Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Formation Riding Team - Second Routine

We'll be performing at Ales and Tales on Monday, January 28th! We can get together on Saturday at noon for one last dress rehearsal.

We have decided that the horse parade will feature the Wintry, Mathom, Snowy, Harvest-brew and Frosty steeds. Please wardrobe appropriate outfits.

Here is our To-do list:

* See if we can recruit a couple of people to stand in the back corners and shoot fireworks. We may have to come up with these at the last minute.

* Come up with a third portion of the event to replace the mounted fashion contest we had last time. Can anyone offer suggestions?

* Come up with music to play during the routine, something at least 4 minutes and 30 seconds long.

Awarded:

I don't know that we need to come up with another 'act' (fashion show) for the performance, since Ales and Tales has its own momentum and will fill in with acts and/or Old Winyards to take up the remaining time. In other words, the Riding Performance doesn't have to carry the entire 1.5-hour show. If we can come up with something else though, that would be nice.

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Molly Bayberry
Officer

Awarded:

I will be out of town this weekend so won't be able to make a dress rehearsal on Saturday. But I will be there on Monday, ready to stand as a fireworks-shooting wall, if needed!

Also Sandy Gorseleaf of Clan Etal
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

For music I suggest we use either of these...

5-(Aeg)Jigs -- Gondorian jigs, long enough to cover us riding in and out again.

5-(Keli)RockingChairs -- Best started right before we do our bows.

Do you like these or can you suggest another that is at least 4:30 long?

Here's my idea for the entire show:
* We all go out for a quick introduction.
* Horse parade - If we can get someone to announce and do fireworks, I'll ride with you, otherwise I'll do that part. We'll ask OW to play whichever of the above songs we're not using for the routine or any other upbeat, high-energy music.
* OW queues up our song, we do our formation riding demonstration.
* We do a short musical number. I'd like to play these two songs with y'all if it's alright: http://roll3d6.com/abc/24-magicoflove.txt and http://roll3d6.com/abc/34-magika.txt

Tada! Thoughts? Suggestions? Good?

Awarded:

The two song suggestions I have are:

6-Mull_of_Kintyre [4:48]
36-SkatersWaltz [5:52]

"Mull" is the right length and the bagpipes make it sound a bit "Dwarfy"; 6 musicians might be asking a bit much though. "Skaters" is longer, but has a nice bounce to it and, well, we are performing on a frozen pond; also has an adjustable number of musicians.

I like the two extra songs you posted Kira. For those, it would just be the riders playing, right? We could play on horseback! :) as in, facing the cliff where we do our salute.

I like (Aeg)Jigs for the riding performance and RockingChair for the horse show. So, for sequencing, we'd ride off at the end of the riding performance, then ride back out to do the two additional songs? Given that Jigs is 5:20 they might still be playing when we come back out.

So, overall, the riding show (intro, horse show, riding performance, 2x songs) is about 15 minutes. We could open A&T with this, in place of OW; or just after OW plays their 10-15 min opener, depending on how many other acts are signing up (i.e., a last-second decision).

[edit] might be best to open the show with the riding, otherwise the audience will be crowded around OW, dancing, and we'd then need to move them to the edge of the cliff. Do-able, but maybe easier to just get them in the right place to begin with.

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
I like the two extra songs you posted Kira. For those, it would just be the riders playing, right? We could play on horseback! :) as in, facing the cliff where we do our salute.

That is a great idea!

Byrcha wrote:
I like (Aeg)Jigs for the riding performance and RockingChair for the horse show. So, for sequencing, we'd ride off at the end of the riding performance, then ride back out to do the two additional songs? Given that Jigs is 5:20 they might still be playing when we come back out.

How about this...

We'll do Skater's Waltz for the parade (good find!) so that we have plenty of time to show them all 5 horses. We'll do (Aeg)Jigs for the routine. We'll have them start the song and tell us, then we'll come out. Lots of stage routines start the music just before the performers appear to alert the audience. At the end of the routine, we'll go back off stage as the music finishes. OW will tell us when it's over. We'll come back out after a costume change to any horse and outfit we love to do the two music songs (or more if y'all like). This can be one of the outfits for the parade if folks don't have enough wardrobe slots. We'll go back stage after our songs, then join the rest of A&T as part of the audience.

Summary:
* We get our two corner marking people (hopefully) in position before the show starts.
* I ride out and tell everyone we're the riding team, we'll be doing a parade, a formation routine, and # of songs.
* I either stay to announce the parade horses and light fireworks, or I join you for that if someone else volunteers to do it. Our corner-marking folks light fireworks.
* We all disappear back stage and change from parade outfits into uniform.
* OW tells us when they start to play and we do our routine. Our corner-marking folks light more fireworks.
* We finish our routine and go back stage, changing into music outfit. Our corner people are done.
* We ride back out in a column. I introduce each rider in turn.
* We play our X-number of songs.
* We ride off stage and then join the party!

Good? Estimated time here is 20 minutes if all goes smoothly.

Byrcha, after our entrance during the routine, are you going to /mountrearup or double-hop to let us know when to ride forward? For my lead moves, I'm going to double-hop (tap-tap forward).

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:

Summary:
* We get our two corner marking people (hopefully) in position before the show starts.
* I ride out and tell everyone we're the riding team, we'll be doing a parade, a formation routine, and # of songs.
* I either stay to announce the parade horses and light fireworks, or I join you for that if someone else volunteers to do it. Our corner-marking folks light fireworks.
* We all disappear back stage and change from parade outfits into uniform.
* OW tells us when they start to play and we do our routine. Our corner-marking folks light more fireworks.
* We finish our routine and go back stage, changing into music outfit. Our corner people are done.
* We ride back out in a column. I introduce each rider in turn.
* We play our X-number of songs.
* We ride off stage and then join the party!

This sounds amazing! the song choices are spot on and the show sounds like it should run smoothly from one part to another! I don't have anything to add except that I'm excited about participating!

Also, for Saturday -- I have to attend my daughter's basketball game that unfortunately doesn't end until 12:30 so don't think I'll make it to practice. Will try to log when we get home to see if anyone is still around. I do already have my outfits put together for the most part and I'll run out to the pond to practice a few times by myself later on Saturday so I'm not rusty!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Okay... here's the detailed outline. Please comment right away if we need to make changes.

* We join a raid group with all riders and corner markers. (OW too?)

* We get our two corner markers (fireworks volunteers) into position. We go backstage.

* I go out alone and announce who we are and what we're going to do, then ride backstage.

* OW tells us when they've started 36-SkatersWaltz. Fireworks begin.

* We do the horse parade in our standard riding order. We gallop straight out, do a right turn, and walk past the cliff that marks the front of the stage. Once we're past it, we gallop backstage. We change outfits as necessary.
The horse order is Wintery Yule, Mathom, Yule Snowy, Harvest-brew, and Yule Frosty.

* We let OW know when we're done and change into our routine uniforms.

* OW tells us when they've started our routine song, 5-(Aeg)Jigs. We do our routine.
The routine begins with Byrcha leading us in a /mountbow and ends with me leading us in a /swordsalute (as in practice).
During the routine, Byrcha uses the double-tap to tell us when we move. Don't forget to gallop if you need to catch up!
One important question - In the Breaking Fellowship reverse (where we all come together from the corners), we aim for whichever arrives at the middle and stops first, Byrcha or me, yes/no?

* We finish backstage. Fireworks stop. We change into whatever we like and pick any horse/pony for playing music.

* I ride back out and call each of you out ONE AT A TIME to introduce you to the audience. I'll call out Byrcha, Craicwyth, and then Lhinnthel. Gallop out. Each one of you lines up to the right as you are called out. (So Byrcha comes out to my right, Craicwyth to Byrcha's right, etc... like we did in dress rehearsal only one at at time.)

* We play http://roll3d6.com/abc/34-magika.txt (or .abc if you renamed it)
I believe it's Byrcha on harp, Craicwyth on lute, Lhinnthel on flute?

* I switch instruments and we play http://roll3d6.com/abc/24-magicoflove.txt
Same instruments for everyone else.

* I lead us into the /mountrearup's as we say goodbye to the audience.

* We make sure we're in walk mode. Lhinnthel turns and leads us out using double-tap.

* We join the party and celebrate!

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
One important question - In the Breaking Fellowship reverse (where we all come together from the corners), we aim for whichever arrives at the middle and stops first, Byrcha or me, yes/no?

Ideally we will all arrive at the center in perfect alignment/spacing. If not, we adjust accordingly to whoever is already there! wink

Hopefully you all can stay and play with Old Winyards for the closing set? We plan to wrap up by 11:00.

Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

If it wraps by 11pm, I can probably stay. :)

Now we just need 2 to 4 fireworks volunteers!

Awarded:

Byrcha wrote:
Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:

Ideally we will all arrive at the center in perfect alignment/spacing. If not, we adjust accordingly to whoever is already there! wink

This ^ :)
I should be able to stay and play!

Other games :: GW2 (Fayarra.4827) :: ESO (Fayarra26)
"...the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing:
there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach." ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Return of the King
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The second public performance of the formation riding team was a brilliant success! I am truly amazed how quickly y'all were able to switch horses and outfits to keep the parade running smoothly. The quadrille dressage demonstration went really well, nicely done! It was especially challenging to ride on a lagoon-shaped ice lake, so I am amazed at your skills!

Many thanks to Aldekim and Griegon for lighting up the sky with fireworks, and to Old Winyards for providing the music.

The formation riding team will be on hiatus until two things take place -
* We all get war steeds.
* Turbine fixes the bounce and beheading bugs. (At least so we can trot!)

However, in the meantime, there are some fun things we could do. If y'all are interested, we could make a video of y'all doing your routines, with some really cool camera angles and a selection of the best shots. This could help promote the sport for the future, but it would also immortalize your amazing riding skills! Would you like to do this?

My first riding video turned out okay... I've learned a lot so I'm convinced I could do better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G2LvelFPNg&feature=youtu.be

We can also have some roleplay rides through cities and across the landscape. We can pick outfits and horses and parade through Bree or other fun locations. Interested?

Finally, I'm happy to help folks earn the deed and reputation horses. This is a riding club activity that is open to everyone.

Awarded:

Nobody got any clear pictures of us doing our last routine.

If y'all don't mind, could we meet up on Wednesday evening to take some screenshots with our nice outfits on the lake outside Thorin's Hall? Thanks so much!

Awarded:

The trouble with forum posts is that they get buried once I've read them, and I tend not to check the forums while in-game, and I intend to follow-up on certain threads in-game, but then ...

Which is to say, yes a video or screen shots this Weds is fine with me. I may even remember to check my screen shots, though almost certainly they are from before or after the performance and not during.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: