Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: New Wintertide Steed

The new Wintertide steed has a long caparison, but don't despair. The tapestry pattern is beautiful and the caparison dyes extremely well. You can purchase the steed for 80 festival tokens, the caparison for your warsteed for 100 tokens, or the entire warsteed cosmetic set for 100 tokens plus 1 golden festival token. Last year's Wintry Yule steed is available for 60 regular and 1 golden festival token.

Forum Image

You can buy any of the older yule steeds for 70 Mithril Coins -- Yule, Glittering Yule, Yule Snow, Frosty and Snowy horses. (100 MC will cost you 850 TP in the store.) If you don't have any golden festival tokens, you can earn them by completing the various tiers of "The More The Merrier" deed, or by exchanging 75 regular tokens at the vendor.

Forum Image

If you want to put together your own holiday war steed, here is one set of tack you might like -- Withywindle halter and Minstrel's caparison in forest green, Spring Lissuin leggings in red, Champion's saddle and Short Fluffed tail. This particular horse is tan with a red roan mane and tail. The short fluffed tail extends the red ribbon of the caparison all the way into the tail and matches the gold trim to the leggings. The Champion's saddle ties in the red and also matches the silver metallic trim of the caparison.

Forum Image

Enjoy the new steed and have a wonderful time at the Yule festival!

Awarded:

Quote:
Withywindle halter and Minstrel's caparison in forest green, Spring Lissuin leggings in red, Champion's saddle and Short Fluffed tail. This particular horse is tan with a red roan mane and tail. The short fluffed tail extends the red ribbon of the caparison all the way into the tail and matches the gold trim to the leggings. The Champion's saddle ties in the red and also matches the silver metallic trim of the caparison.

Now THAT is truly gorgeous, Kira! What an amazing warsteed outfit!

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Nevanna

Are the older Yule fest horses ONLY available with MC?
If so, this is a huge disappointment for me. I seen one of those horses over the summer and didn't realize how gorgeous it was..I decided I needed one...and have been waiting. But I will not purchase MC for this. And I will be quite bummed.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Most years, there are two horses available - the current year at full price and the previous year at half price, in festival tokens. The addition of steeds from many years ago is new. As far as I can tell, yes, they are only available with Mithril Coins. By my admittedly poor calculations, they cost about $10 each.

An opportunity to buy the much older steeds is better than no chance at all. Personally, I wish they were available both for festival tokens and for Turbine Points. I have never been a fan of Mithril Coins. But that's just me; I know some people love them. If you call Turbine on the phone, you may be able to purchase MC with your TP in increments different from those offered in the store. It's worth a try, just in case you can buy 70 MC exactly and not have leftovers.

Awarded:

Looks terrific, Kira! Thanks for sharing that information! =)

Honor and fun,
Dannigan a.k.a. Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Tomeoric

Awarded:

Can't help but to say that the current Turbine cosmetic festival team is becoming sadly predictable:

1) Create design
2) Slap it on a cloak
3) Slap it on a robe
4) Slap it on a steed blanket
5) Slap it on a caparison
6) Repeat for next festival

In general, nice design - but the lack of originality sort of drags it down for me, and makes the festival cosmetics seem stale.

Awarded:

I totally agree with you. In the thread where Turbine asks for festival ideas, the main thing I mentioned was the hope that Turbine doesn't add a whole bunch of festivals, but instead expands the festivals they already have. Not only was I concerned about getting stuck in a constant festival item grind, I was worried that the number and quality of goodies released during a festival would decrease if the effort was spread too thin.

The only reason I'm not disappointed right now is because I'm very excited about the things they are spending their time working on instead. Turbine hinted about some of the upcoming upgrades in their recent press release.

Tomeoric wrote:

3) Slap it on a robe

I'd be somewhat mollified if they'd slap it on a dress, in addition to the robe. sad crying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: