Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Lonely Mountain Band Forum Index -> Ales and Tales
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

re: A&T Oct 31 - MVT Haunted Cottage

Mar Vanwa Tyalieva hosts the Halloween Ales & Tales at their Haunted Cottage in Vilisfell, Thorin's Homesteads. Sign up below!

Quote:
Master/Mistress of Ceremonies = Locney
Introduces the acts.

Stage Manager = Lennidhren
Organizes the acts and feeds the MC with details.

Sound Technician =
Copies and pastes on-stage speech (MC's intros, stories, poems etc.) from /say channel to /alesandtales channel

Booze Master = Tinki; Eijah
Distributes ale and pipeweed.

Mentor Mentor = Travelling
Organizes Musical Mentoring.

Band Leader = Carica
Organizes Old Winyards.

Dancing Master =
Organizes Dances.

Social Reporter = Sarasti
Takes screenshots and writes up the event.

Live Tweeter = Rizrik
Takes screenshots and tweets them to @alesandtales during the event.

Layer Wrangler =
Pulls players into the correct layer.

Town Crier =
Advertises for the event in various regional channels and user channels (alesandtales, shiremoot, etc

Last edited by RannaDylin on 2011/10/31 8:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Awarded:

I wish I could be there. Would someone please take screenshots of the haunted decor and post them (or send them to me)? I really appreciate it!

Awarded:

I'll take some screenshots. Interior locations at ultra settings should run smoother than vast landscapes which give my poor old laptop headache (he's a Gollum, I guess).

By the way, I've made two songs for Monday: George Gershwin "I Got Rhythm" (lute/drum/clarinet/bagpipe/bell) and Dave Stewart & Candy Dulfer "Lily Was Here" (lute/drum/horn/flute/theorbo). You can get the final mp3 versions of the songs (edited, tested and edited dozens of times) here and here. That's how they will sound in the game, and I think they sound awesome.

So if anyone could play with me at A&T, I would very much appreciate it wink
Dyanthus
Officer

Awarded:

Sarasti:

Those two songs are lovely, indeed! I am happy to play tomorrow night with you (and with OW also).

Instruments I play: lute, clarinet, horn, harp, theorbo and the ever popular cowbell!
gaiagil
Officer

Awarded:

Aiya Banders,
I am going to try my darndest to be there for at least part of Ales and Tales tonight. But, I will not be able to stage manage as I've got to 1. take my kids out trick or treating right when Nibs and Nobs starts (I'm on the west coast... it's 6:30 here) and 2. Answer the door to trick or treaters probably well into Ales and Tales which will make it so I can't concentrate. I will try to preposition Gaiagil early today so that I can pop in whenever I can. I may even log on and stand there afk....

To the brave soul that steps up to stage manage: There's an excellent guide on being stage manager by Tamroch on the forums. You just have to keep in contact with your acts and give them some warning before they go on stage. Sometimes they go afk. I like to confirm that an act is going on before I tell the MC they will. That way, I don't have to scramble for a replacement. We do announcements and mentoring mid show so that the mentors don't have to stay until midnight to help with that. We were losing our mentors regularly. This new method saves us from that trouble. The OW dance set is now at the end of the show.

As each act leaves, send a /tell requesting that they send files (abc's or mp3's) of their songs if they play or the text of the story if they tell a story. They should send the files to alesandtales@gmail.com. Story tellers may, if they like, record their stories in audacity and send mp3's, but if they choose not to record, we'll record for them.

Finally, for the podcast, if the stage manager could post a list of the acts in order to this forum, we would be eternally grateful. It saves us from mining the chat log to figure out the order of acts.

Thanks! Crossing my fingers that I'll see you all tonight for some of the show,
Gaiagil

Awarded:

re: Boo hoo!

Sadly, I won't be able to make it to this A&T. sad crying College life is too intense...

If anyone steps up as the Mentor Mentor -- I usually give a little explanation up front, of what mentoring involves. Usually people are already familiar with it, but there have been times when people who are new to the game have expected us to teach them how the LoTRO music system works, or have requested instruments that they already know (like clarinet or horn, or even lute sometimes!). Even though such an explanation would, by necessity, be OOC -- I usually tell people to check their passive skills in their skills panel, etc etc -- it helps keep things in order.

Hope it goes well!

High Officer

Awarded:

I wouldn't mind taking Gaiagil's place as stage manager, if someone else would be willing to lead Old Winyards in my place. It's a toss up really as to which task has the greater learning curve...But either way, whoever acts either as bandleader or stage manager, I'll be on hand to help if you have any questions during the show!

I plan to pass out,...the ale that is. But I wont be on for the full enchilada.

Master of BOOT,..but otherwise at your service,....And your families.

Lennidhren
RannaDylin
High Officer

Awarded:

Update - I did some staff recruiting in kinchat and we now have some roles filled:

Lenn - stage manager
Carica - OW
Travelling - mentor director
Eijah - assist Tinki with vending as needed

Rizrik, alt of Wisic, can do tweeting tonight.

Officer

Awarded:

A few pics from tonight's concert. Click on each preview for full size (not the best quality though).

Forum Image

Forum Image

Forum Image
Kiralynn
Kiralynn of Rohan
Officer

Awarded:

Thank you for the screenshots. Awesome!
It looks like a great time was had by all.

Jump to: