Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Tomeoric

Awarded:

re: Rivendell Challenge - Wednesday, August 15 at 9:30pm ST

I'm there for music as well - so we'll have a tri-lass hobbit band!
Anthemisi
Anthemisi

Awarded:

My apologies,
I set my phone alarm to 3:30 am of my local time to wake up before an hour and be ready before the event.
I heard it's ringing as background melody of my dreams! And I just woke up with morning twilight.
I'm really sorry, I hate that kind of situations, I wish not to promise twisted
I hope you accept reputation items for ranch, as my excuse sad
Please forgive me Kiralynn, I feel sorry...

Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

The Rivendell Challenge has concluded! I'd like to say it was a big success, but it wasn't without its technical problems. Still, almost everyone had a good time. I suppose something was bound to go wrong eventually...

The event started off with the horse race from the Forsaken Inn to the Last Homely House in Rivendell. Thirteen riders signed up. We managed to organize and start the race fairly quickly. Many thanks to Dannigan, Lhinnthel and Tomrica who volunteered to judge. Unfortunately, the start of the race went better than the end. Blame it on lag or the Eye of Sauron, but my screenshots missed the first two riders to cross the line and I announced the wrong winners. The mistake was caught in a later review of video. Don't fret, though, the correct announcement will be made on the Windy Acres site, along with the proper points in the rider standings and prizes in the mail. The race was actually won by Byrcha, followed by Limilniel and Judgejoako, followed by Naurlinnod and Craicwyth.

Next up was the fashion show. The outfits this time were really outstanding, the best we've had yet. Eleven riders graced the stage with some amazing cosmetic combinations. Elyariel won the popular vote, riding an Angmar Free People's horse, a steed that I frankly thought was impossible to match. The win was well-earned. Second place went to Dannigan in an outfit that I am now determined to see my husband in some day. (Rwar!) Third place went to Trignee who had an amazing and bold outfit in red. (Pictures of all outfits will be posted tomorrow.)

Finally, Mellilot and Dannigan played some lovely music in the Hall of Fire. I actually managed to time two dances properly! It would have been a real victory if I hadn't misjudged the race earlier in the evening. Alas, hopefully the next race will go better.

Thanks to everyone who came, it was an exciting and thrilling evening! I hope to see you all at the next race.

Awarded:

Video of the first checkpoint can be found here, although it does not do it justice. Being in game and seeing/hearing them come over the small rise there was very, very cool. Kiralynn's regional narration of the race was the cherry on top.

I will have video of the finish line up shortly - Byrcha was so fast I barely caught her on video!

Here is the group at the end, waiting for the results:
Forum Image

Awesome event!
Aldekim
Officer

Sorry I couldn't update the Landroval Times notice. I am out of town until Sunday evening and did not have internet access until Thursday morning.

Working together we all benefit ~ Aldekim, Brambel - Lonely Mountain Band ~ Doribolger - Harp and Dragon (LMB alt kin) ~ Athilrond, Ahtook, Nellan, Elye, Sylduril, Nitnoy, Elduryl, Dironen - Clan Etal ~ Kaesy - Lonely Mountain Treasures (Byrdie alt kin)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Here is the official write-up on the Windy Acres Ranch web site:

The Rivendell Challenge attracted many fine riders to the Forsaken Inn on Wednesday night. While musicians entertained the crowd, thirteen hopefuls registered for the longest endurance run to date. As the sun went down, numerous orcs and wargs emerged from the nearby ruins, making the course even more dangerous.

Forum Image

At the starting line – Apothecary on red-clad horse Red Dawn, Byrcha on Lossoth steed Blueberry, Caiyyd on Dusk-watch horse Hearkness, Craicwyth on Dusk-watch horse Wanderer, Elyariel on Angmar steed Taurlhaw, Glorduin on Rivendell horse Copperleaf, Judgejoako on Lossoth horse Icefall, Kethul on blonde sorrel Ziavla, Limilniel on treasure-laden Goldie, Mankeg on Mathom steed Fluffy, Naurlinnod on jester horse Joker, Rilvoron on skeleton-painted horse Dusk, and Trignee on reveller’s guilded steed Lachen.

They were off with a charge, thundering across the plains, leaving behind a crowd of cheering fans and the relative safety of the inn. Lhinnthel and Tomrica served as judges at the first checkpoint, the Tornstones east of Ost Cyrn. A loose group of riders navigated through the standing stones and turned east, galloping down the long road toward the Last Bridge. The horses maintained their positions through this length of the race, saving their strength for the second half. In the Trollshaws, riders broke into several groups, avoiding bears, giants and other marauders along the way. As they crossed the Ford of Bruinen, each rider found his own path into the High Moors, urging his steed up the rocky cliffs. Naurlinnod, Limilniel, Judgejoako, Byrcha, Craicwyth, Mankeg and Glorduin were the first to pass judge Dannigan at the second checkpoint. With great determination, the exhausted horses made their way into Rivendell valley and raced down the road toward the Last Homely House. The crowd at the finish line began to cheer as the lead riders became visible crossing the bridge near the falls. Moments later, the winners crossed the finish line to uproarious applause.

Forum Image

Unfortunately, checkpoint judging can be a difficult task and I must say mea culpa for this race. From the available screenshots, Judgejoako, Naurlinnod and Craicwyth were reported as the winners. In later review of in-game video, it became apparent that lag had swallowed up the lead two riders. The correct results are – Byrcha, Limilniel and Judgejoako. My sincere apologies for the mistake. The rider standings will reflect the correct outcome.

The event didn’t end on a bad note, however. With much excitement, the crowd and eleven contestants moved to the outdoor stage for the horse show. Parduke, PinkPrincess and Dannigan joined exhausted riders to compete for audience votes. The outfits were amazing and many of the horses were trained to do tricks.

Forum Image

There was a three-way tie for honorable mentions, awarded to Byrcha, PinkPrincess and Limilniel. Third place went to Trignee with an impressive red outfit and festive caparison. Second place was awarded to Dannigan with stylish black and silver armor. First place was awarded by the audience to Elyariel who achieved the difficult feat of matching the Angmar Free People’s horse with a beautifully embroidered cosmetic ensemble.

ALL CONTESTANT OUTFIT PHOTOS ARE AVAILABLE HERE.

After the show, everyone went indoors to enjoy the hospitality of the Last Homely House and listen to fine music played by Mellilot in the Hall of Fire. Once again, thank you to everyone who came to this event and special thanks to the volunteers who made it possible. The next event is the Shadowfax Sprint, scheduled for Wednesday, September 12th at 9:30pm server time (EST). Meet at the Methel-stage northeast of Tuckborough in the Shire. This event will feature a talent show and an all-breeds horse race.

The Shadowfax Sprint will be a special event! (HINT!)

Awarded:

Wow! What terrific shots you got there, Kiralynn! And concerning the mishap, hey, mistakes happen; it is all how you handle them (and I say you handled it pretty well).

Thank you very much for making yet another fun event happen. =)

Also, while I really like the individual shots of most of the riders, that shot you got of Dannigan was incredible. Thank you for sharing it with everyone.

Honor and fun,
Dannigan a.k.a. Mithrilfist

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Dannigan wrote:
Also, while I really like the individual shots of most of the riders, that shot you got of Dannigan was incredible.

Thanks!

I really loved the shot of Dannigan, but also the look on Parduke's face is priceless! Trignee also looks quite stunning. It was more luck than skill, though. The lag was pretty bad, so I just had to spam PrtScn and hope.

Had a great time watching the start of the race before I had to log.. By all account it looks like Kiralynn put on a great event. Very entertaining!
Tomeoric

Awarded:

Maybe those pictures were so good because Shin and Est were photobombing in the back? lol
Great pictures indeed...

HERE is the video of the finish. If you blink at the beginning, you'll miss Byrcha...
Caiyyd

Awarded:

I finished better than I thought! thanks for posting that!
I had a LOT of fun racing the event - getting lost and all! Cross country is one of my favorite events to watch and ride and I love having a little of that in LOTRO!
Dannigan
Officer

Awarded:

I love that shot of Trignee too. Like my lady, Kaerri, just said, it looks like Trignee the Dwarf is looking at that elf NPC and thinking "That elf stole my red!" Ha ha!

Honor and fun,
Dannigan a.k.a. Mithrilfist

"No language is justly studied merely as an aid to other purposes. It will in fact better serve other purposes, philological or historical, when it is studied for love, for itself." - J.R.R. Tolkien, English and Welsh (1955)
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/J._R._R._Tolkien

My Lonely Mountain Band characters include Dannigan (main, 100th-level Human Warden), Briamil (95th-level Elven Rune-keeper), Gori "Mithrilfist" Brightforge (95th-level Dwarven Champion), Mithrilfists (also Gori, 60th-level Dwarven Guardian), and Whittle (95th-level Hobbit Hunter). Far apart, never alone! =)
Emegas

Awarded:

Dannigan wrote:
I love that shot of Trignee too. Like my lady, Kaerri, just said, it looks like Trignee the Dwarf is looking at that elf NPC and thinking "That elf stole my red!" Ha ha!

"That elf stole my red!"
Now I can't stop saying that over and over in my head in a gangsta tone.

I am very glad you all liked my outfit :) It's just my normal purple outfit dyed red though LOL
The race was really really fun. Though I fail to understand how two +168% horses ride next to each other, and the other one flies by while you seem like yer saying dodododo. Then, at the boulder, *shakes head* That was truly and utterly sad. I just stood at the bottom of the hill looking up at the boulder and laughing at the riders who were supposedly going the wrong direction. Only when nearly everyone had passed did I realize I was supposed to be following them.
*sigh*
Fun!

Known as=
Landroval: Mianda, Trignee, and Lahluna
Crickhollow: Emegas, Emalynn, Emberlee, Elestor, and Emilien
Byrcha
LEADER

Awarded:

Tomrica Everton wrote:
If you blink at the beginning, you'll miss Byrcha...

Now I know that Blueberry has become a true Burglar Steed, able to cause onlookers to miss our passing! :-)

• main: Byrcha (pronounced: BUR-ka), Hobbit treasure-hunter

• Landroval alts: Braxwald, Brenthiel, & Hathellaith (LMB); Belyndil (Ales and Tales); Yahr (Lonely Mountain Brewery); Byrkhild, Byrchette, & Byrchetta (Secret Pie Vault); Byrwing (Sisters of the Moon); Byraen; Byrwen (Ithil refugee).

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: