Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Elimraen
Officer

re: Spring Racing Carnival - Volunteers

I think I've managed to keep the 25th free so I've just had another look at the schedule. I could bring a non-kin Hobbit to be a barrel at the Hengstacer Stampede Rodeo and I can launch fireworks at the Formation Team Riding Show, as Elimraen. Also hoping for Celebnel to play with TSO in between those two. Does that sound realistic or is there not enough time between events to switch around?

Officer

Awarded:

Thank you for volunteering! There will be time to switch around between events. Heaven knows I need to get my head above water at some point. :)

Awarded:

I can judge the Bree-Cup qualifier and co-host the Wild Ride.

... But where shall we ride? Riding cross-country from Bree to West Rohan would take 45-minutes or so, and is quite fun. Once we're in Rohan we could hunt warbands. Regular steeds could be used for the road to Rohan, but obviously only warsteeds would be useful for hunting warbands. Ideally someone with in-game voice would be helpful to coordinate things.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
I can judge the Bree-Cup qualifier and co-host the Wild Ride.
... But where shall we ride?

If you're the co-host of the Wild Ride, we still need a host. :)

I love your idea of riding from the Hobnanigans Field to West Rohan, then fighting warbands out there. That sounds like great fun!

I imagine people will use a mix of standard and war steeds -- I've found that if I canter on my war steed, with an occasional trot, the +68% horses can keep up.

GDPR#3463094

re: GDPR#3463094

GDPR#3463094
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Cheerp wrote:
I (on Malvy) will be playing with the Remediators at the first part of the SRC Concert. If it is ok to 'self'-announce, I could do that part. Sure also for the following band in the second slot!

You're welcome to announce the concert, as long as you're happy announcing both bands. Thanks for volunteering to MC!

Kira, for the fashion show, it's just signing up participants, wrangling them into position, calling them out, taking votes, and announcing winners, right? (Okay, maybe I shouldn't say 'just'.) If you can go over what needs to be done with me (and tell me how you take votes) beforehand, I think I could host the fashion show.

For the Eriador race, put me down wherever you need me -- Post Parade pony rider, bookie, judge, fireworks launcher, combination of the above, whatever. Please just let me know by the Thursday ahead so I can be prepared on the day. :p

If you still need barrel hobbits, Caly can help there, too.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

NoCyg wrote:
Kira, for the fashion show, it's just signing up participants, wrangling them into position, calling them out, taking votes, and announcing winners, right?

That's exactly it! Sign them up, pull them into a Raid, line them up "backstage", tell them the rules, call them out one at a time, make sure they don't linger on stage too long, bring them all out for audience viewing after the last person walks the runway, collect votes, announce the winner, take screenshots of the winners, award prizes. Now you're a pro! :)

One tip (I learned this one the hard way!) -- About five minutes past the start time, don't allow any last minute sign-ups. You should be starting to create the raid of contestants. If you try to help all the late-comers, the event will run too long.

I have taken a screenshot of each contestant while they were on stage in the past, then posted them for everyone to enjoy. If you feel like you have the time and energy, I would love to have screenshots to post. It's easiest to take screenshots with the names turned on, so that the rider can be identified later.

I could very much use another course judge for the Eriador Cup. I'm hoping that the course judges will all double as pony riders and fireworks launchers. They won't be needed at checkpoints during those times.

I may have enough barrel hobbits, but one more is a good idea, just in case someone doesn't make it. Thanks!

Here are the rules I've used in the past for horse shows (mounted fashion contests). I hope it is helpful:

* A horse show is a mounted fashion contest. Riders wear outfits that match their horse and tack. These outfits can be elegant, themed, humorous, or impressive in any way.

* Riders must go on stage only when their name is called by the host. If a rider doesn’t respond promptly, or goes on stage before his name is called, he will be disqualified.

* Riders will have approximately 20 seconds on stage. Each rider should walk their horse onto the stage, display their outfit, and then exit on the other side.

* Each rider can exhibit only one horse and outfit. The horse can be a standard or war steed.

* Riders can perform emotes to help show off their horse and outfit.

* After each rider has a turn on the stage, the host will call all riders onto the stage for final judging.

* Any sort of unsportsmanlike behavior (such as spamming) will result in disqualification and your vote will not count.

* At the end, each participant and member of the audience can cast one vote for the winner. You can vote for yourself.

For the voting, how do you handle that? Tells?

And while I'm more than willing to take screenshots, low graphics (which is what I will have on to avoid lag-crash) don't make for very good ones. So if someone else with a better system wants to volunteer to be camera-person, they are more than welcome to.

Since this is on the Hobnanigans field, I guess "backstage" will be off on the side, and I'll have them cross the field?

Hm... Do we have prizes for this yet?

Also, I forgot to say in my earlier post, I should be able to help with the qualifier race, too, as needed.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Good questions!

I usually create one chat window tab that is for nothing but /tells. I have a notepad and pen handy. At the beginning of the event, I write down the names of all the contestants. I reorder the list if somebody asks to go first or last. When it comes time for the voting, I put a little hash mark next to each name as they receive a vote. Once the votes trickle off, I announce the voting is closed and count the little hash marks. If there is a tie, I vote to break it. (If I do vote, I give a little more weight to new people who haven't won before. Everyone likes to stand in the spotlight, win something, and have their outfit complimented, at least once.)

If it was me, I would have everyone line up behind the back wall of the field, the side farthest from the audience. Then, as I called each one out, I would have them ride in the gate on one side, pose and emote and spin around in front of the audience, then go out the other gate and return to their waiting spot on the back wall. With everyone already lined up, it'll be easy for them to all march out at the end and stand in a line in front of the audience for voting.

You might have to tell people not to hurry. Some folks want to ride out on stage, count one-Mississippi, and leave. That's not enough time for the audience to really get a look at them, and certainly not enough to get a good screenshot of their outfit.

I'll help with screenshots if I can. I, too, have a PC that isn't very crowd-friendly.

The rodeo and horse show prizes are:
1,500 Turbine Points, 25 gold, and a prize code for first place.
1,000 TP, 10 gold, and a prize code for second place.
A Starter Pack, a prize code, and 5 gold for third place.

Prize Codes include:
Starter Packs: If I'm not mistaken, the pack includes Chestnut Steed & Riding Skill, 100% Experience Boost x1, Universal Healing Potion x5, Exclusive Cosmetic Armor: Masterwork Breastplate, and Skill and Slayer Deed Boost x1. (I'll check on this.)
Titles: The Sociable, Hero of the Small Folk, and The Celebratory.
Steeds: Perlino and Cremello.
Cosmetics: Hauberk of the Mithril Guard, Cloak of the Dark Halls, Cloak of the Cold Well, Cloak of the Sunset, Cloak of the Raven Friend, and Deep Miner’s Helm.
Pets: Shrews

If someone wins a prize code, they can choose any one of the above codes, as long as supplies last. It might be best to get a first, second, and third choice from them.

THERE IS A MAJOR CAVEAT!
Frelorn has supplied us with the starter packs and a number of 1,000 Turbine Point codes. The prize codes are donations from the recent Extra Life campaign. We are certain these will work.
I have supplemented the TP codes with older codes saved from previous events. We cannot guarantee that these haven't expired.

If they have expired, the prizes will be:
1,000 Turbine Points, 25 gold, and a prize code for first place.
1,000 TP, 10 gold, and a prize code for second place.
A Starter Pack, a prize code, and 5 gold for third place.

Still good prizes, just not quite as many Turbine Points to go around.

I have posted this information in the SRC Planning thread here, also in the LOTRO Landroval and Player Event forums.

Hopefully folks will be understanding that these prizes are a best effort.
We are not responsible for codes that don't work.
I will mail out the gold, items and codes to winners. Just make sure I have the names. :)

Awarded:

We're down to the last days before the Spring Racing Carnival! So exciting! :)

We still need volunteers for several important tasks. Please reply if you can help out, thanks.

NEEDS

Wild Ride (Cross-country jaunt) - Starting at Hobnanigans Field #2, 7:00pm til.
HOST: ???
OUTRIDERS: Need 1-2 (People with an overhead raid tag, who help keep others from getting lost or separated from the group.)

WANTS

Picnic - Hobnanigans Field #2, 2:00pm to 3:00pm
VENDORS: - Need 1+
Just need folks to pass out free ale, pipe-weed, and such. Pies and fancy food would add to the picnic atmosphere.

Eriador Cup Championship Race - Hobnanigans Field #2, 4:30pm to 5:00pm
FIREWORKS LAUNCHERS: Need 2+
Please bring high-altitude fireworks (IE: anniversary, summer fest). Bring low-altitude ones (IE: Red, Yellow) if you have them; I can also supply some fireworks.

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: