Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Second Breakfast
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurgen047

re: Your Christmas Dinner

Last year I went back to NYC for a huge Italian Christmas. However, this year it was just my wife (known in LMB circles as Lifebringer) and I, so we kept it simple.

1st course was a Vichyssoise
2nd course was Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding
3rd was Chocolate pudding with cream for dessert.

So...what was on your menu?

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.-John Lennon
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

We spend Christmas at my aunt & uncle's, with several traditional menus. :-)

On Christmas Eve we always have soups. Usually a shrimp soup, but this year it was baked potato soup by my aunt and vegetable beef by my uncle.

Christmas dinner is turkey with all the traditional sides...my uncle's green bean casserole, asparagus casserole, cornbread stuffing, cheesy mashed potatoes, and my aunt makes a cranberry-apple salad. Tradition did horrid things to my blood sugar though...that's what happens when recipes are "a little of this, a little of that" and I have to guesstimate how many carbs to take insulin for, but it was delicious...

Tonight we're having ham, probably with potatoes au gratin. The following day it'll be Grandma's ham and beans made with the hambone. :-)

Awarded:

We went out for our traditional Chinese food dinner, along with every other non-Christian in town. Unfortunately, due to the heavy storm, they were closed. After that, I think I ate a fake Twinkie (some off-brand clone), two holiday tree cakes, some little smokies baked in a bacon wrap, and a bar of orange chocolate. (All this being possible without electricity.) Looking back, the Chinese food would have been much healthier.

Awarded:

I had a wonderful meal with family: rib roast (the best meat I can remember tasting in a very long time), mashed potatoes, green beans, broccoli, and crescent rolls. We brought a spinach salad buffet, with little dishes of cashews, green onion, bacon bits, crumbled egg, Mandarin oranges, and bean sprouts, to suit individual tastes. (I'm not a big spinach fan, so I took lots of cashews and egg and bacon, and floated three lonely spinach leaves on top for appearance's sake.) For dessert there was red and green jello, and for all the diabetics in the family a low-sugar key lime cheesecake dessert that was absolutely delicious.

We ate this splendid meal right around 2:00, and I didn't have to partake again for the rest of the day, hehe.

A bevy of other characters, as listed at my lotro-wiki page
Juneith

We do the Chinese food on Christmas Eve- too hectic to do otherwise
Christmas our traditional meal has become Sauerbraten with mashed potatoes (kids picked that part) It's in memory of an uncle - and as an added benefit- my kids are able to make it on the Christmases I have to work (nice coming home to family there and dinner ready)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Second Breakfast All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: