start a storyline that's been on my mind for a while. If this goes well, I intend to progress it through the game and..well, you'll see ^^ Comments are much needed as Im a complete beginner at this writing business. Also, if this is shown some interest, I intend to make one of those blog things and post there. So, without further adieu...Enjoy!
Brodoric

re: Prologue

Prologue: She freaks me out!

Brody grinned softly as he finished the youtube video of the Lotro trailer....."You shall not Pay!" making him grin bigger as he closed one window and opened the Lotro website...making an account and beginning the download. A few cups of coffee later it had finished and loaded. He clicked on the gold ring icon to open the game and make his first character: Man...Hunter....medium build, black hair tied in a ponytail and brown eyes and beard.....name Brody *taken* ..Broddy *taken* "grrrrrr" Broddie..."Yes!" Brody entered the game, making his way through the tutorial and beginner area, pausing occasionally to close the windowed game and surf the website.....Lotro:wiki becoming very helpful with learning just what the controls and options were. Around level 5, He logged out to take a quick trip to the store. There he noticed the Lord of the Rings trilogy set for sale..deciding why not? Might as well watch the movies and learn more about the storyline of the game. A Spring~time storm began as he headed home, grey clouds filling the skies above while thunder rolled. "Hmm, guess no beach time this weekend.." He groaned....rain beginning just as he arrived at his shared apartment and ran inside. The just turned 50 hardware supply employee put the pizza he'd bought to bake in the oven before logging back into the game, the storm pouring down harder outside while he settled with a few slices of the pie and returned to playing. As Brody/Broddie returned to the Hunting Lodge from a quest, Brody noticed a gold quest icon above an NPC and clicked on it to accept, then clicked on the bedroll as he was told. Some strange elf woman appeared in a garden with his character and Brody watched intently as the various scenes played out. *****Galadriel says, You ask why I wanted to show you this? It is for one reason. Galadriel: 'I saw you in my Mirror. Not once or twice, but often.' 'Whether you desire it or not, your fate is tied to that of Middle-earth.'*****
~~~~~~~~~Crack!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~
"Shi........" He excaimed as lightning struck close by, not noticing the screen going black for a moment before Galadriel's face appeared again, covering the screen as her eyes seemed to look through the monitor and right into his own as she spoke, words appeared on the screen below her chin, "Brody!" "Do not forget my words when you awaken. The Free Peoples of Middle-earth will have need of you. You must not fail them....."
~~~~~~~~~~Your private encounter will shutdown in 0 minutes~~~~~~~~
"Cool.....Freaky, but Cool" He grinned as he returned to the game...the last part of the beginner area soon behind him as he enters the game after the *movie scene* .
Brody glanced at the clock on the wall as he stretched....the storm still raging outside as he ran through the rest of the quests in Archet and entered Combe. "Hmm, guess pick up here tomorrow....." He mumbled after entering the Combe and Wattle Inn and logged out of the game. As the screen went blank, those elven eyes still seemed to look out of the monitor at him as her words coursed through his mind again, "Brody...do not forget my words when you awaken......"
"Freaky Elf..." He muttered and headed to bed....dreams soon filled with dwarves, hobbits and an elf queen with piercing eyes....
It wasnt his friend's dogs wanting out in the morning that woke Brody from his slumber...
Nor was it the very loud alarm clock beside his bed....
"Wake up, ya deadbeat! Time to face the Constable!"
??
*grunts as feet are kicked*
"I said, Wake up ya lowlife piece of scum!"
???
Slowly stretching and groaning, Brody glanced around before towards the.....
......prison bars.....??? "Whattthe....?"
Hollyberye

Awarded:

Oh this is fun!!!! Great idea, and off to a fine start.
Lindorieh
Morfindiel
Officer

Awarded:

Yes, very fun idea indeed!
Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

This is a great start and I cannot wait to read more! Thank you for sharing!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Tulenn
Cat Herding Officer

Awarded:

Love it! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Nibun
Officer

Awarded:

This sounds like it could become a great story series to recite during A&T! :)

I too can't wait to see what comes next :)

"Hvat er þat Khazâd er í mínum sal verpumk orði á? Fundthradiru uzbadul Gwyneth-dûm!" 

Characters: Nibun, Baudhaegas, Albodr

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Tales and Fiction All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: