Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Solve-A-Mystery Roleplay Contest - Sat, Oct 24 at 4:00pm ST

Join us for a Solve-A-Mystery Roleplay Contest
Saturday, October 24 at 4:00pm - 7:00pm servertime on Landroval
Meet at Windy Acres Ranch, 9 Chestnut Street, Raglan, Bree-land homesteads.
Solve a mystery, roleplay, and enjoy fine music!

The event features a detailed roleplaying story and is open to characters of all levels.
The game is designed to be played by any number people.

The event begins with a costume contest.
Put on your best Halloween costume. You will be called up on stage and have 30 seconds to show off for the crowd.
The audience votes for the winners. The top three winners will go home with gold and Turbine Points!

The mystery game begins at the conclusion of the costume contest.
During the mystery game, our actors will take scripted roles in an exciting story.
You will roleplay a Bounder, Ranger, sheriff, or someone else appointed to investigate.
Clues are gained by interviewing the witnesses, roleplaying in-character.
You will have 30 minutes to interview the witnesses, located in adjacent houses.

After completing your investigation, tell the host your solution to the mystery.
The first three people who solves the mystery with the most correct deductions win prizes!

Participants should show up dressed appropriately for a Halloween masquerade party or as investigators.
Please leave weapons larger than daggers at home. Pets should be kept outdoors.

Next, a live auction of in-game items to raise money for charity.
The highest bidder in each auction must donate the promised amount directly to the charity to receive the items.
CLICK HERE or visit http://www.extra-life.org/participant/windyacres to donate.
CLICK HERE for the current list of donated items.

After the items are sold, participants are invited to stay for a concert.

Music during the first half of the event will be provided by "The Remediators" and the second half by "Old Winyards".

More information will be posted as the event approaches.
All rules and necessary information will be provided at the event.

Contact Kiralynn on Landroval or by email at kiralynn@roll3d6.com if you have questions about the event.

The LOTRO forums post can be found here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?570047-LANDROVAL-Solve-A-Mystery-Roleplay-Contest-Saturday-Oct-24-at-4-00pm-ST

Target schedule:
3:45pm-4:00pm -- Welcome music in the front yard.
4:00pm-4:30pm -- Costume contest.
4:30pm-5:30pm -- Mystery game.
5:30pm-6:00pm -- Charity auction.
6:00pm-7:00pm -- Concert.
* Actual times may vary but this is a fair estimate.

Prizes --

Costume Contest
1st prize – 1,500 Turbine Points + 50 gold + prize pick
2nd prize – 1,000 Turbine Points + 25 gold + prize pick
3rd prize – 500 Turbine Points + 10 gold + prize pick

Mystery Contest
1st prize – 3,000 Turbine Points + 50 gold + prize pick
2nd prize – 1,500 Turbine Points + 25 gold + prize pick
3rd prize – 500 Turbine Points + 10 gold + prize pick

Prize Pick options (any one of the following, while supplies last):
Title: The Celebratory
Title: The Sociable
Steed: Perlino
Steed: Cremello
Cloak of the Cold Well
Cloak of the Dark Halls
Cloak of the Raven Friend
Cloak of the Sunset
Deep Miner’s Helm
Hauberk of the Mithril Guard

Auction Lots
* Reputation Items set -- Enough reputation items to become Kindred with the Men of Bree, Mathom Society, Thorin's Hall, Elves of Rivendell, Rangers of Esteldin, Wardens of Annuminas, Council of the North, Lossoth of Forochel, Iron Garrison Miners, and Iron Garrison Guards. Reaching Kindred status grants travel and purchase discounts, unlocks vendor items, grants titles, and gives access to purchasing faction steeds. The winner must have significant mailbox space available to receive them.
* Animal Tome set -- A Lore-master's dream, unlocking Cat, Dog, Frog, Fox, Snake, and Squirrel. (These are not cosmetic pets!)
* 10-Pack Dyes set -- 10 of every color of dye. Seven sets will be offered.
* Rare Tapestry set -- One of each of the seven tapestries available from the Roving Threat vendors.
* Music Manuals set -- One of each manual required to learn to play an instrument. We will also throw in several Mentoring manuals. Two sets will be offered.
* Swan Knight set – One black and one white swan cosmetic pet. Owning both unlocks the "Honourary Swan-knight" title through the collection system. Two sets will be offered.
* Grim Pets set – A Grim, Fire Grim, and Shadow Grim cosmetic pet. Owning all three unlocks the "Keeper of Grim Company" title through the collection system.
* Farm Friends set – Ginger Cat, Very Fancy Cat, Brown Sheep, and Tan Sheep.
* Strange Companions set – Black Huorn with Honeycomb, Fangorn Huorn, Aurochs Calf, and Spotted Shrew.
* Wild Pets set – Aurochs Calf, Brown Fox, Pond Frog, and Spotted Shrew.
* Treasures set – This includes 2 Emerald Shards, 10 Ruby Shards, 20 Beryl Sharsd, Anfalas Star-lit Crystal, Anfalas Scroll of Empowerment, Anfalas Scroll of Delving, Blemished Symbol of the Elder King, Relic Removal Scroll, 5 Scrolls of Combination, 25 Fused Bronze Relics, 25 Fused Copper Relics, 75 Fused Iron Relics, 25 Fused Early Relics, 33 Fused Aged Relics, 9 Fused Deep Relics, and 7 Fused Profound Relics.

Witness Sign-Ups:
Chief Investigator: Lhinnthel as Lhutha
Witness #1: Mellilot as the hobbit Alvergorius Cognundrum
Witness #2: Forte Maestro/Fortissimmo as Eratimus
Witness #3: Valtharon as himself
Witness #4: Calycanthus as herself
Witness #5: Byrcha as the dwarf Yahr
Road Warden: Rilweandco/Rilwe as Rilwe

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2015/10/28 8:07 am; edited 33 times in total

Awarded:

Weatherstock is over and what a magnificent success!

As people begin to recover from the amazing battle of the bands, I'd like to collect ideas for the solve-a-mystery contest and charity fundraiser.

Here are some of the issues I'd like to hear your feedback on:
* Should the mystery be equally difficult or less difficult to solve?
* Should we stick with "witnesses" or go back to having some (or all) "suspects"?
* What theme should the story have this year?
* What sort of items should we collect to auction for charity?
* Would you be interested in making an advertising video for the event?

Thanks!

Awarded:

How about the mystery of the concert goer found dead at Weatherstock?

It had been a huge success for sure. Those in attendance could not help but lavish praise on the many bands who had made the long, arduous trek to the summit of Weathertop. Those who showed up to listen and cheer on their favorite bards were rewarded with a night filled with song, dance, food and general merry making. But behind the scenes, removed from the view of those enjoying a fine late summer's night, something was not quite right
Isilerin

The 2 times that I've been to the Solve-A-Mystery Contests I liked the difficulty off it, I wasn't able to solve the mystery, but that I think had more to do with the fact that I took my time with it, so I ended up almost having no time to talk to all the suspects within just one hour, but thats just me, I do things rather slowly, and I did have an tremendous amount of fun during the event and am really looking forward to the next one! =D

Aedon Durreah wrote:

It had been a huge success for sure. Those in attendance could not help but lavish praise on the many bands who had made the long, arduous trek to the summit of Weathertop. Those who showed up to listen and cheer on their favorite bards were rewarded with a night filled with song, dance, food and general merry making. But behind the scenes, removed from the view of those enjoying a fine late summer's night, something was not quite right

Oh, I love that idea! =D

And what about those people who “accidentally” fell of the cliffs off Weathertop during the procession back, was that really an accident? surprised

Lavendla is a little hobbit who loves finding and farming ingredients and to make and eat food.
Hollyberye

Awarded:

Isilerin wrote:

The 2 times that I've been to the Solve-A-Mystery Contests I liked the difficulty off it, I wasn't able to solve the mystery, but that I think had more to do with the fact that I took my time with it, so I ended up almost having no time to talk to all the suspects within just one hour, but thats just me, I do things rather slowly, and I did have an tremendous amount of fun during the event and am really looking forward to the next one! =D

Aedon Durreah wrote:

Oh, I love that idea! =D

And what about those people who “accidentally” fell of the cliffs off Weathertop during the procession back, was that really an accident? surprised

Aegthil has accepted my offer to server as counsel from that "accidental" fall.

Hey I love Aedon's suggestion.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Perhaps we could have a mystery about the entire band being missing... then after someone solves the mystery, the band shows up and does a post-mystery concert? :)

ARGH, sorry if this is a duplicate post. The forums aren't being friendly to me this morning.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Perhaps we could have a mystery about the entire band being missing... then after someone solves the mystery, the band shows up and does a post-mystery concert? :)

ARGH, sorry if this is a duplicate post. The forums aren't being friendly to me this morning.

Entire band missing? I would like to solve this mystery.

BBB did it, in the green room, with a set of potato sacks.

Look behind the sofa in the kinhall.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I would like to put a little advertising video together for this event.
I could use some volunteers who want to appear on film.
There are three roles to choose from -- well-dressed bystander, Sherlock-like investigator, and scary person in mask.

Is anyone interested?

Awarded:

I can help with the advertising since I can't be there for the event! Just let me know where and when you need me!
Tearna Quickfoot
Pink Officer

LOVE the weatherstock tie in!!! hehe

As for the charity auction: I recall last year (I think it was this auction) someone put together and sold a package of rep items up through Moria I think it was (given they sort of drop off after that until you hit the new Rohan areas).

I've been saving rep items in case you do this again. I don't recall if they sold well... or sold at all, but I thought it was a great idea. Let me know if you want to do this again and I can go grind some of the places that are skimpy in my pool (like Foreverchilly).

Other ideas might be some of the cosmetic pet tomes from Osgilliath or perhaps one of the brown swamp frogs from the war bands in the swamp. There are many who haven't ventured those places and so can't just get them for themselves.

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The best auction money went to the rare pets and the collection of reputation items.
I would love to put together another item of "Zero to Kindred" on all factions that take reputation items (not task items).
I have a house with a chest for storing reputation items. I'm ready to start stockpiling them now.
I have another house for stockpiling other things we want to auction, such as stacks of hard-to-make dyes.

Awarded:

I'll help with the video too, if it's at a time I can make!

Also, I think I've got some mathom-rep gathering dust, somewhere, if you want it.

Awarded:

I will dig around and see what I can come up with.
Danniwyn

I've already started gathering +700 rep items for this cause. I have a full stack of both Moria factions and will start farming others. I will send them to you as I get them. Do you have a particular preference or priority?
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Thanks so much! :)

Bree and Mathom reputation items are the easiest to get. Rivendell, Lossoth, and Thorin's usually need the most work. I'll start a donations thread soon so we can keep track of what we have to offer.

Page 1 of 5

Jump to: