Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

re: LMB Riding Club Newsletter - Issue 13 - Update 6

Forum Image
Greetings and welcome to the thirteenth edition of the Lonely Mountain Band Riding Club newsletter!

CLUB NEWS

As of Update 6, the "Yule Festival Frosty" and the "Yule Festival Snowy" horses look identical. This was reported as a bug by recommendation of a GM.

A dismount animation has been added if you dismount from a horse, pony or goat that is not moving. If you are riding when you dismount, you will drop instantly. Depending on how you dismount, your horse may bow slightly.

There is a new icon on the new Winter Festival mount. This is the correct icon for the appearance.

The Race Course Design contest has begun! Submit a description of a viable horse race course. You can post either a standard or cross-country course. If your submission meets the guidelines and is used in a race, you will receive a code for 750 Turbine Points! You will also be mentioned as the course designer during the event.

Here are the guidelines:
* The time from start to finish should be 3-6 minutes for standard and 10-15 minutes for cross-country races.
* Courses must have start and finish lines which are easy to identify. These can be the same line.
* The course must not require more than 5 judges to properly officiate. This includes the start organizer, finish line judge, checkpoint judges and/or pace riders.
* The checkpoints should be specific, simple to understand, and easy to spot at short range.
* There may not be easy cheat points, such as campfires, where a rider could jump ahead without being seen.
* The course must have at least one set of obstacles, such as stairs, fences, jumpable walls, steep paths, creek crossings, swamps, etc.
* If possible, the mobs along the course should be low level or types that give warning before attacking. (This is not a strict requirement.)

You can submit as many entries as you like.

Update 6: Shores of the Great River went live on Monday, March 12th. This update includes seven new areas, new story quests, a premium barter wallet, virtue upgrades, an instance finder update, and the ability to summon soldiers on the landscape. You can find more information in Turbine's Service Updates forum or read the full patch notes.

Use code IHTWQ6 to buy "Fall Injury Immunity" free in the Turbine store through March 15th! Only one is available per account. Skirmishes, instances, legacy tier upgrades, and relic removal scrolls are also on sale for 20% off. New items are also for sale with update 6 - premium wallet, rank 13 and 14 virtues, and landscape soldier tokens.

Cosmetic items have been moved out of storage chests at the ranch to make room for social items. Look for food, pipeweed, alcoholic beverages, musical instruments, and everything else a club needs to throw a good party. The cosmetics are now stored at a kinhouse and the adjacent deluxe house on Brookbank road in the Thorny End neighborhood of the Shire. If you would like access to the cosmetics collection at their new location, contact Kiralynn.

UPCOMING EVENTS

The Chetwood Cup will be held on Saturday, March 24th at 3pm EST on the Landroval server. This race has Gold prizes of 25 for win, 10 for place, and 5 for show. The top three riders will also qualify to participate in the Bree Cup, a grand event that crowns the Spring Racing Carnival in late April. There is a 1 gold entry fee. To register, send mail to Kiralynn your horse’s name and breed. The gold entry fee will be collected on race day. Only 10 new entries, 3 alternates, and previous race winners (*) will be accepted. Registration closes 15 minutes before the race begins.

The pre-race party will begin an hour before post time at Hengstacer Farms. The stage will be open during the second half of the party for anyone who wants to perform.

View the course here – Spring Race Maps.

If you are willing to volunteer as a race judge, please contact Kiralynn as soon as possible. We will need 4 judges to properly cover the course.

* Previous race winners include those who finished win, place or show in a non-qualifier race.

The Spring Racing Carnival has been scheduled for Friday, April 20th and Saturday, April 21st. There will be 3 qualifier races on Friday. Saturday's events include two qualifier races, a horse parade, a mounted fashion contest, a concert, and the big finale... the Bree Cup! Riders must finish Win, Place or Show in a qualifier race to participate in the Bree Cup. Check the Standings to see who has qualified.

The prizes for the Bree Cup are 100 gold for Win, 25 gold for Place, and 10 gold for Show. All other races have prizes of 25 gold for Win, 10 gold for Place, and 5 gold for Show. The horse show (fashion contest) has prizes of 5 gold for first, 3 gold for second, and 1 gold for third place.

Here is the tentative schedule of events:
* Chetwood Cup, Hengstacer Farms - Saturday, March 24th, 3pm EST
* Moonstone Cup, Gondamon - Friday, April 20, 3pm EST
* Beryl Cup, Dulliond - Friday, April 20, 6pm EST
* Mathom Cup, Michel Delving - Friday, April 20, 9pm EST
* Mithril Cup, Gondamon - Saturday, April 21, Noon EST
* Longbottom Leaf Cup, Michel Delving - Saturday, April 21, 2pm EST
* SRC Open Concert - 4pm EST
* SRC Horse Show (Mounted Fashion Contest) - 5pm EST
* SRC Horse Parade - 6pm EST
* BREE CUP - Saturday, April 21, 7pm EST

Contact Kiralynn if you would like to volunteer as a checkpoint judge, band leader, layer wrangler, social reporter, town crier, booze master or bookie.

EQUESTRIAN NEWS

This month's equestrian feature is the Blue Roan. It is available during the spring festival and was introduced in 2010. It should be available in the store this spring. This horse was designed by a player named Gundryn during a mount design contest.

Forum Image

Contact Kiralynn if you need reputation items for Bree, Mathom, Wardens or Rivendell in order to purchase a horse. You can also request monetary assistance in purchasing your first steed.

RACING TIPS

A horse giving his utmost effort is "all out".
A "bald" horse has a white face, including the eyes, and all or part of the nostrils.
A "blaze" is a white patch on the horse's face.
A horse who runs best in the latter part of the race is a "closer".
A rider pushing his horse to run faster is "driving" him.
A horse forced to run at top speed is "extended".
A horse has "faltered" when he drops back significantly toward the end of the race.
A "scratch" refers to a horse and jockey who signed up for the race but dropped out before it began.
A "weakened" horse loses ground toward the end of the race.

* Turn off your active title before racing to make it easier for the judges to catch your name in checkpoint screenshots.

* If you are one of the first three riders to cross the finish line, meet the race organizer after the prizes have been handed out to participate in the winner's screenshots.

* Bring fireworks, drinks and pipeweed for the post-race party!

Have a tip to share? Reply to this post!

BACK ISSUES

All back issues are available on the Windy Acres Ranch web site.

Last edited by Kiralynn of Rohan on 2012/04/11 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total

This will be a fun run the weekend just before the Bree Cup series. It will be on either the 14th (sat) or 15th (sun). I am thinking of a 4pm Central time start?

Forum Image

There will be NO entry fee. I am going to put a limit of 18 riders for entry. If I can gather enough yellow dye, I am going to require each rider to wear the cheap hooded cloak available at the Bree Outfitter which I will purchase. If we get these back, we can use them for further racing ID if you all think it worthy.

It would pay 1st 2nd and 7th place only. The reasoning is that after 3rd place normally the remaining riders kind of give up. This should keep interest with lagging riders.I have pics of each point of interest. riders must enter the Old Forest and Pass the Prancing Pony as only requirements.(Start-finish-Old forest tunnel-Prancing Pony, that must be ridden in or by.)

It will need 2 course judges, one for the campfire just north of the rez circle east of the small bridge, and 1 at the Prancing Pony. We will also need at least 2 Starting judges at Buckland Ferry for organizing and starting race. Any who wish to can "imbed" them selves to ride along and watch out for cheating on the run. Supposedly the 2 or more starting judges can port to Bree and ride hard to the finish to watch the placing. More judges would be much appreciated. A captain port would be great also.

I would really, really love to have an announcer for Bree town for play by play too. he will be in a raid group gathering info to broadcast.

I am going to open up this event for 162 horses and 162 goats. I dont like the store run speed buff at all and ask what signs are given off when one has that "on".

This does NOT have to be the only fun run leading up to the Cup Series.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

I like the Lucky 777 idea, Tinki! Do you want to write up a short announcement for it that we can read at A&T once the date is set?

Awarded:

I can make the yellow dyes you need; just let me know or send Qiredis an in-game mail with the amount.

You all are most kind! Well I would need 18 dyes, but that many needs some compensation for you. And yes Lenni, I will work it up for a probable Sat 4pm Central. Consider it set then Kira :) Thankee!

`Tinki`
Officer

Thanks for some clarifying points needed Kira, Give me a few days on that please, I have been feeling ill once again and have not logged in since Monday. I`D give a dollar to feel well again :). Will try to iron out everything by the weekend.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Windy Acres Riding Club All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: