Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hollyberye

Awarded:

re: Fund Raising for our awesome Community Events

Dear LMB,

I read with sympathy Harperella's letter about the huge funds needed for the Spring Riding Carnival, Weathertop and other events generously sponsored by the LMB. I have a suggestion.

What if we use Sunday Night Sieges to periodically run Level 95 Skirmish Raids, with each person who signs up pledged to donate a percentage of their earnings that night to the treasurer, Bratti? In my experience, Skraids are very lucrative and at tier one not so difficult that a rusty raider won't have fun. I was thinking maybe 75-80 percent of what we earn that night could be donated, and we could do this perhaps twice a month.

If you all think this is a good idea, I can set it up on the raid tool in guild launch, to start promptly at 5PM this Sunday. It would be especially nice if everyone has the Mirkwood skirmishes open, but we can work with whatever people have available to run.

I realize this excludes lower levels, but 95s have the most potential for earning money for our wonderful community events. The thing is, if you are spending most of your game time organizing and running events, listening and making music--then you aren't earning much gold. I thought this would be a fun group activity to start replenishing our community event coffers.

I await your feedback. I have some other ideas but this one seemed most appealing.

Hollyberye
Aldekim
Officer

Bratti received over160 gold in the past 24 hours! Thank you everyone.

Far Apart
Never Alone!

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Lilikate

I will do a little fund raising too Aldekim! Our creatures band have ways of parting folks with their cash... Now where did I put that 10 part Pibgorn Symphony?
Bellcari

re: $ Raising

I think the SNS idea is great and will happily pledge my loot. I'm also thinking of all those donated recipes and duplicates. Have we ever tried putting some of them on the ah fairly inexpensively and then giving the $ to the band? Or even vendoring them and giving the $ to the band?
Aldekim
Officer

At this point we have received an anonamous donation in the name of Shinarra (like 4 figures substantial) so we should be good for Weatherstock VI.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Lindorieh
Morfindiel
Officer

Awarded:

Wow. Amazing!

On Crickhollow - Morivanye- Rangers of Ithilien

On Anor: -Morfindiel, Laerlenn -Mythgard

On Ithil: Morfindiel - The Kin

Lhinnthel
Lhinnthel
High Officer

Awarded:

Oh my goodness! How generous!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Huge hugs to whomever donated the sum!

Jump to: