Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: War Steed Colors - What do you see?

I have avoided getting two of the war-steed hide/coat color packs because the colors look strange on my monitor:
* Unlock 3: Blond, Tan, Dun, and Brown.
* Unlock 4: Bay, Dark Bay, Liver Chestnut, and Seal Brown.

On my screen, Unlock 3's colors look bright yellow and crayon orange. Unlock 4 colors have a distinct green hue. Since there is a great variety of monitors and video cards, I wonder if it might be my PC rendering the colors oddly.
My question to you -- what do these look like on your screen? Do the colors of Unlock 3 and 4 look realistic or cartoonish?

I have also been looking at the Bay hide/coat style. As far as I can tell, the Bay coat just changes the tone of the color slightly and adds black socks but otherwise doesn't have an effect. It's hard to tell in the little war-steed appearance preview window.
Do you have this coat and are you happy with it?

If you have war-steeds in any of these colors or styles, I would love to see pictures. Perhaps you could post screenshots here. Thank you for your help!

Awarded:

Kira, for color pack three (which I use), they all look perfectly natural to me (except brown, which looks...kind of greeny-yellow). But there's certainly no crayon colors.

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Kaerri
Kaerri
Officer

Awarded:

Unlock 4 looks very greenish to me as well - rather disappointing because I wanted Bren to have a liver chestnut war-steed to match the liver chestnut Bree-rep horse he'd been riding for 70 levels... but it's nowhere near the same color.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: