Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Sunday Night Sieges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaerthand

re: LMB conquers Tower of Orthanc - F&F and Lightning

Camara, Claramari, Forvenniel/Eteldor, Mendora, Brenyn, Dwinobald, Eijah, Finliras, Gildinhir, Runesdaeg, Sigvalr and myself decided to try the Tower of Orthanc raid - a 12-man Isengard instance. Some of us had been there before, for some it was the first time.

Being aware that it may be rough - all in all we are not experienced raiders and we lack some gear - we started with the wing of Frost and Fire. Trash pulls went surprisingly well - CC was not broken, mobs were split and tanked as they should be - we didn't wipe at all. Just before the final fight we had some serious problems with chat bug - that forced a few people to restart their clients. Boss fight turned out to be the most challenging part of this wing (which, I should mention, is usually not the case). It does take some coordination to remove corruptions from boss and kill the grims in time. Finally we got it right and took down the twin giants. According to Brenyn, my super glue armor was the problem sad

We started lightning wing full of well justified optimism and we did great up until the third pull. Reminder: do not let a troll get loose!:D We finished it in second try and moved to the final room. Saruman, as usual, tried to cast his infamous 'bore you to death with intro speech' spell, but we resisted it! Kalbak, known also as 'The Trollenstein's Monster', got a tad angry and struck me with lightning so hard that I lost all the will to fight. We did not give up though and we took him down in second attempt. Poor thing couldn't build up his static debuff ;(

At this point morning sun announced the end of the run. But it was great. It was really, really awesome. It was a smooth run in general, and if you factor in the lack of experience and often sub-par gear... Well, I can only say I am really impressed by our performance.

Runs like this should put us closer to being able to reach the ultimate goal - taking down Saruman - both experience-wise and gear-wise. I can't wait to run the remaining two wings! Thank you all very, very much! :)

Forum Image

Link to the album
Very few. I am a terrible camera man.

GPS: Saelpeth - LM (29M) | Draugthol - LM (25E) | Gaeriell - Captain (25M) | Olivinea - Minstrel (H)
Anarwald
Officer

Awarded:

Those were great runs. And Gaerthand, your leadership was outstanding! Thank you for putting the group together, and thanks to all those who came along. It's inspiring to see LMB tackling level-capped content successfully; runs such as these not only make us better raiders, but also better team-players and better kinmates all 'round. Kudos to you all!

Awarded:

Congratulations and well done!

I wish I could have made it to help! We had a nasty band of storms through here yesterday and last night that have left many without power. I was just able to get back online about two hours ago!
GDPR#2569513

re: GDPR#2569513

GDPR#2569513
Andeon
Officer

Well done Gaerthand and company - sadly, since my very first run through Orthanc, I've never had the opportunity to go back in...perhaps someday I'll find the chance - I did have a question regarding your experience in the Lightning wing

last company I was in there, the chain lightning did us in again and again - by the end, there was some confusion, as to whether we were breaking the chain lightning correctly, or whether it was bugged

In general, I understand that the boss will call out a name, and something to do with lightning - at this point, it's generally understood that the person called out needs to move away from the rest of the group to break the chain

in our encounter, no matter what anyone did, the chain just would not break - we couldn't tell if it was bugging, or if we were taking too long to get people out of position, but it just would not break (there was even a point at which the chain lightning stayed attached to people that had already been defeated, and continued to chain out from there to other still active players)

can you tell me how your own chain lightning experience played out, and if you figured out what timing and or distance was necessary to break the chain?

Awarded:

Most T1 groups I've been in have just healed through the chain lightning, rather than ask the called-out person to run away. This is exactly what we did in our run -- the healing was more than enough to pull us through the lightning damage. In general, the lightning will spread if the afflicted raid member does not run away within 3-4 seconds of being called out. But usually it doesn't deal that much damage, compared to Kalbak's more powerful distributed damage attacks such as the Static explosion.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: