Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: NEXT RACE: Firefoot Sprint - Wed Feb 13 at 9:30pm ST

The race route photos have been posted on the Windy Acres site:

http://windyacres.mymiddleearth.com/?page_id=15&preview=true&preview_id=15&preview_nonce=4007954959#firefoot

I am suffering from a crazy amount of lag today. If it continues tomorrow, I will need extra help from volunteers to judge the course.

Awarded:

The race is today! Meet at the Forsaken Inn. Remember, the mounted fashion contest has a flame theme.

Awarded:

Here are the highlights of the Firefoot Sprint, until I have time to post a full report:

* Ten riders signed up for the race. A few more galloped along with the group, but they were not properly registered.

* The final results were Caiyyd, Treasaigh, Aalloria, with Shintako and Carafinthir not far behind.

* The course proved to be very challenging. Those who practiced ahead of time made it through the course far ahead of the others. A few got lost or fell to their demise. The race was won by a light war steed, with a medium in second place and a standard in third. (I think? Aalloria, what were you riding?)

* Five people signed up for the flame-themed fashion contest. All of the outfits were amazing! The results were - Beorbrand, Carafinthir, and Shintako with Lhinnthel and Aalloria also earning a few votes. Beorbrand continues to dominate horse shows.

* Many thanks to our checkpoint judges - Beorbrand, Galzagar, Hilthorin, Kyrian, Kiserona, and Lhinnthel!

* Some sort of internet hiccup kicked me out of the game for several minutes. (Sorry for the delay!)

* Someone heard my advertisement in Bree and threatened in Regional that I was going to get in huge trouble with Turbine when they found out. I chuckled and asked why I would be in trouble for advertising a race. In a smug tone, they told me I would have my account banned forever, was I still laughing? I answered yes and asked why anyone would report the ad. They claimed that it was impossible to give away TP, so either I was lying or hacking the game. You can imagine the Regional melt-down that happened when this person wouldn't back down. People jumped in with info about point cards, marketplace purchases, and Turbine-sponsored prizes. I stayed out of it at that point.

There is a rumor that Turbine is releasing new point cards into the stores - These are TP cards that work equally in LOTRO and DDO. If the $10 cards return, event prizes will improve!

Now I'm off to get the article ready and post it...
Have screenshots of the event? Let's see them!

Awarded:

It was a great race and fashion show! Here are a few screenies, my resolution is awful but they're still fun :) https://picasaweb.google.com/105357691489023723615/FirefootSprintFebruary132013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: