Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: 155th Anniversary of the Pony Express

Today is the 155th anniversary of the Pony Express!

Google has created a little game you can play, picking up and delivering envelopes.
Here's a tip: Don't hold down the arrow key and follow the stripes in the dirt.

The Pony Express was a mail service delivering messages, newspapers, mail, and small packages from St. Joseph, Missouri, across the Great Plains, over the Rocky Mountains and the Sierra Nevada to Sacramento, California. The mail was delivered by horseback, using a series of relay stations. During its 18 months of operation, it reduced the time for messages to travel between the Atlantic and Pacific coasts to about 10 days. From April 3, 1860, to October 1861, it became the West's most direct means of east–west communication before the telegraph was established and was vital for tying the new state of California with the rest of the United States.

The approximately 1,900-mile-long (3,100 km) route roughly followed the Oregon and California Trails to Fort Bridger in Wyoming, and then the Mormon Trail (known as the Hastings Cutoff) to Salt Lake City, Utah. From there it followed the Central Nevada Route to Carson City, Nevada before passing over the Sierra into Sacramento, California.

Awarded:

I actually had a chance to play that game on Google... it's fun, but just like hunting warbands in Wildermore, I kept running into stuff.

Quote:
I actually had a chance to play that game on Google... it's fun, but just like hunting warbands in Wildermore, I kept running into stuff.

*grins*

Other active games: ESO (Tearna, T'nar, Tealan, etc.)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The best part was that the crash animations were different for each type of obstacle you could bump into.
I loved falling into the water barrels. My horse was giving me Olympics diving scores!

Jump to: