Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: Windy Acres/LMB Riding Club - Join Today!

The formation riding team will be on hiatus until two things take place -
* We all get war steeds.
* Turbine fixes the bounce and beheading bugs. (At least so we can trot!)

This will give me more free time to dedicate to the riding club. There are a lot of fun things we can do.

If you're interested in any of these, please post and let me know.

Riding Team Video
If y'all are interested, we could make a video of the riding team doing their routines, with some really cool camera angles and a selection of the best shots. This could help promote the sport for the future, but it would also immortalize their amazing riding skills! Would you like to do this?

Horse Racing Video
We can also make a new horse racing video to promote the upcoming Spring Racing Carnival. My first riding video turned out okay... I've learned a lot so I'm convinced I could do better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G2LvelFPNg&feature=youtu.be
What do you think?

Mardi Gras Ride
We can also have some roleplay rides through cities and across the landscape. We can pick outfits and horses and parade through Bree or other fun locations. Our first fun ride could be for Mardi Gras! We could dress in the appropriate colors, offering free ale and other little trinkets as we go. Interested?

Bree Craft Faire Ride
Cuthrek would love to see a group of uniformed riders attracting people to his faire. We could roleplay and advertise for the faire as we walked and trotted our way to Bree. Who would like to ride along?

Earning New Steeds
Finally, I'm happy to help folks earn the deed and reputation horses. Are any of you in need?

Of course, Windy Acres will still host at a horse race and mounted fashion contest each month. We'll also have the occasional mystery RP party.

Where is the love for goats? *pout*

I would love to join in myself, I only have my beloved goat for now, but I'll work on my stable toot sweet! I'll figure out what deed/rep horse I can earn next and if I need help I'll certainly ask for it.

Officer

Awarded:

Since there isn't any LMB interest in any equestrian-related activities, I'll plan to retire them at the end of the current season.

I'll host the following races before calling it quits --
* Firefoot Sprint - Wednesday, February 13 at 9:30pm ST
* Bywater Steeplechase - Wednesday, March 13 at 9:30pm ST
* The Fool’s Derby - Wednesday, April 10 at 9:30pm ST
* Spring Racing Carnival...?

I am concerned about the upcoming Spring Racing Carnival. It is impossible for me to host all of the qualifier races. If there truly isn't any interest in hosting or participating in an event of this magnitude, perhaps it ought to be scaled back.

There was quite a bit of interest in RP parties, so I'll put a little more time into that.

Awarded:

re: Re: Windy Acres/LMB Riding Club - Join Today!

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:

Mardi Gras Ride
We can also have some roleplay rides through cities and across the landscape. We can pick outfits and horses and parade through Bree or other fun locations. Our first fun ride could be for Mardi Gras! We could dress in the appropriate colors, offering free ale and other little trinkets as we go. Interested?

Bree Craft Faire Ride
Cuthrek would love to see a group of uniformed riders attracting people to his faire. We could roleplay and advertise for the faire as we walked and trotted our way to Bree. Who would like to ride along?

Earning New Steeds
Finally, I'm happy to help folks earn the deed and reputation horses. Are any of you in need?

Very interested in all of these! I'd love to work with a group to grind Golden Tokens in Enedwaith, for the Ranger steed there...

Quote:
Since there isn't any LMB interest in any equestrian-related activities, I'll plan to retire them at the end of the current season.

I think this would be a real shame!

Kiralynn, it seems to me, from this comment, that you might be feeling a little burnt out. You do a tremendous amount of work to host and coordinate these events, all by yourself--it really is amazing. But nobody can do this without help, so perhaps it's time for some other folks to step in and take on a strong supporting role when it comes to running races, parties, formation riding, etc.

I can tell you right now that I personally cannot dedicate the amount of time required, but is there anybody else out there with the time and enthusiasm to help Kira, not just with the week-to-week events, but with the upcoming Spring Racing Carnival?

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Cennwyn wrote:
Kiralynn, it seems to me, from this comment, that you might be feeling a little burnt out. You do a tremendous amount of work to host and coordinate these events, all by yourself--it really is amazing. But nobody can do this without help, so perhaps it's time for some other folks to step in and take on a strong supporting role when it comes to running races, parties, formation riding, etc.

I'm not burnt out, not at all. The time isn't too much, assuming it goes into something useful. That's the reason for changing the Windy Acres line-up. If no one is interested in racing and thunder rides, I want to put my time into something else.

I'm gauging the lack of interest by the absence of responses to riding-related posts. For example, I've been begging for help coming up with a course (or even just a general location) for this month's race. I didn't receive a single answer. Harperella tried to get early planning started for the Spring Racing Carnival but none of the officers volunteered ideas or assistance. However, when I asked about hosting more roleplaying events, 9 people expressed interest.

There is some truth to what you said elsewhere... that there are those who are interested in participating and those who are willing to volunteer. Just to make things clear, I'll start a poll asking about the various equestrian events and see what happens. I will be happy to continue hosting the ones people like.

Awarded:

Kiralynn of Rohan wrote:
Cennwyn wrote:

I'm not burnt out, not at all. The time isn't too much, assuming it goes into something useful. That's the reason for changing the Windy Acres line-up. If no one is interested in racing and thunder rides, I want to put my time into something else.

I'm gauging the lack of interest by the absence of responses to riding-related posts. For example, I've been begging for help coming up with a course (or even just a general location) for this month's race. I didn't receive a single answer. Harperella tried to get early planning started for the Spring Racing Carnival but none of the officers volunteered ideas or assistance. However, when I asked about hosting more roleplaying events, 9 people expressed interest.

There is some truth to what you said elsewhere... that there are those who are interested in participating and those who are willing to volunteer. Just to make things clear, I'll start a poll asking about the various equestrian events and see what happens. I will be happy to continue hosting the ones people like.

As for the lack of posting response, I had a thought:

For myself, I never read the *forums*...I only look at the "latest posts" on the home page. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this, and it may just be that the threads need bumping on occasion.

Alts include: Tinaith the Elven Huntress, Dereborn the Loremaster of Gondor.
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Cennwyn wrote:
For myself, I never read the *forums*...I only look at the "latest posts" on the home page. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this, and it may just be that the threads need bumping on occasion.

That box only shows the most recent few posts, not all of the ones you haven't read. I recommend clicking the Forums tab, then "View Recent Posts" on the top right. That will show you ALL the posts you haven't read.

If you want to reset or clean up the list, click the Forums tab, then "Mark all of this guild site's posts read" at the bottom left.

I found these very useful. I hope they're helpful!

On a side note, I want to mention that it's perfectly okay for some of these events to retire or happen less often. There are still many opportunities to roleplay and have fun with my fellow Banders. I just want to find the ones that will have the most support and interest.

I would love to join the riding club, I am only concerned that with my lack of computer I cannot promise to be able to attend practice as much as I would like too. I was more than happy to be involved at the race last month. Also it will be quite some time before any of my characters on Landroval get a Warsteed. Emylot will be more than happy to help at the Firefoot Race. I will eve consider Lilikate running the race if we need more racers!

Looking at my Screen Shots there is quite a lot of interest in your races!

Jump to: