Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Bywater Steeplechase - Saturday Aug 17 at 2:30pm

The first race of the Windy Acres season is just around the corner! Join us on Saturday, August 17 at 2:30pm server time (Eastern US) in scenic Bywater of the Shire for a “fun run”. Riders can choose any of their standard (+62%) steeds. Standard racing rules apply and speed enhancers are not permitted. Enjoy music and fireworks. Prizes will be announced soon. Don’t miss this kick-off event!

Forum Image

You may have seen Kiralynn wearing black robes with Cricket in black tack since the last update. She and several riding team members have been wearing black to display their sadness over the loss of competitive horse racing. The addition of undetectable Apprentice and Journeyman riding skills prevents the judges from administering a fair race. If you wish to show your sympathy and support, bring a black outfit and tack to the race. If there are enough people in black, we’ll have a procession from the Shire through Bree-town to raise awareness of this issue.

Awarded:

Hello!

The Bywater Steeplechase is a challenging course. It takes 4 judges to run a "fair" race, and 5 judges if we're going to add the bridge jump to the course. I'm going to give all judges a rider standings point, just in case we're able to restart a competitive racing season. So, if you're able to volunteer as a judge for this race, please let me know. Thank you and I hope to see you at the races!

Awarded:

Heya folks! =)

The Bywater Steeplechase was an exciting time! We even had visitors all the way from the Riddermark server here to enjoy their first Landroval event! They liked it so much, they said they'd be transferring their characters (all seven of them) to Landroval. I think that's something! =)

Here are some shots of this year's Bywater Steeplechase race! This one's the starting line at Bywater!

Forum Image

In the end, our winners were declared and standing tall! =)

Forum Image

Then we gathered for our horse-parade to Bree in an effort to raise awareness over the loss of our competitive horse racing.

Forum Image

Some joined up with us as we rode.

Forum Image

Once we entered Bree, we ended things off with lots of horn-blaring and cheering...

Forum Image

...and fireworks, too!

Forum Image

I had fun judging, but I'm betting our riders had even more fun racing by all the chatter in our raid-channel. Hats off and a bow to our wonderful Kiralynn for another terrific time!

Honor and fun,
Dannigan a.k.a. Gori a.k.a. Whittle (take your pick)

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
`Tinki`
Officer

Tinki enjoyed the heck out of the event! We even got to speak some French! Or maybe Whittle did. Wee wee monsignor?

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Aldekim
Officer

Who were the winners?

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Eliwren took first, Louellana second, and Limilniel third.

Officer

Awarded:

I'll have the full article posted tonight. Sorry, been busy moving...
I'm glad everyone had a good time!

I was surprised to find this article:
https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?520649-Protest-March-about-the-specifics-of-Enhanced-Riding

Awarded:

I went and posted on that article. Sort of a bump with an opinion attached. :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: