Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival - Sat, May 17 - Planning Thread

Lilikate wrote:
A Rock and a Hard Place are confirmed for the 11am slot.

Thank you for the update! I'll edit the advertisement to include them now.

I would be happy to volunteer to be a layer wrangler or a Vendor. As an avid mount collector I have quite a few I can show off (with matching gear) and the high riding speed to get from here to there quickly.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

News Update

Everyone -- Please take many high resolution screenshots during the events. The event host is usually too busy to do so. Thank you!

Volunteers -- If you would like to volunteer as a race course judge, vendor, or layer wrangler, please contact the event host about half an hour before the event begins. These are easy roles so I can handle same-day sign-ups. Lilikate is hoping for sign-ups earlier in this thread.

Still Needed -- I need 2 to 4 more people to volunteer as firework launchers during the 9:00pm show. Because we're going to coordinate colors, this takes a little bit of pre-planning. I'll put more info in this sign-up thread. We also need many more people to sign up for the rare breeds parade. Even if you just have class steeds, please post in the sign-up thread and list what you have available.

Awarded:

I'm going to put the names of all volunteers in a hat, draw out as many names as I have extra prizes, and award them to volunteers. I have titles (the Sociable) and Turbine Points goodies. Please don't delay, sign up today! =D

Awarded:

We're down to the final stages of SRC preparation!

Everyone --
Now is the time to advertise the SRC! Please post about it everywhere that you can. Thanks!
Please take many high resolution screenshots during the events. The event host is usually too busy to do so. Your screeshots are most appreciated!

Event Hosts -- Please make sure you have the prize codes and money that you need.

Volunteers -- I'll be on the Backstage channel to coordinate with volunteers. Most of the time, we'll be able to join a Fellowship, but in situations where that doesn't work, please listen to Backstage.

Awarded:

We will need race course judges for all horse races!

The Hengstacer Sprint needs 4 judges. The Bree Championship Cup needs at least 4 judges. The other races need judges as well.

This is a very easy job. You simply take screenshots with rider names visible of the first half-dozen riders that pass by you (more if you can). The best way to do this is to hide the display of everything but the character name (no surname, no kinship, no title). This makes it much easier to identify people in screenshots. Also turn graphics down to LOW, and object draw distance around Medium, because you just need to see the person and their name.

It is impossible to race without course judges. Your assistance is sincerely appreciated and vital to the success of the SRC.

Thanks!

Kira which part of Michel Delving are you having the rare breeds walk? I would like to consider which is the best spot to have the LMC's play.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Harperella is hosting that event. I know that the King of the Wind Sprints is at the Shire race track...

Do you think we ought to meet by the statue, hold it in Waymeet, hold it at the race course, or is there somewhere else good with a stage area and a walk (preferably down the middle) for showing off riders?

The grassy area infront of the statue is nice. Lots of room for walking or trotting. We can put the LMC's under the blue canopy or on the grass verge nearer the statue. Or even by the three trees within the fencing.

Keeping it near where we have the first two races will avoid confusion too!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Here are the rules I have been using for horse shows (mounted fashion contests) in case you find them useful. I usually get into a Raid group with the riders to make it easy to call them out in front of the audience, send them all backstage, and bring them all out again at the end.

A horse show is a mounted fashion contest. Riders wear outfits that match their horse and tack. These outfits can be elegant, themed, humorous, or impressive in any way. Classic equestrian outfits are encouraged.

You can ride any horse, pony, goat, or war steed during the show.

Riders must go on stage only when I call their name. If a rider doesn't respond promptly, or goes on stage before his name is called, he will be disqualified.

Riders will have approximately 30 seconds on stage. Each rider should walk their horse onto the stage, display their outfit, and then exit on the other side.

Make sure that you stay on stage long enough for me to get a screenshot of you. (Don't be surprised if I stand at your side to get a good shot.)

Each rider can exhibit only one steed and outfit. Riders can perform emotes and use cosmetic items to help show off their horse and outfit.

After each rider has a turn on the stage, I will call all riders onto the stage for final judging.

Any sort of unsportsmanlike behavior (such as spamming) will result in disqualification and your vote will not count.

At the end, each participant and member of the audience can cast one vote for the winner. You are allowed to vote for yourself.

Thank you, Kiralynn!

I'm having trouble connecting to LOTRO today... Will keep you posted

Page 5 of 5

Jump to: