Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: A Night of Frights at the Wraith Race

The night began with a fireworks show to guide guests to the ranch. A large group gathered to tour the property and enjoy the amazing decorations donated by the Lonely Mountain Band. The Statue of Draigoch left visitors in awe while the Ominous Pool thrashed anyone foolish enough to peer into the murky water. The interior was decorated with trophy creature heads, noxious giant purple mushrooms, baneful suits of armor, a sinister keg and an assortment of preserved body parts. Guests stared suspiciously at the newest addition, a stuffed lathbear savaging a beer stein. Chests at the ranch were stuffed to the brim with a variety of ales, wines, beers and pipe-weed.

Forum Image

A small band played Halloween-themed music while Kiralynn took sign-ups for the costume contest. Aedon, Anthemisi, Belegfeld, Beorbrand, Brambel, Caiyyd, Calebus, Craicwyth, Elydric, Furdor, Godwineson, Gwadrodewyn, Kameel, Mornareth and Runesdaeg registered for the event. The costumes were creative and many of the contestants performed stunts to show off. Belegfeld wielded magic, Beorbrand played the flute, Craicwyth breathed fire, Gwadrodewyn appeared in a ghostly glow, and a mysterious guest in pink briefly appeared on stage.

Forum Image

Each of the contestants was keen to win, as only the top nine winners would be allowed to participate in the horse race. After a bit of confusion due to the overwhelming size of the audience, the vote was taken.

Belegfeld won third place, 2 gold and a Perlino steed.
Forum Image

Beorbrand won second place, 4 gold and a beautiful Perlino.
Forum Image

The audience choice for first place went to Mornareth. She won 1,600 Turbine Points and an account-wide Perlino steed.
Forum Image

Click here to see all of the incredible outfits. You might steal an idea for your own costume!

The crowd ventured outside into the growing gloom for the beginning of the horse race. Six riders dared to brave the difficult course - Aedon, Calebus, Craicwyth, Godwineson, Gwadrodewyn and Runesdaeg. Most of the riders removed their costumes and changed into less cumbersome outfits. The group of mostly veteran riders lined up quickly at the call to post. Craicwyth was determined to secure a solid finish that would advance him ahead of his closest competitor, Lifebringer.

Forum Image

At the sound of the charge the riders were off, galloping across the ranch toward the first checkpoint, Lindorieh's house at 3 Long Street. The riders traversed a narrow path, jumped numerous fences and walls, and made the first turn neck-and-neck with their competition. The next length of the race turned them toward the Lonely Mountain Brewery for a quick pass around the windmill. A horse cried out as it was injured leaping down a steep cliff, driven too hard by an inexperienced jockey. The difficult route from the windmill to the checkpoint at 3 Chestnut Street separated the riders. Every rider took a slightly different path through the water crossing and up into the hills. At the end of the first lap, the cheering crowd greeted Craicwyth, followed closely by Aedon and Godwineson.

Despite the early setback, Calebus' horse Spirit demonstrated great endurance, maintaining a strong pace through the second lap. Aedon's horse Leannan gave in to pressure from the other steeds and dropped back. Godwineson spurred his horse to greater effort and took advantage of the opening. At the finish line, Craicwyth kept an easy pace, leading by a dozen lengths. With a thunder of hooves, Godwineson galloped into second place, followed closely by Calebus and Aedon. The Dunedain horse had a lot of fight and edged out the Galadhrim horse by a nose.

Forum Image

Craicwyth won 1,600 Turbine Points and a Perlino, Godwineson won 750 Turbine Points and a Perlino, and Calebus won 10 gold and a Perlino steed. Craicwyth is now the highest scoring rider in the Windy Acres Ranch standings. Look for the official announcement later this week. At the end of the season, the top riders win special prizes.

The Halloween party kicked off with "Grim Grinning Ghosts" and a delightfully spooky song from the Haunted Mansion. The crowd gathered around for a game of Halloween trivia. Everyone who attended won a Perlino horse or pony. Cosmetic items and housing decorations were given away as door prizes.

Forum Image

Finally, the late hour and copious amounts of ale brought the party to an end. Many thanks to our race course judges - Byrcha, Elydric and Lhinnthel. Special thanks to our band for keeping the crowd entertained. The next Windy Acres Ranch event is the second annual Turkey Chase, scheduled for Wednesday, November 14th at 9:30pm /servertime. Join us for a horse show, a mounted fashion contest judged on how well riders coordinate with their steeds. There will also be a mid-length horse race with numerous jumps through the woods south of Bree. Finally, we will have a harvest (Thanksgiving) party at the ranch with games and Perlino prizes. We hope to see you there!

I had this event as a must attend, but got sick. Darn the bad luck. It looks like it was a grand time too.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Aedon Durreah

Awarded:

I had a great time. There were so many wonderful costumes. Remind me not to feed Leannan so much pie before the next race.
Lizrdking

I was at a job interview and missed the event sad Got the job though :) Nice post, looks like everyone had fun. Well done to the winners.
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

It was awesome night! I wish to stay till race but my computer didn't allow me sad

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Lizrdking wrote:
I was at a job interview and missed the event sad Got the job though :)

Congratulations!

Jump to: