Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Elimraen
Officer

re: Spring Racing Carnival - Planning

If you have any fireworks launcher tips that you can post here, I'd love to hear them! I can't make 9pm servertime :)

Officer

Awarded:

Here's a quick guide to how I do coordinated fireworks.

Setup
* Join a raid with the other people launching fireworks.
* Make sure you have at least 20 of each color firework - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Purple
* Stand in a straight line with an equal distance between each person. Face the audience.
* Turn down your graphics settings to reduce lag. You're about to be at the heart of a fireworks storm.
* Make sure that you can clearly see Raid chat. Put it in its own tab if necessary. You don't want to miss anything in spam.
* Pay close attention to Raid chat. The instructions go fast and you need to react as quickly as possible.

Display
You will see fireworks instructions appear rapidly in Raid chat. The instant you see an instruction, follow it.

The format will look like this for a 5-person show: FIREWORKS 1: xxx -- Red -- ORG -- Red -- xxx

The instructions start with a number so that you can keep track of which ones you have already launched.

Notice that each row has different capitalization. This is to help you find your place in the row. In this example, the center row will always be all upper case. The outer rows will always be lower case.

The rows correspond to the order everyone is standing in, as seen from behind your character with a normal camera view. So, if you see yourself as the person on the far right, you'll be launching whatever you see in row 5, the row on the far right.

If you see X's (xxx/Xxx/XXX) this means that you launch nothing. Otherwise, you launch the color that you see, which may be abbreviated (IE: Ylw for yellow).

So, if you were the person in the middle, you would launch an Orange firework in the example above.

It is vital that you launch instantly when you see new instructions pop up, because fireworks have a cooldown and falling behind will get things out of whack. You may want to hotlink your fireworks on the quickslot bar, or keep your inventory bag open and have the fireworks in a row.

If there are more people available, the instructions will be longer. For example, if we have six people, it will look like: FIREWORKS 12: red -- Org -- YLW -- GRN -- Blu -- pur
Always launch the color indicated for the position you are standing in.

Quick Series
Sometimes we'll launch fireworks in a quick series, with a new instruction appearing before the cooldown has finished for the old ones.

For example -
FIREWORKS 1: red -- Xxx -- XXX -- Xxx -- red
FIREWORKS 2: xxx -- Org -- XXX -- Org -- xxx
FIREWORKS 3: xxx -- Xxx -- YLW -- Xxx -- xxx

This would instruct the people standing on the outside to launch red fireworks. Before they're done, the inside two people would start launching orange fireworks, and before those were done the middle person would launch a yellow firework. This is how we make really cool patterns of light in the sky.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them. It'll probably make more sense when you're in-game.

Thank you Kira! That all makes sense. Elim has 20 of each firework quickslotted and ready to go.

For your interest ...

Notenzauber is ready to Play next saturday.. every song has been tested and tested and tested... and we are proud to present you some very interesting pieces ;) ( about 45;) )..
I hope everyone will guess the Songs we picked together with kiralynn for the "Name the song contest" ;)

We all think this year SRC will be a great success.

- Deascaith - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Belegaer)

- Palwyn - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Landroval)

- Paldoria

- Rotmund - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Sirannon )
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Palantorio wrote:
Notenzauber is ready to Play next Saturday.

Just to be clear, the SRC is this Saturday, in two days time. :)

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Palantorio wrote:
Notenzauber is ready to Play next Saturday.

Just to be clear, the SRC is this Saturday, in two days time. :)

;).. in two days is "the next saturday"

- Deascaith - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Belegaer)

- Palwyn - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Landroval)

- Paldoria

- Rotmund - former Bandleader of Notenzauber (Sirannon )
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

In standard American English usage, "next Saturday" refers to the Saturday of the following week, not the Saturday of the current week, even if there is a Saturday before then. Confusing, I admit, and not made easier by the fact that just adding a single word - "this next Saturday" - changes it to refer to whichever Saturday comes soonest.

Just a little FYI (for your information). ;)

Looking forward to hearing your tunes!

Officer

Awarded:

Around here...
* "this Saturday" -- the next Saturday to occur, unless today is Saturday, in which case today.
* "next Saturday" -- the Saturday after the one coming up, unless today is Saturday, in which case not today but the next one.
* "this next Saturday" -- the next Saturday to occur, unless it is Saturday today, in which case in one week.

It's the same in California, Louisiana, and Mississippi, but I wonder if it's different in other states.

This right here is probably why people hate to learn English? Heheh.

Ahh Kira we are not from around your way :)

This Saturday: Today or within the following Saturday.
Next Saturday: The Next Saturday on the calendar.
Saturday Week: The Saturday after the next Saturday.

Language can be very confusing.

So don't worry Palwyn, next time just add the bloomin' date.

So yeah... I actually came over here to let you know the set list for the two hours is completed, also to ask you where you wanted your bands?

Awarded:

Oh, I quite like "Saturday week"! I want to borrow that.

On the north side of Hobnanigan's Field #2, there are two little stages. I highly recommend that bands use either both stages or the one most central to the field.

At Hobnanigan's Field #1, I would love to see bands using the stage on the east side of the field... I think that's the one closest to the middle of the field on the long side? It's important to have people watching from the long side of the field, not the short side, or they won't be able to see the far side.

That's a lot of sides...

Page 4 of 4

Jump to: