Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where should we hold the parade and concert?
Bree Town Hall courtyard
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Hedge Park across from the jail
23%
 23%  [ 3 ]
Farm field near the West Gate
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Fireworks field
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Somewhere else (please post)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: SRC - Where to hold the events? Need your help!

I would like to start advertising the times and locations of the Spring Racing Carnival events starting tomorrow morning if at all possible. That will give everyone a week to distribute the information. To that end, I need your suggestions about where to hold them.

Last year, we held the concert, horse show, and horse parade in front of Bree town hall. The contestants paraded up the center path. The horse show folks made a big S along the three paths. The concert was held atop a boulder. It's not ideal because there's not a lot of space. However, it does have the benefit of having clearly marked paths that we can ask people to clear.

We could possibly hold it in the "park", that hilly, grassy area surrounded by hedges across from the jail. It has the benefits of being bigger and putting the "show" up on the hill where it's easier to see. It has the drawback that there's no clearly marked path for the horses to parade along.

We could hold it at the farm near the west gate. The "stage" area could be the slightly raised part of the hill near the house. The horses could "parade" around the crowd, going along the fence line.

There is also the open, flat location where the fireworks quest is currently taking place.

The stage area near the Pony is unfortunately too small of an area for the crowd we're likely to attract. (At least, we hope. We aren't getting the same advertising this year that we did last year from Turbine.)

We could have the events in different locations, but they happen back-to-back, so it would be easiest to allow everyone to stay in the same place.

So, what do you think? If you can, please picture Bree in your mind or take a quick trip around it, and suggest where to hold these events. Thank you!

Awarded:

re: Re: SRC - Where to hold the events? Need your help!

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:

We could hold it at the farm near the west gate. The "stage" area could be the slightly raised part of the hill near the house. The horses could "parade" around the crowd, going along the fence line.

I like this because it's a bit different and it sounds less cluttered than the other suggested spaces.

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Please folks, answer this poll? The event is only a week away. I need to know where things will happen for the advertisements. There is going to be so much to do in the final days, I'd love to get this done now before things are crazy hectic. Thanks!

I voted for the town hall. There are good ground landscape markers to direct the crowd and it feels like a more "civic" event. We may be squished together, but that will only heighten the feeling of being in a crowd at a race.

--Harper

Awarded:

I like the Town Hall area, even if there are some obstacles. Herding people around town between events is not necessarily a good idea either. That said, the Windview Estate area has a defined pathway (not the fences/farm, up by the road/bldgs). If the Festival is extended, we don't want to be up in the fireworks field.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

orestao.Dominho

Harperella wrote:
I voted for the town hall. There are good ground landscape markers to direct the crowd and it feels like a more "civic" event. We may be squished together, but that will only heighten the feeling of being in a crowd at a race.

--Harper

UP wink
Andeon
Officer

yeah, I'm with the town hall as well - I understand it can cause some issues, but it's central, and very well laid out for the way in which we've done the various events in the past, plus, as some have mentioned, it also lends an air of "official" to the bree town hall, which I don't think gets enough credit for being important to the town of Bree, sometimes...

still, I'm not married to the idea, and if you decide to hold it somewhere else, I'll cope :)

Officer

Awarded:

Okay, here are screenshots of the places we might hold events.

Fireworks Hill
The fireworks should be gone by the SRC. Players could stand in the grassy areas. The parade folk could go down the road, make the turn at the tree, and go back off-stage.

Forum Image

Jail Park
It's very roomy and away from quest hubs. It doesn't have a clear road, but paraders could go around the four trees and the stage could be at the top of the hill.

Forum Image
Forum Image

Scholar's Stair
It has a very clear stage area, it's removed from foot traffic, and it has a nice view of the city.

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

Town Hall
Our traditional spot. I'm concerned about squeezing everybody in those small grassy areas. It has a lot of foot traffic.

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

Windview Estates
Very roomy, the stage could be at the top of the hill with the building behind. Out of the way but still in clear view of passersby.

Forum Image
Forum Image
Forum Image

Now it's time to BREAK THAT TIE!

One more ding against the jail park--it is on a slope, which causes all sorts of weirdness for events. Horses stand crooked, players dance into the hillside like wading into custard. Slopes and events don't mix.

--Harper

Awarded:

If slopes are a problem, the only candidates are the town hall, fireworks hill, and scholar's stair.

We'll do it at the town hall.

Awarded:

Many thanks to everyone who voted and expressed their opinion!

Jump to: