Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival - Sat, May 17 - Planning Thread

Something important I forgot to mention, sorry!

* Please write down and send me the names of everyone who helps volunteer at your event - race course judges, barrel racing barrels, layer wranglers and so forth. I often manage to get goodies for volunteers, so don't lose your helper names, thanks!

* Please take lots of high resolution screenshots, especially if you're a volunteer! Event hosts are usually too spammed to do it. Thanks and hugs!

Do I invite the top three placers in both Sprints to enter the Bree Cup?
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Lilikate wrote:
Do I invite the top three placers in both Sprints to enter the Bree Cup?

My intention is to invite the top 3 from both of you races, plus the top 3 from Aldekim's final race, plus the top 3 from the Hengstacer Sprint, plus the top 3 winners of regular season races. (I'll publish that list with the full SRC advertisements.) As soon as the last qualifier race is over, I'll start taking Bree Cup sign-ups from people who are actually at the race, and close down entries once we have 18.

Just to explain -- I hate taking sign-ups ahead of time, because I've had a problem with people not showing up, which means you have to take on-the-fly last-minute sign-ups anyway, or showing up dreadfully late and demanding entry. I have also discovered that people who bother to show up for a pre-race sign-up and make sure that I heard them in /tell are more serious racers -- more likely to listen to the rules, pay attention, not get lost on the pace lap, and generally not make a nuisance of themselves. If you get too many "confused children" in a race group, you get a lot of chat/voice spam, delays, and time overruns. That frustrates the other riders as well as the event host.

When you take sign-ups for your race, if any of these people try to sign up, make sure they know that they are ALREADY QUALIFIED to participate in the Bree Championship Cup -- Kikilaa, Cirthalon, Eliwren, Artemieth, Hoboin, Louellana, Mornareth, Tinylea, Craicwyth, Gonda, Limilniel, Mellime, and Meneladan.

You can also get to the list here: http://windyacres.mymiddleearth.com/?page_id=3795

If you want to let them race anyway, that's up to you. I fully expect at least half of these riders to show up for the Bree Cup, as they were regulars on the racing circuit.

Awarded:

I would like to get volunteers ahead of time for the following roles:

* THREE people for the barrel racing rodeo -- Hobbits and dwarves preferred, please wear bright orange outfits and a tall, pointy hat. (Like you're a safety barrel!) Your job will be to stand in a specific spot in the field, get a good overhead view of yourself, watch war steed riders race around you, perform a humorous emote if a rider hits/runs through you, and /tell me that you were touched if it happens (as that reduces a rider's score).

If a rider hits you, you can /faint, /roar, /angry, /cower, /spin, or /tantrum. This shows the audience that you were hit, so they can keep track of how well the riders are doing. Since I might not see/hear the emote, please also /tell me.

* Riders for the rare breeds parade which Harperella is hosting. Harper usually puts together a great speech with interesting factoids about the various breeds being featured. This means Harper needs to know in advance which breeds we can field. Please let us know what horses are in your stable, so she can pick the breeds that are the rarest but also with good availability.

Here's the thread where you can post the list of steeds you have available: http://lonelymountainband.guildlaunch.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=10120128&gid=128176

Awarded:

Firstly, I've had the okay from Serbryt to bring his LM to the event, so I'll build a list of all her rare mounts and get them in the spreadsheet.

Secondly, being a safety marker is something I can do, consider me available to stand and be orange!
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I would like to post all the information for the SRC on Sunday -- schedule, race routes, band names, prizes, the whole pie. Let's please get this wrapped up as quickly as possible, so that the Weatherstock planning can get started in earnest. If at all possible, please post your information (or a link to your info) here. I'll start gathering it up for a Guide to the Spring Racing Carnival and other advertising awesomeness. :)

Awarded:

Important SRC tips for hosts --

Please look at the schedule. There is a gap of 15 to 30 minutes between events.

If the event after yours takes place at the same location (or very nearby), you can use most of that gap if your event runs long. However, if the event after yours takes place in another location, or requires sign-ups, please try not to run over. Players will need time to travel to the new location, contact the event host, and prepare to compete.

When your event ends, please let your audience know where (and when) to go for the next event. That will help people transition gracefully without having to shell-out and look at the schedule.

Remember that many people will be struck by the /say bug. Try to use the Regional channel for event announcements and dialog. Some people turn off their Regional channel, so be sure to /shout to your audience at the very beginning, letting them know that you'll be using Regional. (If you decide to use only /shout for some reason, make sure and let people know in Regional that they need to stand very close to you!)

I will be on the Backstage channel if anyone needs to contact me. (I'll be totally spammed on all other channels!)

Working on this right now, I know it's later than Sunday, sorry.
Aldekim
Officer

Unless I hear otherwise by Wednesday morning (early)I will be publishing my information on the King of the Wind Sprints in the Free Press Wednesday with a start time of 3 pm.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The schedule has been updated. Please make note of the changes to the times of the following events -- Westfarthing Horse Show, King of the Winds Sprints, Formation riding team demo, Hengstacer Stampede Rodeo. I will be sending out emails and mail messages to confirm the 30 minute time change with everyone.

We have a slot open for a band during the Smell the Roses War-Steed Sprint from 11:00am to 11:45am. If you know of a band that might be interested in playing this event, please have them contact me.

We still need a Bree Cup bookie, and volunteers for the rare breeds parade and fireworks show.

Thanks, everyone! :)

My post on my blog is ready. Please let me know when you want to go public with this information and I will change the settings.

The password is the same on my blog, if there are errors please point them out :)

I will need judges and anti cheat people, a photographer and a bookie. I probably can get some folks to play. Just the usual bands were busy with recent events.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

I'm going to test some codes tonight to spot check them. Once that looks good, I'll post the announcement.

Awarded:

Count me in on the judge/anti-cheat side for the war-steed sprint Lili, should be free once the Rocks take the stage.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The SRC announcements are being posted now. If you have information to post or ad, this is a good time. I'll also be posting again closer to the event date.

CLICK HERE for the post in the LOTRO forums:
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?547052-Landroval-Spring-Racing-Carnival-Sat-May-17-10am-10pm-EDT-server

Feel free to reply to this post if you have event-related information to add.

I have added 3 "The Sociable" title codes to the fashion contest prizes. (I'll be mailing these to Harper soon.)

My post has been made public and I included a link to the schedule on Lotro.com
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: