Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Spring Racing Carnival - Call For Sponsors

Greetings!

As many of you know, the qualifier races for the SRC have an entry fee of 1 gold. It is traditional that one or more sponsors are on hand to cover this fee for new or visiting players. If you are interested in offering a sponsorship, please reply to this post with the following information:

* Name of the character they should contact (the one that will be logged in during the race would be best, but any one where you check mail often will do).

* The conditions of sponsorship, IE: characters below level 25 only, first-time racers only (you can check this on the rider standings page of the Windy Acres site, all regular riders are listed), a short statement from them about why they deserve sponsorship (filters out lazy people), etc.

* How many people at most that you are willing to sponsor.

* A little roleplay-like introductory/advertising statement would be nice, but isn't required.

Your sponsorship offers will be posted in all the appropriate places. Thank you!

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2013/05/01 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

The Lonely Mountain Free Press will sponsor up to 5 riders to be selected by Lady Kiralynn. Cash will be mailed to Kiralynn today.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

Aedongard bids 5.

I would be happy to sponsor riders in the derby.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Aedon Durreah wrote:
Aedongard bids 5.

Shall I simply have people mail you with requests?

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Aedon Durreah wrote:
Aedongard bids 5.

Shall I simply have people mail you with requests?

That will be fine. My play hours are a bit odd these days. But I would like to write something a bit RPish for it.

(Notice pinned up on the boards throughout Breetown.

I am interested in finding riders taking part in the upcoming races who may be looking for a sponsor. I am willing to provide the entry fees needed, and perhaps a small pittance to cover basic needs of the participants. This I believe will benefit not only the riders, but myself as well.

As a breeder of fine horses, I am looking towards one day soon, entering one of my own steeds in the Bree cup. I will therefore be looking for riders who display an affinity with animals, and a winning touch on the different courses to be run.

If you are interested, and need help covering your entry fees, please contact me with your name, horses name and the race you are taking part in.

Aedon
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The article about sponsors will be written late tonight. Please post on Monday if you would like to offer a race sponsorship.

Just a reminder, I need to know...
* Name of the character they should contact.
* The conditions of sponsorship, IE: first-time racers only, a short statement from them about why they deserve sponsorship (filters out lazy people), etc.
* How many people at most that you are willing to sponsor.

A little roleplay-like introductory/advertising statement would be nice, but isn't required. Thanks!

I am unlikely to be on Friday or Saturday, which is why I sent you the cash Kiralynn. As for criteria, I leave it entirely to your discretion.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Aldekim wrote:
I am unlikely to be on Friday or Saturday, which is why I sent you the cash Kiralynn. As for criteria, I leave it entirely to your discretion.

I'm sorry to hear that you won't be at this year's SRC. I hope that you'll be off in real life doing something fun!

Aedon Durreah wrote:
Aedongard bids 5.

Andeon bids 8! 8 quatloos on the newcomers!!

Seriously, though, we've got what, 10 out of an overall 18? sure, why not
I'll sponser 8 gold (actually, make that 7 plus myself) for riders

I'll send it in the mail tonight...assuming everything works right

Officer

Awarded:

Wow, thanks! Is there a roleplay or other spin I should put on it, when I hand out the sponsorships?

hrm...well, barring all the people on the LMB forums that have already read this post, I prefer to be an anonymous donor

Just tell your entrants that their entrance fee has already been paid for by an anonymous donor, and I'll be happy with that - or you can say the ghost of the Ales and Tales inn left a pot of gold on the table the day before the race...or that their entrance to the SRC has been generously paid for by the Atli Spiderbane Horse-racing and spider-slaying scholarship fund (Atli Spiderbane is my hero!!) - yeah, whatever works really

actually, now I'm sorta fond of the Atli-spiderbane spin - but I'll leave it to you to decide what works best

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: