Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to participate in this sport?
Yes, it's a real challenge!
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
Yes, after I get a war steed and/or bugs are fixed.
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Yes, if you change the schedule.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
No, but I like to watch them perform.
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
No. Are you banging two halves of a coconut together?
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 14

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team - Yea or neigh?

Greetings, Banders!

As most of you know, I put quite a bit of time and resources into hosting events for the Landroval server. Although they are open to the public, I primarily organize these for the benefit of the LMB. Some of the events I've hosted are becoming more popular, others less so. I work a full-time job and have a family, so I cannot host all types of events all of the time.

The purpose of this poll is to get your feedback. Let me know, honestly, what level of interest you have in this event. Thank you!

Formation Riding Team

Also known as quadrille dressage. Groups of riders perform a series of parade-like maneuvers to music, with an opening or closing fireworks show. The show is often accompanied by a horse parade, showing off rare breeds and matching outfits.

Pros -
* Requires no prize items/money/TP.
* Less subject to trolls than certain other events.
* Something different that a dozen other groups aren't doing.
* A "sport" of sorts, provides some challenge.
* Helps participants increase their collection of horses and cosmetic outfits.

Cons -
* Needs groups of 4 participants, plus alternates.
* Requires learning on the part of participants.
* Like any sports/drill team, requires participants to show up for weekly practices.
* When someone quits the team or fails to show up for practice, 1 to 3 other people can't participate.
* Players without level 75+ characters cannot participate on war steeds.
* Nothing for the audience to do but watch.

Awarded:

EWW NAY!!! LEARNING! YUCK!
Just Kidding :)

I think it provides a great sense of team work (I know there is a word for it, but I forget what it is) on the part of the people involved, I say yay for this even though I can't attend.

Known as=
Landroval: Mianda, Trignee, and Lahluna
Crickhollow: Emegas, Emalynn, Emberlee, Elestor, and Emilien
Caiyyd

Awarded:

I totally enjoyed riding with the team and hope to be able to do so,again.. The last performance just wasn't possible for me with RL craziness going on. Timing is everything for me - I cannot get online before 7 cst most weekdays and have to get out of game to do my evening routine by 9:30 at the latest. (Sometimes I get a leetle longer if I make puppy eyes at the spouse lol)
Craicwyth
RohanArchitect
Officer

Awarded:

I suppose it should come as no surprise that I am fervently in favor of the team's continuation. It represents a really unique activity, which even if it is not to everyone's tastes, is no less interesting than a concert, and has the potential to teach viewers about real world equestrian events.

Furthermore, there is another activity which you only hinted at; getting team members to kindred with the various factions means occasional rampages! The one we did in Angmar to get Lhinnthel the Ashen Steed was quite fun, even if it was somewhat mindless.

As far as your involvement goes, would you consider passing the leadership to someone else, and being the team's consultant instead? I realize that you would leave very large shoes to fill, but I think it would be the best way to keep the team going while taking some of the stress off of you.

Awarded:

RohanArchitect wrote:

As far as your involvement goes, would you consider passing the leadership to someone else, and being the team's consultant instead? I realize that you would leave very large shoes to fill, but I think it would be the best way to keep the team going while taking some of the stress off of you.

Sad as this may be to face, this might be a good idea. Yer plate is overflowing a bit at the edges and maybe if you give the reigns to someone less stressed, like RohanArchitect. Possibly get the time moved up a little bit (like 2 hours should suffice LOL) and then I can start attending again :3

Known as=
Landroval: Mianda, Trignee, and Lahluna
Crickhollow: Emegas, Emalynn, Emberlee, Elestor, and Emilien
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Craicwyth, you are already the team captain. I have no doubt you could handle fully managing the team. If you don't want to tackle the whole thing, I can help with some of it. Let me know which aspects of the team you'd be willing to take over -- recruiting, scheduling practices, designing routines, picking ABC music, wrangling horses, designing uniforms, advertising events, and/or other things I'm not thinking of.

Right now, it feels like I've had to do 95% of the design work, with very little input from others. That wasn't too bad until I also had to ride on the team. Managing + riding = too much.

I have a feeling that the sport might get more popular once team members are on warsteeds and can trot - I think it'll be more exciting to watch then. Of course, Turbine fixing the saddle bounce bug would also be a help.

My idea had been to make a video of the team doing practice and/or their routine. Unfortunately, there wasn't a lot of enthusiasm for that project. I do understand - it takes several hours of time for anyone who would want to be in the video.

Kira, Hi.

I have been looking at the formation riding details. I think it is amazing! Can I have a letter please? so I can begin to learn the manoeuvres. I have a Chestnut 62% Pony, Stodgy. She is the first mount Emylot has owned and she is not yet comfortable with riding but is getting there.

Awarded:

Now is the perfect time to join the formation riding team. They're between shows, so you would be learning a new routine from day one with everyone else.

Awarded:

Ok, I answered the poll as a 'No, but I'll watch', but that was because it was slightly closer to what I would have answered if I could have. There is a possibility that I may be willing to give it a shot in the future after I get my lil' war pony and I see how much fun you guys have with this. So far the only exposure I had to an actual event was during the A&T show and unfortunately I did not get to see too much from my spot filling in on OW. Depending on my schedule I may be able to come out and help out with the music side of things. But at this time I cannot dedicate any time to actually performing as part of the team.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: